Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    If you want a reduction in queue times you have to get more people to play tank classes. The obvious solution to this is to make entry level tanking gear much easier to access. I have all four tanks and it's certainly not a lack of desire to tank that stopped me from tanking early on. It was the fact that an ilvl 329 tank will die in randoms. So I had to run heroics as dps for a long time before I could queue as tank. If tanks have to start out as dps and dps have to start out as dps and healers have to start out as dps then obviously dps will have long queues. Blacksmiths should level off of producing 333 tanking gear for almost every slot. Leatherworkers should level off of 333 leather with dodge on it. There should also be some easily obtainable healing gear. Probably two trinkets with healing procs so that you're giving a boost to healers and not other casters. Giving people the option of tanking/healing at entry level without bogging the group down will enable them to queue as tanks/healers and reduce the queues for dps.

And while you're at it stop putting tanking gear on the first boss of every instance so that tanks won't leave after the first boss everytime their gear doesn't drop. Make tanking gear drop from the last boss so they're forced to stick around. This is a daily occurrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    I don't know how I feel about the Heroic daily idea...

Don't get me wrong getting all your VP in one day for the week vs every single day throughout the week is nice and all, but won't this pretty much kill LFG? I mean if people are complaining about wait times as they are now for DPS 20 mins+ what will they look like when the change goes through? People will start doing more whenever they're free, but kinda closing down any other days.

I dunno, just seems counter productive on Blizz's part to set this up. Sure it frees up some peoples schedules, but on the other hand has a possibility of decimating others. /shrug
    I don´t understand why people think this will affect queue times at all Queue times are all about the proportion of dps to tanks. This change will do nothing to that. Yes, there will probably be a bunch of tanks who try to do all their weekly heroics on tuesday.. but that also means there are 3x´s as many DPS who will get all their heroics done on tuesday.

The only real difference i see happening is that GOOD dps will get their heroics done faster because more than likely if a tank does a heroic and has good dps, he will requeue with those same dps. However, bad dps will get dropped and the tank will requeue and hopefully get better DPS. It will be similar to leveling dungeons now. There have been times, as a tank, where i have done 5 or more dungeons in a row and kept the same dps just because they were doing good. On the occassions where I got bad dps, I would just drop the group after finishing the dungeon and get different dps. The bad dps in the previous group then had to wait in a queue to get their next dungeon.

But this still will not increase queue times for the áverage´ dps... because you still have each tank needing to do 7 dungeons per week and each dps needing to do 7 dungeons per week.. exactly the same as before.

The one drawback is that daily quests are still daily. If I log in and queue as a dps now. I currently have 30 mins wait.. but I also have 30 mins of daily quests that I can do while waiting. With this change, if I have to wait 30 mins between each dungeon, I no longer have ´efficiency´ like that. After the first queue, I will be out of productive things to do. Even still, I welcome this change.

Quote Originally Posted by draticus View Post
    If you want a reduction in queue times you have to get more people to play tank classes. The obvious solution to this is to make entry level tanking gear much easier to access...
    long time listener, first time caller...this is a very insightful post, imo...i've been forced down the same path, queueing as dps and hoping for offset tank loot while grinding points for gear (on a dk and war)...this makes the grind nearly twice as long because to you need to upgrade your dps gear to keep your runs going smoothly, too, unless you're ok being that 6k dps guy who's a drag on the group and makes everything painfully slow (which i'm not)...also, 525 blacksmithing provides very little help to wannabe tanks starting out unless you're in a guild that'll feed you orbs by carrying you, most likely as subpar dps...

rep gear helps, but having to grind out dps gear, then tank gear, means it takes longer to get a viable tank up and running...and again, it is a shame that blacksmithing doesn't provide more help to fill the gap in the 333-346 range...

awww "Feralas

* Shandris Feathermoon can no longer be pulled too far from her default location before resetting (i.e. she won’t be waging war from the Orgrimmar Auction House anymore).
    "
    Was one of the most amusing things i had ever witnessed in WoW. Followed by Murloc zombie beach in Isle of Quedanas and Gamon being kited all around org when he was lv85 elite with buffs when we were still lv80~

This change to LDF will probably be better for all roles, even DPS.

People today who can't do their daily random heroics every day probably only does a couple of daily heroics each week. So two heroics a week for some people.

With this new change people can get seven heroics in each week because of how flexible this system will be. So seven heroics a week for these people.

This equal an increase no matter what roles. More people will be doing heroics.

For those who believe the queue times will be worse at the end of the raid-week are probably wrong. Less tanks and healers may be doing heroics at that stage.. but same will be applied to the amount of DPS:er. It is not like every DPS lives in a world where they must do all their heroics at the end of the raid-week and every tank and healer must do theirs at the start. It will balance out, just like today. Just that there will be more heroics run going every week than before because of this flexible system.

This change won't change queue times to the worse. It may not change at all or it may get even better.

I am excited about the 7 dungeon change, steam roll 7 dungeons in a day and never have to do em that week? Yes please...

Deleted
    nice hot fix on magmaul

Quote Originally Posted by backeby View Post
    IPv6 finally!! Best addition ever! I get a more stable connection which is not even close as full and oversaturated as the normal ipv4 connections are! GJ
    LOL, you do realize you're still going across the same wire right?

Quote Originally Posted by Calene View Post
    This change to LDF will probably be better for all roles, even DPS.

People today who can't do their daily random heroics every day probably only does a couple of daily heroics each week. So two heroics a week for some people.

With this new change people can get seven heroics in each week because of how flexible this system will be. So seven heroics a week for these people.

This equal an increase no matter what roles. More people will be doing heroics.

For those who believe the queue times will be worse at the end of the raid-week are probably wrong. Less tanks and healers may be doing heroics at that stage.. but same will be applied to the amount of DPS:er. It is not like every DPS lives in a world where they must do all their heroics at the end of the raid-week and every tank and healer must do theirs at the start. It will balance out, just like today. Just that there will be more heroics run going every week than before because of this flexible system.

This change won't change queue times to the worse. It may not change at all or it may get even better.
    Lets assume the following...

I'm Joe, the Casual with 5 85s... out of these: 1 tank, 1 healer, 3 dps. Now, prior to the changes, i barely had time to do all HCs all day with all my toons. So i possibily did 1-2 each day, with only a subset of my toons. Of course, queue time for tanks and healers rocks, so my tank and my healer are almost all decked out in VP/JP gear, while my other alts are possibly in 316s and 333s. Now come the changes and suddenly weeeee - i have more time to get my alts geared up finally. You see where is this going?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know about having to complete 7 heroics in a week. I do 3 maybe 4 in a week, and maybe 1 on a alt. If your heroic number doesn't reset that will be fine, but if the number resets every Tuesday like raids do then it's pointless for me to run heroics, as I would never reach the magic number 7. Some of us are gainfully employed, and making sure I run all 7 instances is not expenditure of my game time.

Quote Originally Posted by damaniac82 View Post
    Lets assume the following...

I'm Joe, the Casual with 5 85s... out of these: 1 tank, 1 healer, 3 dps. Now, prior to the changes, i barely had time to do all HCs all day with all my toons. So i possibily did 1-2 each day, with only a subset of my toons. Of course, queue time for tanks and healers rocks, so my tank and my healer are almost all decked out in VP/JP gear, while my other alts are possibly in 316s and 333s. Now come the changes and suddenly weeeee - i have more time to get my alts geared up finally. You see where is this going?
    You are given more time to gear up alts as the system is more flexible after the next patch. If you miss doing a random daily heroic on a Thursday and Friday because of lack of time you can in next patch catch up during the weekend or when you got more time. This will mean that people will do more heroics in general than they would have done normally. Now this won't apply to exactly everyone but probably for most players.

Me personally got most time during weekend. I only need VP. I play on tank. Currently I do two daily heroics each week. After the next patch I will probably do seven daily heroics each week. Five more heroic runs than before. So more people will do more heroics with these changes. It saves time for people with a tight schedule, as they are not forced to run heroics when they don't really have time.. like on weekdays.. and they can just do these heroics during the weekends instead.

Simple solution to the HoO/optional boss problem - Dire Maul tribute runs. Have a chest spawn/final boss drop extra loot if optional boss is killed.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottsdaleHokie View Post
    LOL, you do realize you're still going across the same wire right?
    And you, do you realize you're totally wrong ?

The IPv6 backbones are different than the IPv4 backbones currently, as the IPv4 backbone isn't going to support IPv6 yet. So the route the IPv6 packets are taking is going to be totally different than your IPv4 traffic for the time being. That WILL become the same thing, eventually, but not in the immediate future. So, at the beginning, your IPv6 packets are going to be on a route that's less overloaded than then normal IPv4 traffic.

I hate it when people think of the internet as being a single "Wire", as if you were physically connected directly to the datacenter you're trying to reach. Try getting the big picture, folks. All's not that easy and simple.

Moreover, routers have a default QoS that specifies that IPv6 traffic has more priority over IPv4 traffic.

I doubt anyone's bottleneck is beyond the network of their bottom level ISP. And I would guess most IPv6 traffic would be encapsulated over IPv4 at that point still wouldn't it? If you're tunneling then you might see more of a latency loss from overhead than you gain from the stretch of Ipv6 internet. Of course if your local ISP does already support IPv6 then you should see a speed increase in the short term, until everyone else switches over
    Drunk toddlers in a dryer

I'm not sure I agree that this will help dungeon queueing. I think that since they are capping Valor Points, it's just going to leave people not doing them. There won't be a point and no reward. Most of a raiding toons points will come from raiding, as thus, running a 5 man will be pointless. Maybe some of the 4.1's for the mounts, but after that, it's not a chance in hell.