Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Laluka View Post
    Or, we could try to be original instead of just buffing spells. I'd still DoT adds, which in my opinion would make shadow AoE too OP. With DoT's and a newly doubled Mind Sear we would hurt.

A spell like I suggested would make our AoE more bursty, which would be better suited to current raid content. I can't think of a fight where you have to AoE constantly. Plus, I still think we need a AoE CD. AA and SF are useless for this. I am yet to think of a class/spec that doesn't have a CD that buffs their AoE. Maybe not by buffing the damage of their AoE but certainly an ability that is used outside of their "normal" AoE to add that extra bit of damage.

If you could suggest something that would be a AoE cooldown that isn't spread DoT's I would be more than happy to hear it

uhm. empowered shadows and dark evangelism?

with mind sear now being doubled, it's like a mating call for nerfbats. you'll do like three times the damage you deal with mind sear now. when blizz notices we rock aoe packs, like 2 days after the release of the patch, it'll be easy to nerf mastery for them. since that stat is imported just for easy nerfs and buffs.
    Last edited by Crudelitas; 2011-03-23 at 05:03 AM.

Deleted
    I play Shadow Priest, and I think our AoE is fine. We're better at single-target compared to others, and other classes are better at AoE.

On Cho'gall, I don't even AoE the adds, I just nuke the boss because it's effort swapping to adds when I do so much more damage when I'm attacking single-target. And on Malorak, just 2 Mind Sears is enough, it doesn't effect our rotation much, and the damage is sufficient imo.