Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Sex

I honestly never could get into Bad Company but Battlefield 2 was always one of my favorite games and I couldn't be more excited for Battlefield 3. I love the CoD games but I honestly can't even compare them to BF.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    So basically cod is for baddies who cant aim a gun? No wonder the younger players flock to it
    No battlefield is for baddies who can't aim and spray to get their kills. Games like quake 3/4, ut2k4 which have guns that actually hit where you aim are great. Where as battlefields aim is shit, we play games for fun, not for realism. Why do you think there are next to no big leagues for battlefield, surely if it's as good as all the fanboys claim it should be?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Solidmage View Post
    No battlefield is for baddies who can't aim and spray to get their kills. Games like quake 3/4, ut2k4 which have guns that actually hit where you aim are great. Where as battlefields aim is shit, we play games for fun, not for realism. Why do you think there are next to no big leagues for battlefield, surely if it's as good as all the fanboys claim it should be?
    No big leagues because Battlefield is not a tournament game. Also if you can't shoot in Battlefield, you just suck at playing battlefield.

Ironic you talk about spraying, thats what 90% of CoD is about since modern warfare.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    I don't know how it will work out when the game comes out but I see major improvements in the frostbite engine in this video.
    As opposed to the CoD games, the Battlefield games actually change and improve.

I'm really looking forward to this game, and me looking forward to something is rare. I really like Bad Company 2, but I do get annoyed some times at some problems the engine has and the game in general, and I hope for them all to be remedied in this next game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Battlefield will never have more players than Cod, cod is a more smooth game with no stupid ammounts of recoil, bullets tend to hit where you aim (with the exception of black ops). Everyone every year says battlefield will be better than cod, it never is, and never will be.
    Sorry to rain on your parade but Battlefield has, and will always have more playerbase than COD. Why? Simply because its been around longer and they keep making, what battlefield 3 trailer is showing. top notch first person shooter games.
    i'm not saying COD is bad and all. i do love the game, but Battlefield gives me the feeling of Real war, instead of COD which is kinda like CS, running around killing people, seeing how many you can own in one map.

Deleted
    I see you're a hater, and how your judgement is clouded by this hating.

There is no big leagues for Battlefield because it's not for 1-man competitions. It's about the team, it's about coordination, teamwork, supporting each other and fullfilling your class role to the max.
    There is no such thing in CoD, Quake or Unreal Tournament. All of those games are just held for deathmatches where the amoutn of teamwork that Battlefield has isn't required.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosh View Post
    Sorry to rain on your parade but Battlefield has, and will always have more playerbase than COD. Why? Simply because its been around longer and they keep making, what battlefield 3 trailer is showing. top notch first person shooter games.
    i'm not saying COD is bad and all. i do love the game, but Battlefield gives me the feeling of Real war, instead of COD which is kinda like CS, running around killing people, seeing how many you can own in one map.

I agree on part, that Battlefield is evolving each game, and i will give it a go before MW3 comes out, but saying it has a bigger fan base because it's been out longer is utter crap, for example the Halo franchise has been out longer than both Battlefield and CoD yet compare the Halo playerbase and the Battlefield playerbase compared to CoD's current playerbase and i bet it won't even match it, so saying it has a playerbase because its been out for a while is nonsense because if they kept making them and it got worse and worse then it wouldn't have a playerbase at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    Always funny when the BF fanboi's start hating on CoD. I'm almost 30, and I much prefer the CoD franchise (well, except Black Ops, I still prefer MW1/2).
    I liked the older call of dutys much more then anything they have come out lately.
    But i have always preferred battlefield over call of duty because i enjoy large maps, and teamwork.

The last enjoyable thing they did that i liked was nazi zombies. But the custom zombie mode in call of duty 2 was superior.
    Last edited by georgevonfranken; 2011-03-17 at 10:20 PM.

I liked the older call of dutys much more then anything they have come out lately.
    But i have always preferred battlefield over call of duty because i enjoy large maps, and teamwork.

The last enjoyable thing they did that i liked was nazi zombies. But the custom zombie mode in call of duty 2 was superior.
    CoD4, the first Modern Warfare, was definitely best imo. That was the pinnacle of CoD. MW2 was an extremely close second, but there are some perks and some other things introduced that I wasn't always happy about.

Anything that Treyarch touches is shit. I hate them as a developer, they make awful games. Black Ops is utter garbage, WaW wasn't as bad but it was still a long way off from CoD4. They can't make a decent game if they tried. Nazi zombies is sorta cool, but it gets old fast. I'd rather play L4D2.

To those that say CoD doesn't require teamwork, in part you are right, you can one man army a lot of games like some sort of Rambo character (and this is probably part of the appeal). But there there are times I've worked with friends to get some awesome results.

I've played various Battlefields over the years, but the larger open maps seemed to create a very sniper/camper heavy game, Call of Duty did a lot to counter that (radar, kill cam) which is why I ended up playing it. I am not really a sniper kinda guy, I like to kick the door down and storm the room like a SWAT team.

---------- Post added 2011-03-17 at 11:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rosh View Post
    Battlefield gives me the feeling of Real war
    I remember playing the first Ghost Recon on the original Xbox, when Xbox Live first launched. Being the last guy alive on your team and there is at least one enemy left, and you are creeping around the map looking at every little pixel wondering if it just moved? Did it? DID IT MOVE? No its the wind... Keep looking... slowly.

I used to get the most incredible cramps between my shoulder blades from the tension

---------- Post added 2011-03-17 at 11:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by The Wizards Hat View Post
    As opposed to the CoD games, the Battlefield games actually change and improve.
    Until the fall of Infinity Ward I think it's fair to say that CoD was getting progressively better. MW2 was meant for mass appeal (which it had, more than any other shooter before it) so it wasn't quite as great as MW1, but WaW and B.Ops. were awful, and I have no doubt that the upcoming MW3 will be a disaster.

Kick down a door? Who uses those just blow a hole in the wall :P.
    I like that in battlefield you have to use cover to progress up a map iv had tons of fun with friends just advancing on sniper positions.

Kick down a door? Who uses those just blow a hole in the wall :P.
    I like that in battlefield you have to use cover to progress up a map iv had tons of fun with friends just advancing on sniper positions.
    I've yet to see a game implement good destructible environments. It always seems a bit gimmicky or lacklustre when someone does do it.

And what you like about BF is what I hate: snipers own the map. You spend half your game time worming your way around to him, only to find someone else sniped him or got there first, sniper respawns somewhere else, takes up a position, repeat. It's just not fun in my book to do that.

I just wanna kill people

Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    I've yet to see a game implement good destructible environments. It always seems a bit gimmicky or lacklustre when someone does do it.
    I feel it was done pretty good except for when a building doesnt fall apart because it has 1 wall standing and also the crumbled piles of buildings were always the same and having a spot in it for people to hide.

In Battlefield i feel like im a piece of a large puzzle, Call of Duty i dont have that feeling at all

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wizards Hat View Post
    I see you're a hater, and how your judgement is clouded by this hating.

There is no big leagues for Battlefield because it's not for 1-man competitions. It's about the team, it's about coordination, teamwork, supporting each other and fullfilling your class role to the max.
    There is no such thing in CoD, Quake or Unreal Tournament. All of those games are just held for deathmatches where the amoutn of teamwork that Battlefield has isn't required.
    I'm not a hater though, i own every single battlefield that has ever come out, including the expansions such as secret weapons. I can mess about it in but i cannot play the game for long, i don't know why people keep assuming im bad at it, i tend to come first in every game. The game just isn't for me and i don't like anything about the multiplayer. Vehicles, big maps, inaccurate guns (i can aim, i just don't like the way i have to aim in battlefield). As i said i don't play games for the realism, i play them for a challenge.

And i don't play Cod for leagues, i play it for fun. I'm a massive fps game fan and i just cannot get the 'thrills' out of battlefield as i can from other fps games. Kudos to anyone that prefers battlefield but 70% of the people that say it looks awesome and they'll play it over other games won't when it comes to the multiplayer gameplay. Just like every other battlefield.

And i don't play Cod for leagues, i play it for fun. I'm a massive fps game fan and i just cannot get the 'thrills' out of battlefield as i can from other fps games. Kudos to anyone that prefers battlefield but 70% of the people that say it looks awesome and they'll play it over other games won't when it comes to the multiplayer gameplay. Just like every other battlefield.
    This is a better way of describing the situation... except infinity ward are gone, so the Online FPS crown is up for grabs imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    I completely agree that both games are completely different and ultimately serve different kinds of player. Im not saying CoD its terrible, i dont doubt some players prefer it, its more of lone wolf experience, and great for gamers egos to get that 40-0.

The problem for me is the CoD players that criticize BC2 for the wrong reasons. I mean yeah snipers can be a pain, but in BC2 if you run in open field dont expect that spamming jump will save you from a skilled sniper, or not covering from a tank when you are an assault marine or medic. Yes the game will punish you but if you play like it was meant, using covers, playing has a team instead of trying to be Chuck Norris, you will be rewarded with some of the most intense combat ever simulated on a games machine.

Deleted
    I'm glad there is less swearing in this one it was a bit over the top in the first trailer. Hopefully the single player is good and I am also hoping they sort out the issues with jets being horribly overpowered and having basically no counters bar another good jet pilot like in battlefield 2.

I am not sure why bad company 2 is referenced so much by people when this is the 3rd game in the battlefield series and has nothing to do with the 2 spin offs which are supposed to be tongue in cheek, at least in single player anyway.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Whilst I was never really a fan of Bad Company 2 I was a massive, MASSIVE fan of Battlefield:2142.

In my experience, the BF games are designed in a way that encourages teamwork not only in a small squad based way, but also how those squads fit into the larger scheme of the war.

I still recall how many times myself and some friends would form a squad in 2142 whilst another would assume the Commander role.

The Commander would issue orders for specific squads to move to locations and either capture or defend and oversee the battlefield in general whilst the squads on the ground would work together to take care of enemy threats. A huge tank camping a silo? No problems one team mate would go draw the tanks attention one way while I ran up behind it, planted some RDX and blew it sky high.

For me at least, the BF games have always inspired a sense of being a part of a team, something I don't get from other shooters designed around TDM.

With that being said, I have clocked several hours in CoD4 and a slightly less number in CoD4.2, they were fun however I always felt like a lone soldier with no objective and after a while I simply felt like a mindless zombie. They were still good games!

In any case onto the trailer...
    If the animation quality of character models in multiplayer is the same as the quality of the scripted NPC's I will be absolutely blown away.

PS. 'Titan' game mode beats everything.

Deleted
    Looks amazing, definitely gonna look at getting this one

Am I the only one who noticed that the video said "ACTUAL GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE BASED ON PRE-ALPHA SOFTWARE"?...

Deleted
    BF2 was simply a very very cool game, cant wait to play this one