10+ Year Old Account

Question Need some feral help.

My guild has just started attempting heroic Maloriak. Being a feral dps druid, I'm very aware AoE is not my specialty, so during the black phase I find myself really lacking in dps while trying to move out of the black slime while trying to rake/magle each target. That is of course after I use berserk and spam swipe. I find it next to impossible to move, stay in range, get DoT's/mangle up and use shred if even possible. I'm starting to lean toward not using shred just for the fact with all the AoE on the ground and me moving everywhere if I'm even behind the slime.

My question;; Does anyone have any suggesting on attacking these smiles and doing max dps?

15+ Year Old Account
    hmm i didnt know heroric maloriak had a black phase :P
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

15+ Year Old Account
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbDqU...eature=related

its old but all i did was type in feral aoe and alot of vids popped up hope this helps

10+ Year Old Account
    Dear friend, i would just use your berserk/tigers fury and mangle/rake each one and then pick one and start burning it. thats my experience. not on heroic but yeah, you get teh idea, roll your dots then pick one and burn

I have done this fight serveral times and its pretty rough for us. There is a few things I have done to make it easier.
    1. I switch glyph of Tigers Fury for glyph of Berserk.
    2. I Bersker right at the start of the fight. There will be time to finish the extended one before to many adds are out (giving time for the add tank to pick them up.
    3. I Mangle/Rake/Rip each add starting with the add the tank has marked as the kill target.
    4. I reforged to get as close to the hit cap as possible only reforging Crit or Haste. Trying to get a Mangle up on each target and having it miss 3 times in a row sucks. Because you have to be in front a lot getting parried will already be enough of an issue.
    5. I save my second and third Berserk for the green add phase. Right before the phase starts I make sure T11 4p bonus is refreshed, I feral charge the add pack. I hit ravage and 2 swipes, then hit TF and berserk and shred the crap out of what's left.

Because the black adds take so long to kill blowing Berserk on them will leave you energy starved for a good while. This is further compounded by how often we have to move out of melee range and how bad our target switching is. The green adds on the other hand have to die VERY quickly and your energy should be running out around them being almost dead. On top of that your damage is being buffed for the duration of the slime which will give your berserk far more milage. Hope that helps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Appreciate the help guys.

Deleted
    If you can, convince your raid leader to let you interupt instead and go for that job on maloriak. You'll have to reforge and gem a bit to hit though, until the next patch you can miss skull bash.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rake them when they are at their highest hp and will benefit from the full duration, if beserk is up swipe spam will give the most dps for that time, but otherwise rake/mangle/rip is the best you can do, and actually gives some decent results with a bit of luck.

Stand behind the swills and follow them, don't be in front, you'll find you wont need to move out of range too often
    Last edited by Suphix; 2011-03-20 at 01:46 PM.

In our runs it usually goes like this. I stay on this boss for first lot of adds,meaning Im on interupts along with the tank. This frees up whoever is on interupt duty to aoe down the adds. Lets face it, its probably going to be higher output for a lot less effort than ferals will do.

However for 2nd set of adds, I have my berserk ready and spam away on adds while making sure I keep enough energy for 2 interupts on boss(keeping boss away from adds, but within SB range.

Not saying its the best way, just an alternative that works for us. Best of luck with whichever way you decide to go with.