Deleted

Happy Saint Patrick's Day!

Would just like to say Happy Saint Patrick's Day to all of you here at MMO-Champ! Have a great night!!

Deleted
    Saint Patrick's day is Irish, right?
    *glug*
    helsh yesh!

Deleted
    Irish indeed! And everyone is Irish tonight! Drink up me hearties!

10+ Year Old Account
    I for one shall be enjoying it with my replica Tankard o' Terror Stein!
    Pick battles big enough to matter, small enough to win.

Hic! lol I already started drinking early today mates! (around 2-4am) and i might do so again tonight! am i doing it wrong? xD Gots to celebrate that part Irish in me ^_^!

Deleted
    you are doing great ionedrifter! drink drink drink!

Deleted
    No idea why the Irish celebrate a saints day by getting completely drunk. Then again, who ever understood the Irish...?

Quote Originally Posted by The Wizards Hat View Post
    No idea why the Irish celebrate a saints day by getting completely drunk. Then again, who ever understood the Irish...?
    It's pretty hard to understand drunken gibberish, but I sure Patrick would be proud!

Deleted
    You don't get drunk when it's Christmas?

Saint Patrick's day? so that' swhy everyone was wearing green.

and pinching me. thought they I was being chased by evil leprechauns, but this makes so much more sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

15+ Year Old Account
    Erin go bragh...less!!!

We don't... we go to church for early Mass, Have lunch and spend the afternoon with the family, The men sometimes have 1-2 beers. The drunkenness is an american invention. The true Irish are embarrassed buy the blatant abuse of a saint to promote drunkenness.

Well, the problem is almost every way people celebrate St. Patrick's day is inherintly full of racial stereotypes. Look at me! I'm Irish and I'm wearing green while drinking Guiness and Whiskey till I puke!

That would pretty much be like me celebrating MLK day by saying, "Look at me, I'm Black! I'm going to wear FUBU and eat watermelon and purple drank!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obixcx View Post
    We don't... we go to church for early Mass, Have lunch and spend the afternoon with the family, The men sometimes have 1-2 beers. The drunkenness is an american invention. The true Irish are embarrassed buy the blatant abuse of a saint to promote drunkenness.
    To be fair, more than half of the Americans celebrating in this fashion have zero ties to Ireland. It's just an excuse to party. And of the ones who are of Irish descent, many are of families so far removed from Ireland that their surname is about the only connection they have left.

I mean, people think corned beef and cabbage is an Irish meal. LOL True, it's an Irish-American tradition (adopted from Jewish Americans), but it's in no way Irish.

We celebrate Cinco de Mayo in America too. If you asked 100 people partying that day what the holiday was about, 99 wouldn't have a single clue. We may as well have a holiday called "Drunk in April." At least it would be accurately named.