Thread: 2 disc raiding

2 disc raiding

Just wanted a few opinions on this. Tonight we were short healers for a 10 man BoT run. Mind you we havent raided much and are still learning the fights and our gear isnt up to par to carry anyone by any means.

We usually run pally/disc priest/resto sham..sham isnt on and they dont want to try to pug and want to take guildmate instead (new to guild and have never seen any of the fights).
    So new we are running pally/disc priest and NEW disc priest. My question is...would you take that comp?...I complained as the disc priest who has been going and was told "we will take what we get"

Would you spend your 3 or so hours trying this, is this even possible? I have no clue how good the new priest is and we have no holy spec's. Am I justified in not wanting to go or should I try this and see?

The fights really aren't that hard, I can't see the compositions of your healers being the reason for failure.

If your guild as a whole is terrible, then that's a different story.

Viable? Sure. Ideal? No.
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    improvise and re-spec holy, wouldn't take a genius to figure that one out...

2 Disc is definately less viable than 1 of them going holy.. even if they have no idea to heal as holy.

I see no reason why it isn't viable. 2 Barriers, 2 Divine Hymns, 2 Hymn of Hopes. Should make bubble spam viable too, since you don't have to bubble as many people.

There is nothing to say that this healer comp "won't" succeed. However, if you want a far easier time doing Cho'Gall I would recommend swapping out one of the discs for an rdruid or an hpriest. From my personal experience, the strong AoE heals hpriests bring to the table have been key in our Cho'Gall kills (my guild 2-heals it, rsham sitting at about 9.5k hps and the hpriest at 13.1k). The same applies for Halfus if you happen to get shadow nova and/or fireball drakes. Elementium Monstrosity falls along the same lines for massive aoe damage so the more the hpriests the merrier I say .

Edit: You still get Divine/of Hope Hymns so you don't miss out on that end. Plus you get to mini-sprint people out of bad stuff if there's an oh-@&$! situation as holy, always a plus imo.
    Last edited by eatedcookie; 2011-03-18 at 02:06 AM.
    primum non nocere

Thanks for the advice..all you can do is try. We just dont have the experiance..Cho"gall, whos that? See my point? And not everyone enjoys playing holy. Guess we will see what happens ) thks gang!

Quote Originally Posted by sprcrp View Post
    Thanks for the advice..all you can do is try. We just dont have the experiance..Cho"gall, whos that? See my point? And not everyone enjoys playing holy. Guess we will see what happens ) thks gang!
    I don't like to play disc so it evens out :P. The only fights I have seen double disc (aka I'm forced to go disc on) is H Maloriak and H Chimaeron.

At least for BoT, there is no need for double disc.

Yeah I would have one go Holy. With 2 Disc you run into the annoying "You bubbled my guy when I needed to bubble at the right time bubbleragequit." With a Holy and a Disc you will have one using bubbles and the other helping raid heals. I had no idea how to Holy but needed to do it for a fight for my guild and did a quick respec out of Disc and reglyph and spent 2min Chakra reading and was good to go.