If you've worked\work in Fast Food, click here

Heyas!

If you have ever worked in fast food, or currently working in, what is that one topping or meat (whatever you worked with) you just WON'T EAT?

For me? I work in a pizza kitchen. I will not eat the sausage. It's absolutely disgusting. The things i've pulled out of it, my stomach turns just thinking of it. 4-5 inch long tissue parts (I think its tissue, its hard, pink, and slimy), and huge chunks of fat.

Did I mention the texture? Good god....

I used to work in a Sbarro in a local mall where I live, and in FL it is illegal to smoke in buildings let alone a kitchen, so yeah. Because I know they smoke back there I just wont eat the food they sell.

And no, they do not wear gloves when preparing food, or serving it, let alone wash their hands.
    Last edited by animeguru08; 2011-03-18 at 05:12 AM.

yea thats everywhere, no gloves.

I worked at Cottage Inn, and I doubt I'm gonna eat their chicken bites again. I tried them once and just was not a huge fan. To be honest, the toppings are pretty damn fresh there and I wouldn't have trouble eating most of what I make (again, with the exception being frozen chicken bites that are heated up in an oven, boxed, and served).
    I run a satire / humor blog site very The Onion-esque. It's like taking trolling to another level.

www.spinatlantic.com

Quote Originally Posted by DrFeelGood View Post
    yea thats everywhere, no gloves.
    I always wore gloves and there was one other server working with me once and he had a wart on his hand, and tried to serve someone and she asked if I would get her something else because of his wart/no gloves.

Deleted
    I think its tissue, its hard, pink, and slimy), and huge chunks of fat.
    OMG.. what the fuck m8 -.- that destroyed my meal.

Quote Originally Posted by Polltergeist View Post
    OMG.. what the fuck m8 -.- that destroyed my meal.
    I'm serious.... ROFL

---------- Post added 2011-03-18 at 05:22 AM ----------

I dunno if it's just the kitchen I work at, but it's incredibly gross with bugs. I shit you not, there are at least 50 roaches infested in the table. And then under the table, inside the electrical units (where you plug cords in), theres a ton in there too. They crawl in the little holes where you plug the cord in. Lift that up and drop it, I dare you.

I worked at Brusters at the Mall of Georgia for about a year. Never again shall I eat ice cream from there. God knows how many short and curlies I've pulled out of the ice cream while hoping the customer thought it was just stringy caramel...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura
    So 10 posts and no definitive answer...

TO ELITEST JERKS!
    Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    People really will find anything to complain about. Too bad I don't care because I quit the game because they made the hunter class color lime green and I think it would be SO much better had it been a grass-colored green.

I worked at a fast food place when I was 16. I still can't eat french fries. The things you learn, be it the way food is stored to how fucking dumb some of the people that handle food people eat really are...it's amazing how effective stomach acid is.

I worked at Mcdonalds for 2 years. Honestly though.... I ate everything from there. Only thing I didn't really like was the fish but it wasn't hate at all.

Edit: Also want to mention that everyone who worked with the food always kept quite clean so that was fine with me.

I work at a pizza place too and its quite clean actually. Everyone making food that doesn't go though the oven wears gloves and if it does go through the oven the owner says you don't have to if you don't want because the 500 degree ovens will kill anything that might get on the food. Though some still wear them anyways.

Will agree on not eating the sausage though, and the beef, never found anything bad in it ever, just looks and smells so bad.

I worked at a white castle in Columbus Ohio, I will not eat the chicken rings, for the sole fact the packaging they come in is so flimsy. You have no idea how many were cooked that weren't in the bags that they came in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Working as a manager at both Wendy's and DQ when I was younger, I can say, it's all in how the places are run. Having an eye for it helps you decide if the restaurants you patron are dives or not.

I notice that franchises tended to be dirtier, because the restaurant is just one person's (or a few people's) money. They see something go to waste, it's a few dollars out of their pocket. The Wendy's I worked for was corporate (meaning owned by Wendy's and it's shareholders). It was much easier to run a clean restaurant because corporate didn't care if it costed more to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevegasm View Post
    Working as a manager at both Wendy's and DQ when I was younger, I can say, it's all in how the places are run. Having an eye for it helps you decide if the restaurants you patron are dives or not.

I notice that franchises tended to be dirtier, because the restaurant is just one person's (or a few people's) money. They see something go to waste, it's a few dollars out of their pocket. The Wendy's I worked for was corporate (meaning owned by Wendy's and it's shareholders). It was much easier to run a clean restaurant because corporate didn't care if it costed more to do so.
    My Mcdonalds was actually owned by a single guy though and he also did make sure to keep food making part pretty clean though. Although, they ARE extremely stingy about everything costing this and that. Customers have to come to us and ask for napkins if they want any. Pain in the ass for everyone, especially people working there.

fish. fucking fish. listen guys in all honesty. when buying precut/skinned "fresh" fish do the following. lay the fish on a backlighted glass slate, it should be mostly transparent, look for worms. yes, worms. its fukn ridiculous the amount of worms there are in grocery store fish. serious health hazard. also beware of any place that serves chilly. these get made in huge batches and frozen or refrigerated. when frozen there is no way of telling the age if it was not labelled.

u need to be able to trust the places you eat at. if you are really fussy ask to meet the chef, say ur a personal friend and he told u to come through (most restaurants dnt mind if its not busy) and have a look at the kitchen for yourself.