Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Build 13750 Strings and Weekly Daily Quest Reset, March 16 Hotfixes, Blue Posts

PTR 4.1 Build 13750 Strings - Weekly Daily Quest Reset
    A couple of nice strings have been added to the client, I'll emphasize on the first one because I'm sure a lot of people will be happy with the change...
    Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    • LFD_RANDOM_REWARD_EXPLANATION1 = "The first seven random dungeons of this tier that you complete each week will earn you:";

Apparently, Blizzard is going to change the daily dungeon quest to a 7 daily quests/week cap instead of 1 quest/day. Obviously this change will make the life of players considerably easier, especially for those of you who have a lot of rerolls or only play on week ends. Of course, nothing confirmed yet, etc etc etc ...

The other changes are:
    Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    Random Dungeons
    • INCLUDED_DUNGEONS = "Included Dungeons";
    • INCLUDED_DUNGEONS_SUBTEXT = "The following dungeons are included in your level range when queueing for a Random Dungeon:";

Interface
    • BUFFS_ON_TOP = "Buffs On Top";

Graphics
    • GXAPI = "Graphics API|TInterface\\OptionsFrame\\UI-OptionsFrame-NewFeatureIcon:0:0:0:-1|t";
    • GXAPI_D3D11 = "DirectX 11";
    • GXAPI_D3D9 = "DirectX 9";
    • GXAPI_GLL = "GLL";
    • GXAPI_OPENGL = "OpenGL";
    • OPTION_TOOLTIP_GXAPI = "Select the graphics API.";

Network (Including the lag optimization deployed in 4.0.6 and disabled shortly after)
    • OPTIMIZE_NETWORK_SPEED = "Optimize Network for Speed";
    • OPTION_TOOLTIP_OPTIMIZE_NETWORK_SPEED = "Enable this option to optimize network usage for speed in order to decrease lag.\nThis will increase your bandwidth usage, and may cause problems in some environments. Disabling this option may help resolve certain disconnection issues.";
    • OPTION_TOOLTIP_USEIPV6 = "Enables the use of IPv6, the technology behind the next-generation Internet.\nRequires IPv6 connectivity to the internet. Checking this box without IPv6 connectivity may prevent you from playing WoW.";
    • USEIPV6 = "Enable IPv6 when available";

Patch 4.0.6 Hotfixes - March 16
    A new wave of hotfixes has been deployed on live servers. (Well, that's actually an update of the past 2 weeks apparently)
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    March 2 - March 16

General
    • Using macros no longer halts or delays transports.

Classes
    Priest (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)
    • Casting Holy Word: Chastise against bosses will cause damage, but no longer disorient them when they are immune to such effects.

Dungeons & Raids
    Bastion of Twilight
    • Valiona and Theralion overall damage and health has been reduced by roughly 10% on Heroic difficulty. In addition, Twilight Zone no longer increases damage taken from Rift Blast.

Blackwing Descent
    • Atramedes will no longer sometimes snap back to his starting location as he finishes casting Sonic Breath.
    • Magmaw overall damage and health was a little too high on all difficulties and has been reduced slightly. In addition, on Heroic difficulty, Nefarian will now prefer ranged targets when spawning Blazing Bone Constructs.
    • Maloriak’s Scorching Breath should no longer incorrectly share its damage among pets. To offset what would be increased damage per player as a result of this fix, the damage dealt by the ability has been reduced on Heroic difficulty.
    • Players will move at the same speed, even when setting their normal speed to "walk" using the keybind, when Nefarian casts Dominion.
    • The Omnotron Defense System encounter has had its health reduced by 15% on Heroic difficulty, and the damage of Incineration Security Measure has been reduced.

Items
    • The Sands of Time is now a blue superior-quality item. This item can still be used to craft Vial of the Sands when combined with other required materials. The vendor price is unchanged.
    • Players are no longer able to activate Synapse Springs in conjunction with Fury of Angerforge, or vice versa, with or without a macro.

Professions
    Engineering
    • Flexweave Underlay, Parachute Cloak, and various rocket boot effects can no longer be used in rated Battlegrounds.
    • Players are no longer able to activate Synapse Springs in conjunction with Fury of Angerforge, or vice versa, with or without a macro.

PvP
    Battlegrounds
    • Players can no longer carry enemy flags while on the elevated graveyard in Twin Peaks. An aura will cause the flag to reset as intended if taken to the graveyard via Demonic Circle or Leap of Faith.

Quests & Creatures
    Feralas
    • Shandris Feathermoon can no longer be pulled too far from her default location before resetting (i.e. she won’t be waging war from the Orgrimmar Auction House anymore).

Uldum
    • The Beserking buff obtained by killing Schnottz Supply Choppers will now be removed when a player leaves Uldum.

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Optional Bosses/Heroic Halls of Origination
    We'll need to weigh the value of optional dungeon and raid bosses further before we make any changes. There's good arguments on both sides. On the one hand, optional bosses can be great for keeping dungeons and raids from feeling too linear or formulaic -- and, when done right, they can also give groups a meaningful choice between getting extra loot and completing a run faster. On the other, optional bosses can sometimes create social tension, especially in Dungeon Finder groups, if players disagree whether they should invest the time to fight them.

We know there’s room for improvement, though. For example, we understand that it's probably not the best idea to have optional bosses dropping loot that's BiS. Giving those bosses side-grades (rather than strict upgrades) or similar items could make the "extra loot" vs. "quicker run" decision less stressful. We also feel that optional bosses in general might work better in raids than in dungeons because raids tend to be made up of players who know each other and/or have a strong leader who's empowered to make calls about which bosses to kill.

Heroic Halls of Origination is a good example of where optional bosses can cause conflicts. In retrospect, we feel that it may have been better to require players to kill all four of the "top" bosses -- Isiset, Ammunae, Setesh, and Rajh -- to get credit for their random Heroic dungeon rewards (instead of just Rajh). While we don't yet know if retrofitting the dungeon or the random dungeon reward requirements is the best course of action, we've learned a lot from watching groups, reading your feedback, and just playing ourselves. We’re definitely keeping those lessons in mind as we develop future content and if we do make any changes, we'll be sure to let you know. (Source)
    Last edited by Boubouille; 2011-03-17 at 02:29 AM.

Deleted
    We shall miss you in Orgrimmar Shandris :<

blizzard hates engineering

3 nerfs and a buff and a half(didn't they already fix the walking exploit?), not too bad feels a bit aimed at 10man more then 25man.
    sands change i don't get why.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    3 nerfs and a buff and a half(didn't they already fix the walking exploit?), not too bad feels a bit aimed at 10man more then 25man.
    Notice the announcement says Hotfixes 2March - 16March. ITs probably just a compiled list of all the hotfixes made recently that have been otherwise undocumented.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dislike the engineering nerf

Please blizzard! No more daily heroics! Please!

I was wonder where is that Eng nerf in PVP.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you Blizzard, i can now focus one day in the week on completing all 7 heroics giving me 490 valorpoints.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wonderful change. Can get all the VP in one day and not have to bother for the rest of the week

Quote Originally Posted by rewn View Post
    Notice the announcement says Hotfixes 2March - 16March. ITs probably just a compiled list of all the hotfixes made recently that have been otherwise undocumented.
    true, that seems the case now that i think about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by toychristopher View Post
    Please blizzard! No more daily heroics! Please!
    Its not more daily heroics. Its basically just saying "ok instead of getting valor from the first heroic you complete each day, you'll now get your valor from the first 7 random heroics you do each WEEK. A good change I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by rewn View Post
    We shall miss you in Orgrimmar Shandris :<
    RIP Shandris XD

It will be interesting to see how the ´daily heroic' works when we have ZA and ZG. I remember there were a lot of times in WOTLK after the LK 5mans were introduced that a lot of tanks would queue, and then drop group if HOR or POS came up. (especially HOR). It looks almost like they are going to ´force´us to do only ZA and ZG in order to get valor??

I like the 7 per week rather than 1 per day. I never get to play on weekends.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    IPv6 finally!! Best addition ever! I get a more stable connection which is not even close as full and oversaturated as the normal ipv4 connections are! GJ

If that heroic daily change goes through, that would be great. It's basically just a more flexible version of getting 490 VP a week. In other words, it doesn't affect people who play every day, but only want to run 1 heroic a day and it helps out those who don't get to play every day just a little bit.

Only bad part I can find about the weekly heroics is that if you don't get yours in on Tuesday or Wednesday, you will probably have to sit in a super long queue.

The daily heroics adjustment offers those with a more limited playtime to condense it instead of missing out.
    The same amount of time can be put into it, just as you see fit not being forced to split it up.
    Many people have jobs which will restrict their free time at specific times of the week, so being able to earn a weeks worth potentially in one or more free days is a huge improvement.

Having "optional" bosses in a dungeon only causes problems this has been the case since day one they added random dungeon finder. I don't understand the reason even having anything optional in the dungeons. Since it varies a lot depending on the dungeon. Of course you're going to have some overgeared tank that says "screw it" and there is nothing the rest of the group can do about it. At the end of the day it's the tank that make the call. That is not how it's suppose to be.

As a dps you're still stuck in the queue for 30+ min before even getting a group. How about blizzard actually stepping up and fixing the dungeons in cataclysm. In wotlk the queue time for a dps was around 5-15 min. That is okay. Having to wait 30+ min for a group in cataclysm and it being a high chance of failure just isn't right. Especially when you consider that deadmines is the new occulus when it comes to tank leaving when entering.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think the weekly valor in a day will be problematic if you can't play Tuesday or Wednesday. While its a great option for weekend-only players, I know many people who can't play enough to sit through 7 heroics, then try to make a raid/etc. So while sure you might do 2 or 3 on your main instead of 1, I doubt 90% of the community will be doing 7 heroic marathons. Also, my guild uses heroics to help max exp daily, so it would make more sense for us to space it out. Perhaps instead of 1 heroic on your main/alts each day, you knock out each char in a day or 2 day period. Overall, a very nice change if you happen to be busy one day and can't get on.