Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangerfield View Post
    I just loaded my armoury to rawr and after having configured various settings it is telling me that on a fight like HM chim I should be pulling 20k - 21k dps.

Currently I am only pulling 17-18k dps on this fight (and many similar fights that require not much movement/ no adds). That is a loss of 2k-3k. I don't understand what I am doing wrong apart from maybe getting a gimped combustion and thats not going to equal a loss of 3k dps.

Here is my chim log .worldoflogs.com/reports/eobts9gmlu3ust8o/sum/damageDone/?s=9856&e=10255
    Here is my Armory us.battle.net/wow/en/character/thaurissan/coppas/simple

Any advice on play style or gearing would be aweesomee i do not enjoy rawr telling me I am bad.

(also should i be LB both valiona and theralion at all times? always wondered)
    Thanks
    Rawr tells you your optimal dps in a perfect sit and nuke situation, being below it on every single fight, is not something to be surprised about, also being above it on some fights is nothing to put your shocked face on for either, multiple fights in the current raiding tier involve AOE, and whats better for meter padding than aoe, amirite?

Also, for any multi target fight, maximum number of bombs should be placed, this includes VnT, Halfus, Ascend council, and Cho'gall. Heroic maloriak black swills should also, obviously, have bombs rolling on them the entire time, but I'm not sure how far your guild is progressing into content so I dunno if you have to worry about heroics yet.

Fights to not multi-dot/aoe:

-- Nefarian, VERY bad idea to try to dot the adds, you will more than likely be scolded by your tank, If you can, double bomb ony/nef, and maybe keep a bomb on your chromatic add during p2

-- Maloriak: Until the aoe phase, the adds take significantly less damage, making the GCDs to put bomb on the adds a large waste of dps

-- Omnitron Defense Council: Unless the shields are down, multidotting the golems can easily cause unnecessary raid damage. Once the shields have deactivated, multibombing wins.
    Last edited by Illunis; 2011-03-22 at 07:23 AM.

(also should i be LB both valiona and theralion at all times? always wondered)
    Thanks
    If you check at the [engulfing magic] spell you will see that when you get it, you inflict damage to all your nearby allies EQUAL to the damage or healing you do. So it is wiser not to DoT valiona when theralion is down in order to avoid killing your raid, unless you are so fast to blink away from the raid. When valiona is down you can DoT Theralion of course and it won't hurt anyone if your tank is fast in taunting him

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armony View Post
    If you check at the [engulfing magic] spell you will see that when you get it, you inflict damage to all your nearby allies EQUAL to the damage or healing you do. So it is wiser not to DoT valiona when theralion is down in order to avoid killing your raid, unless you are so fast to blink away from the raid. When valiona is down you can DoT Theralion of course and it won't hurt anyone if your tank is fast in taunting him
    One more dot ticking is not going to wipe you because of crazy engulfing magic damage in the second or two it takes you to get away from your raid.

Deleted
    Rawr tell me that I can do 23k. I never get anywhere near this.

Quote Originally Posted by wg15 View Post
    In Hardmode you have to dot both because of nearly double amount of health and Enrage. Good reactions for the win.
    I was talking about normal mode only.
    In hard mode you are supposed to be spread as ranged unless you got the meteor and run to melees. So yes you have to keep DoTs on Valiona at this point..

---------- Post added 2011-03-22 at 04:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness81 View Post
    One more dot ticking is not going to wipe you because of crazy engulfing magic damage in the second or two it takes you to get away from your raid.
    yes you are right, but why should you risk it when it is just a normal mode and the dps is more than enough?
    Also there are 2 people that are going to be hit by engulfing magic so what about both of them keep dots on valiona and theralion?
    Anyway we are mages, and blinking takes us.. a second. But generally classes like locks or Spriests or boomkins are not allowed to keep DoTing Valiona while Theralion is down cause they are simply slower than we are and can wipe the raid easily

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok but say for example we look at world of logs, Mage pulling 21k dps

.worldoflogs.com/reports/o7be9wjo05gybw0m/sum/damageDone/?s=5550&e=5922

He got hit by 28 Caustic slime, I got hit by 25 in the log i posted. His gear is maybe 1 ilvls higher than mine. Yet he is pulling 3k more Dps. Now he may of had a really good fight but i still shouldn't be that far behind someone who is at the same Gear level as me. Ive compared the logs and I can't really figure out what he is doing to get that extra 3k. Apart from having a 7% greater up time on LB.
    he may be in almost the same item lvl but that doesnt mean hes wearing the same gear as you, he stats could be very diff then urs, just becoz a mage is able to pull that much doesnt mean anything about how much u should be pulling, item lvl isnt a good measure of how alike u are

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armony View Post
    I was talking about normal mode only.
    In hard mode you are supposed to be spread as ranged unless you got the meteor and run to melees. So yes you have to keep DoTs on Valiona at this point..

---------- Post added 2011-03-22 at 04:34 PM ----------

yes you are right, but why should you risk it when it is just a normal mode and the dps is more than enough?
    Also there are 2 people that are going to be hit by engulfing magic so what about both of them keep dots on valiona and theralion?
    Anyway we are mages, and blinking takes us.. a second. But generally classes like locks or Spriests or boomkins are not allowed to keep DoTing Valiona while Theralion is down cause they are simply slower than we are and can wipe the raid easily
    Correct, in hard mode you'd be spread out already.

I don't really see what the risk is on normal mode. Yes, having more dots up is going to cause more damage, but using your same logic its only normal mode so the damage isn't that bad. If your healers are having problems, then clearly you don't need to make it harder by multi-dotting, but there really isn't any reason they should have issues so most people will be fine doing it.

Ok but say for example we look at world of logs, Mage pulling 21k dps

.worldoflogs.com/reports/o7be9wjo05gybw0m/sum/damageDone/?s=5550&e=5922

He got hit by 28 Caustic slime, I got hit by 25 in the log i posted. His gear is maybe 1 ilvls higher than mine. Yet he is pulling 3k more Dps. Now he may of had a really good fight but i still shouldn't be that far behind someone who is at the same Gear level as me. Ive compared the logs and I can't really figure out what he is doing to get that extra 3k. Apart from having a 7% greater up time on LB.
    You got shitty combustions off, not much else to it. I was initally thinking damn he had 48% crit on FB... but you had 50... WTB that kind of RNG.

"It may be your $14.99, but it's the raid's $374.75" -- Ralask <Nether>, Senjin.
    Mage Moderator | Forum Guidelines | MMO IRC | Arcane Mage FAQ | TT7 R.I.P.