Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

18/20 Rares, where to next?

So, I'm gunning for the Professor title, just wondering where I should head next. Northrend seems like the best bet but, the lack of Nerubian sites is ridiculous

Currently sitting at:
    Night Elf 7/7
    Vrykul - 1/1
    Dwarf - 3/4 (missing the staff)
    Fossil - 2/2
    Orc - 1/1
    Draenei 2/2
    Tol'vir 2/6 (have the scarab trinket and ring)
    Nerubian - 0/2
    Troll - 0/1
    Last edited by Phos; 2011-03-18 at 10:59 PM.

You've passed the hard part, easily (getting the ultra-rare of the Nelf trink and getting the two common rares from tol'vir (as it turns out the mount/hand/other gear from tol'vir are all ultra-rares)). Nerub may feel like it takes forever, but if you have the tabard to port to Icecrown and set your hearth at northern HF (for clearing all the Vrykul sites on that end), you can complete it fairly fast within 20 solves. It took me only 14 and it was the better part of two days, mind you, but it's doable, and it's really the only two remaining common rares.

For reference, my stats when I earned professor (I believe server first, as anyone else I'd checked that put more time into Arch was still working on their ultra rare or just gave up at 17 or 18):

Dwarf: 17 (rare: 3 solved: 16)
    Draenei: 10 (rare: 2 solved: 20)
    Fossil: 14 (rare: 2 solved: 39)
    Night Elf: 25 (rare: 7 solved: 87)
    Nerubian: 9 (rare: 2 solved: 14)
    Orc: 10 (rare: 1 solved: 18)
    Tol'vir: 9 (rare: 2 solved: 19)
    Troll: 14 (rare: 0 solved: 41)
    Vrykul: 6 (rare: 1 solved: 23)

At 20 rares, 93/100 Diggerest, total solves: 277

10+ Year Old Account
    If it was me i would go back to EK.

I know the Dwarf staff + Troll Sword are extremely uncommon but since Zin'rokh and the Staff are the only ones you need your guarenteed to get them next if i know my archaelogy (im assuming you can't get the same rare twice?).
    Shadows are cruel.

Pretty much what Aailania said, nerubian. It's a HELL of a lot easier now, I quit back when I was at 19/20 simply because tol'vir didn't interest me, troll & dwarf did nothing for me and nerubian was one hell of a gay to do (It seemed worse than tol'vir, which is fucking retarded).

After the patch I went and arch'd for 2 hours and got my last one and professor title. Now I'm Professor Thief.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbleguy
    Hi, my druid is currently lvl 75 and i'm going for resto at lvl 80, so my question is, what is the most used resto healing rotation?.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    thanks for the advice, after about 2 hours im working on my 19th rare, then it's either staying in northrend to get the 20th (nerubian) or back to kalimdor/EK, still havent decided yet.

Staff ;P

you should go to Eastern kingdoms. if you go to northrend you have a chance at 2 races, nerubian and troll. EK you have dwarf, nerubian and troll sites.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by morpsend View Post
    you should go to Eastern kingdoms. if you go to northrend you have a chance at 2 races, nerubian and troll. EK you have dwarf, nerubian and troll sites.
    Eastern kingdom doesn't have Nerubian, unless they changed this recently

Deleted
    there is one in the plaguewood in EPL but its a rare occurance that you get the digsite
    Last edited by mmocd7df26268c; 2011-03-19 at 04:32 AM. Reason: spelling