Dark Intent procs missing on log parses...?

Hi all,

I'm at a loss at the moment. Looking over last Wednesday's parse I've come across something that has me perplexed, and I'm wondering if any of you may be able to shed light on it.

I posted this originally over at The Warlock's Den and a very helpful member directed me to the DI sticky here, but beyond this comment on the OP, I could not find anything else:

A few things to cover:
    1) There may be glitches where certain abilities do not proc Dark Intent on Critical Strike. This will lower that class' ranking.
    Besides, I had it on a resto druid, and if there were glitches, it was off and on, and this doesn't seem to impact the class ranking according to the guide..

Granted, this "problem" may be incredibly dumb and I'm missing something very obvious, so bear with me (also please forgive my inability to post links yet... grrr.)

I record and parse our guild's combat logs, if that may influence this any. I also turn off my in-game log for performance reasons, but this problem does not seem to be related to either.

What's happening is that the parser makes note of me being buffed with the haste component of DI, but on certain fights it doesn't show me gaining any stacks of the dot damage component. I buffed a resto druid and you can see him gaining the stacks from my crits. You can also see his hots critting, yet still I gain no stacks.

I raid with another warlock, who buffed a moonkin and a resto shaman, alternatively, and their stacks are visible under buffs gained and the log browser. I'm the only one singled out having no recorded gains.

It doesn't happen all the time.. this attempt, for example, shows me gaining stacks:

www . worldoflogs . com / reports / dkiifqa7fyfxeqdz / details / 1 / ?s=4783&e=5259 (I buffed Trington, Reaverdelis buffed Myantisheep)

Then, this kill doesn't:

www . worldoflogs . com / reports / dkiifqa7fyfxeqdz / details / 1 / ?s=8618&e=8955 (I buffed Trington, Reaverdelis buffed Hornytoad)

I think it may just be WoL acting wonky, but I'm curious if anyone else has experienced this. I've searched online and here to see if this is a known issue, but I've not found anything relevant. Any insights would be greatly appreciated!

go to the DI target's log and look under Buffs Cast and see if that works. Only thing i would think off.

You give your DI target a 78% uptime. Unless of course that could be YOUR stacks that your getting but i am not sure and could be really really wrong about that

Thank you so much for the links!

And yes, the druid is shown to gain stacks from my crits, but I fail to gain any from his.

If you go to the log browser and make 4 queries, one each for both of the locks and one each for both of the targets, you will see the other lock and both targets gaining stacks, and my name will not show up as a "target" at all.... i'll see if i can post a screenshot somewhere, since you can't make links for log queries off WoL >.<

Try running these queries in the log browser for the Omnotron fight:

Show events where event type is Aura and target is Reaverdelis and spell is Dark Intent
    Show events where event type is Aura and target is Hornytoad and spell is Dark Intent
    Show events where event type is Aura and target is Morcillita and spell is Dark Intent
    Show events where event type is Aura and target is Trington and spell is Dark Intent

You'll see my name only shows up when referring to Trington's stacks (and you're right, the 78% is the uptime that I give to his stacks)
    Last edited by Morcillita; 2011-03-19 at 05:25 PM.

Did the Resto Druid you were targeting go offline or leave the instance for a short while prior to you doing Omnotron? That can cause some weird Dark Intent behavior. The buff drops off a person that changes zones or goes offline, but remains on the other person it was linked to, and ends up with having one person with the 3% haste buff who won't gain the periodic damage/healing buff, and the second person not having the 3% haste buff but still gaining the periodic damage/healing buff.

Ohhh... I honestly can't recall if he did or not; we did have a bit of a break before the pull, but I'm pretty diligent about buffing per-pull.. it's possible that may have been it. I'll keep an eye on that, thanks.

But still, if you look at my stack uptime, there's a chunk of about a half hour on the total parse where I gain no stacks. The Omnotron fight was a sample, so I'm still wondering about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Morcillita View Post
    Ohhh... I honestly can't recall if he did or not; we did have a bit of a break before the pull, but I'm pretty diligent about buffing per-pull.. it's possible that may have been it. I'll keep an eye on that, thanks.

But still, if you look at my stack uptime, there's a chunk of about a half hour on the total parse where I gain no stacks. The Omnotron fight was a sample, so I'm still wondering about this.
    Sounds like he "vanished" (offline, hearthed, stepped outside for what ever reason) shortly after you buffed him. If this is the case the spell is only half working, like it was mentioned previously, but you didn't realize it since your buff never disappeared and it didn't start fully working again until after you rebuffed it near the end of its duration.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardhyn View Post
    Now this is just blatant trolling, at least before you had the credibility of maybe being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.