PVP: resto vs. feral

I have a resto and feral spec, and am debating which one to use as a pvp spec.

I raid in my resto spec, so would porbably keep my pve spec and simply gear for pvp. I only do pvp for fun, not to be best of the best so I don't mind losing a little survivability since I'll be keeping silly things like efflo.

In BGs I find feral to be more independant, but I like both specs at the moment. I have a lot of experience with pve resto and I generally like healing over hitting things. I also like the survivability of the resto spec since I do decent dps as kitty but as soon as I'm focused, it's game over.

Another reasoning is because I'm thinking of switching my kitty spec to a bear spec and trying out tanking. I've seen a lot of great bear tanks and would love trying out that.

So -

Would I be more viable as a resto or feral pvper?
    Is taking on tanking stretching myself too thin?
    Last edited by Solieus; 2011-03-20 at 12:09 PM. Reason: typoz

Quote Originally Posted by Solieus View Post
    I only do pvp for fun,
    you answered your own question there. If you do pvp for fun that choice the spec that entertain you more

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerti View Post
    you answered your own question there. If you do pvp for fun that choice the spec that entertain you more
    This.

But tbh, even if you do PvP for the gear, rating and titles, just go with what you enjoy the most. It's not like any of the 2 isn't viable.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    What spec interests you the most ? What ever your answer is, choose that spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    In BGs it doesn't matter which role you play. If you understand them both equally you'll get around the same amount of honor in the same amount of time.

It only matters if you decide to arena, and that's going to depend on who your team is.
    Last edited by Myrrar; 2011-03-20 at 04:19 PM.

i play resto and i love it .. u are healin master

I prefer resto. Its more fun and you die less often in BGs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaylon View Post
    I prefer resto. Its more fun and you die less often in BGs.
    A good Feral will barely ever die in BG

If there is at least some competent healer nearby. But usually there isn't
    I have always played resto and will continue to do so.

Resto will have more impact on overall success or failure of a BG than feral ever could.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaylon View Post
    If there is at least some competent healer nearby. But usually there isn't
    No one dies a lot with a healer on his/her ass, but I was talking about the Feral Druid on his own.

I play druid and almost all its specs... dang hybrids
    But you can bg as a feral in tank spec because i do perfectly fine like that everytime i need to tank and dont have the open specs for both bear and cat pve/pvp.
    Resto might be an option if u play bgs with dps friends and vic versa with feral.
    I found feral more fun in bgs solo because I can truck kids with or without heals. But when im resto... i have to find those good dps to heal or else im jus a target dummy or the alliance.

Resto>all others
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliyra View Post
    And yet here we are.

Deleted
    I play feral myself and i loooove it!
    Tho resto is stronger since the feral nerfs, but who cares (FUN>Best specc)

10+ Year Old Account
    its funny how when i was resto i could never find a DPS as good as me, now im Feral and i cannot find a healer that was as good as me.

need to be like charlie sheen
    i7 4770k 4.6GHZ................................................ ¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
    OCZ Arc 100 x2 (240g) RAID 0.........................°º¤ø„¸? Druid ,„ø¤º°¨
    Kingston HyperX 8 gig 2400.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨ For Life! 0¤ø„¸
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 OC.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸ ¨°º¤ø

i myself played resto for a long long time and loved it to death but i found there comes a time in pvp when you want to kill something your self ( im not saying its imposable to kill something as resto spec just takes forever) and not have to have someone help you kill stuff. Living forever with out dieing but not killing much does get boring after a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by moogogaipan View Post
    Healers have every rite to be anal.
    Quote Originally Posted by grayscale-warfare View Post
    If this is your major epiphany, I am saddened
    Quote Originally Posted by Decan View Post
    Healers cannot carry groups anymore simple as that, everyone needs to do their job and do it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Shifthappens View Post
    its funny how when i was resto i could never find a DPS as good as me, now im Feral and i cannot find a healer that was as good as me.

need to be like charlie sheen
    I felt the same way, so I play both. I'm Bi-Winning! More often Feral...
    *Serious face... fist in air.*