Curse of Elements and spell penetration in pvp

If I have Curse of Elements, do I need to gem for any spell pen in pvp? CoE should take care of that right?

You'd technically still need 12 spell penetration since CoE removes 183 resistance, while shadow protection/resistance aura gives 195 resistance, or 57 to cap if you're facing a mage with mage armor active. Getting the full 240 spell penetration means you aren't reliant on CoE to get through your opponents resistances however, which is nice whenever facing a group that can remove curses; not to mention that you can't have both CoE and CoEx up if you're Affliction, and you can't have CoT active at the same time as CoE either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get the pvp neck : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/item/64808 / or vicious one. then your almost at cap, then you can choose to take 1-2 gems for spell pene or just use CoE.

edit: I would go for the Vicious neck http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/item/60661 then just use 2 gems instead of having CoE up, as CoT would be better in 2v2/3v3/5v5 and CoE is just dispelled.
    Last edited by Razstah; 2011-03-21 at 08:10 AM.
    Once more into the fray...
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live and die on this day...

Best thing imo is get the cape and enchant it with 70 spell pen....done all other gems can now be resilience and int

Curse of tounges is a very very powerful tool in pvp. So you can't use that and curse of elements. It's quite easy to get to spell pen cap today like some people here have posted.

10+ Year Old Account
    just get the spell pen neck saves you the time from having to apply reapply coe

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lightgil View Post
    just get the spell pen neck saves you the time from having to apply reapply coe
    neck + 2 gems or the cloak enchant (i dun use it)

You just said what 2 other people said :P
    Once more into the fray...
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.

u cast COE
    u see resist
    u T_T