Confused about Tyrande's Favorite Doll/Hpala trinkets

Hey fellow Hpalas!

ehmm, since i rerolled my paladin i've been quite confused about a few things... Esepcially the trinket part!

Whats ideally to go for? ALot is saying Tyrande's Favorite Doll is idd worth the farming, other says it's complete shit?

I'm halfway through all of the content in cata, got 12/12 down and starting on 25m heroics soon, what should i go for?

Anyone who says Tyrande's is complete shit has no clue what they're talking about; the trinket is effectively 321 intellect 350 MP5 making it one of the best trinkets in the game for holy paladins.

Ideally you'll want Tyrande's/DMC:Tsunami. Some people prefer heroic jar(from heroic maloriak) on long fights for the regen over DMC:Tsunami, though I personally disagree, but in general those are the two trinkets you go for.

Quote Originally Posted by Sadinar View Post
    Anyone who says Tyrande's is complete shit has no clue what they're talking about; the trinket is effectively 321 intellect 350 MP5 making it one of the best trinkets in the game for holy paladins.

Ideally you'll want Tyrande's/DMC:Tsunami. Some people prefer heroic jar(from heroic maloriak) on long fights for the regen over DMC:Tsunami, though I personally disagree, but in general those are the two trinkets you go for.

That is heard and understood brah!

Quote Originally Posted by Snixs View Post
    That is heard and understood brah!
    Right now go for the easiest! Core of ripeness and Fall of mortality are your best bets. You might go insane faming tyrande's doll and dmc tsunami is not like dmc greatness...it will easily be replaced in 4.2, but if you have the gold sitting around it's all up to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Prior to heroic raiding, trinket selection is just a matter of math really.
    DMC: Tsunami: 829 MP5 and 321 int.
    Jar of ...: 814 MP5 (and no int!)
    Core of Ripeness and Fall of Mortality: 715 MP5 and 321 int
    Tyrande's favourite doll: 612 MP5 and 321 int.

There has been some discussion, as to whether or not you should be running with two int/regen trinket (like DMC:T and Core of Ripeness), or if you should have one int/regen trinket and one regen trinket (like Jar of...).
    As to your question of Tyrande's doll being worth the farm, I'm going to say no. You get slightly more MP5 and a little less int (36 less) from Tear of Blood (Stonecore HC), so why bother digging up all them sites?
    When you can get your hands on Shard of Woe, do so! But until then, I would suggest that you run with DMC: Tsunami and Core of Ripeness (you can time the use effect, which isn't possible with Fall of Mortality)

A list of the current int/regen and regen trinkets can be found here http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Regen-trinkets
    *Note that Mandala of Stirring Patterns have not been updated on this list!

Quote Originally Posted by Brixen View Post
    Prior to heroic raiding, trinket selection is just a matter of math really.

There has been some discussion, as to whether or not you should be running with two int/regen trinket (like DMC:T and Core of Ripeness), or if you should have one int/regen trinket and one regen trinket (like Jar of...).
    As to your question of Tyrande's doll being worth the farm, I'm going to say no. You get slightly more MP5 and a little less int (36 less) from Tear of Blood (Stonecore HC), so why bother digging up all them sites?
    When you can get your hands on Shard of Woe, do so! But until then, I would suggest that you run with DMC: Tsunami and Core of Ripeness (you can time the use effect, which isn't possible with Fall of Mortality)

A list of the current int/regen and regen trinkets can be found here
    *Note that Mandala of Stirring Patterns have not been updated on this list!
    You do realize that those values are generated for Holy Priests? As in all the values are not really applicable to Paladins mainly due to different Int based effects (Spell coefficients and Regen) and Spirit based effects (50% instead of the higher Priest regen). There is no way a blue trinket is comparable to the Doll.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Right now go for the easiest! Core of ripeness and Fall of mortality are your best bets. You might go insane faming tyrande's doll and dmc tsunami is not like dmc greatness...it will easily be replaced in 4.2, but if you have the gold sitting around it's all up to you.
    Tyrande's is not hard to farm, really. I mean, comparatively speaking, it's pretty common considering the frequency of NE digs.

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nodrak View Post
    You do realize that those values are generated for Holy Priests? As in all the values are not really applicable to Paladins mainly due to different Int based effects (Spell coefficients and Regen) and Spirit based effects (50% instead of the higher Priest regen). There is no way a blue trinket is comparable to the Doll.
    Here is a lovely mathed out chart with values for Holy Pallies.

http://elitistjerks.com/f76/t110847-...m_4_0_6_a/p17/

TL;DR: Tyrande's is BiS, second only to Shard of Woe. DMC: Tsunami is better than the normal raid trinkets, but not the Heroic equivalents.

why isn't anyone including the mandala of the stirring patterns...it's pretty decent and better than some of these trinkets

Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post

elitistjerks.com/f76/t110847-holy_cataclysm_holy_compendium_4_0_6_a/p17

TL;DR: Tyrande's is BiS, second only to Shard of Woe. DMC: Tsunami is better than the normal raid trinkets, but not the Heroic equivalents.
    There is a more detailed analysis later in the thread that is worth looking over...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitlovin View Post
    Tyrande's is not hard to farm, really. I mean, comparatively speaking, it's pretty common considering the frequency of NE digs.
    that depend on your luck

I got mine at 230 night elf dig site, did not get my damn sword yet tho, yet i looted another azure drake while just killing random winterfall runner /suicide
    414 and counting..

The day il get it, a new tier will appear with a better one or il have a better weapon at that moment.
    Last edited by DaGhostDS; 2011-03-22 at 03:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post

http://elitistjerks.com/f76/t110847-...m_4_0_6_a/p17/

Jar is ranked wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too high in that chart.

This seems more reasonable: http://elitistjerks.com/f76/t110847-...m_4_0_6_a/p23/

Quote Originally Posted by Bitlovin View Post
    Not hard but completely RNG. Some people didn't get it after hundreds of tries and overall it may be more expensive than farming the cash for DMC:T
    Last edited by Nillo; 2011-03-22 at 12:14 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brixen View Post
    All of that is completely wrong for Holy Paladins, fyi.

Honestly, that all looks really wrong even for Holy Priests.
    Last edited by Simca; 2011-03-22 at 12:34 AM.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Shard of woe and tyrandes doll are the top two trinkets in the game ATM. As mentioned earlier with a link to EJ (not the horribly wrong priest post...but the other one after)

So Tyrandes doll and DmC: T are the best bet unless you have access to shard of woe. Period.

The doll is worth every minute trying to get it, IMO
    Last edited by Theholypally; 2011-03-22 at 02:34 AM.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Deleted
    People are really forgetting the alc trinket. It's the biggest int boost and the haste can be reforged to spirit as well as the 40 % better potions adds up to a hell of a lot