Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Depends, how racist are you?

I have played all of the games and I can say that Black and White are one of the best if not THE best of the series, the Pokemon look fresh, and everything seems really renewed, it's just an awesome experience, go buy it!

After being burnt out from Diamond / Pearl, and skipping Heart Gold, even though Gold on my color was my favorite.. I have to say, I'm pleasantly surprised.

Most of the new pokemon are just lame, but it all being new, with an interesting take on the story I guess, keeps it somewhat fresh and brought me back into Pokemon.

Give it a shot
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    I love love love it! It's of course similar to the past games, but it also has some nice changes.
    I myself have bought white because of the White Forest and the pokemon Solosis cause he's cute and squishy :P
    The storyline is really good. I'm still entertained and I'm over 50 hours of play :3 Theres much more for me to do still in the game even after defeating the Elite Four awhile ago. It is also challenging too. Some of the gym leaders are jerks (second gym leader...), and the Elite Four can be pretty nasty if you aren't around equal to their level.
    I recommend it ^_^ Especially if you are/were a Pokemon fan.

Last edited by Liinxy; 2011-03-25 at 01:52 AM. Reason: added squishies!

Yes, if you liked the old games you'll love this one. Especially if like me you hated the hour long "tutorial," this one basically says "here's your starter, go crazy."

Deleted
    If you have enough cash and still enjoy playing pokemon just for the nostalgia and the fuck of it, buy it I have been spending some decent time now playing it just collecting pokemon a bit I am around 35+ hours maybe and I haven't entered the 8th gym yet. But if your only into pokemon because you used to play the games when you were younger I would say don't do it, unless you're a pokenerd/fan/geek.

Quote Originally Posted by Twilightdawn View Post
    the Story/campaign lasts over 24 hours usually
    i finished the main story line + elite four in 14 hours and solod it with my starter who was lvl 64 at the time, including the champion, ofc having help from my legendary for the N/ghetsis battle. its pretty good compared to older generations though, and still plenty to do. + with the release of the dreamworld... soon? it should get better

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are a poke hater then you will agree with the ignorant people above bashing it who haven't even played it. If you actually liked the games, then yes, by gameplay standards it is the best one yet. The setting and story is fresh, and I found it throughly enjoyable.

15+ Year Old Account
    some people commented on how the appearances of the Gen 5 Pokemon arn't very good at all or anything, but honestly i can only count on one hand how many bad pokemon there are, each Gen as their Shitty looking ones, and Gen 5 doesn't have more then any other gen.

OT: I got black version and trust me it's worth getting for sure, the one thing the pokemon games have a knack for is having the core storyline taking 20-30 hours of game time, most games you buy these days have maybe 12 hours at most.., so yeah worth getting
    Unfortunately, until the people at Blizzard take time to quit explaining why they are right and anyone who disagrees is wrong, they are not going to even hear everyone speaking out desperately trying to warn them the ship is sinking.
    the problems driving players from WoW aren't content or the age of the game, the problem is how the game experience and design philosophy are being undermined by Blizzard's hubris and greed.

to be honest I do like white now having the e4 on farm, second time around. and although it has its moments. I gotta say the gold and silver and crystal versions are, in my opinion, the best soly because you have 2 regions to master while the other versions only have 1. what I think a lot of us would like to see is a pokeon game that has all the regions in it and sort of acts like the tv show, but better.

back to the main point, if you're a fan of pokemon get this game it is worth getting and it should entertain you for a while, and remember to get victini, that thing is awesome, plus you can kill it as many times as you like before catchin it : ).

10+ Year Old Account
    Go buy it, I've completed the black version and I loved it.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are amazing...Best pokemon game/generation since the 2nd (YES, YOU HEARD ME!).

I don't try to agree with our good friends, the reviewers, but i agree with them. Its just fresh. Its amazing.

If you're a pokemon fan, definitely get it.

I've been playing Pokemon since the original games. And I plan on getting this generation to. But I'm gonna wait for the third game aka Pokemon Grey. They always release one and it always has more stuff then the other two. So I suggest you just wait for it. Unless you really want Black or White and can't wait. I can wait myself. I still have plenty of stuff to do in Generation 4 to keep me busy while I wait.
    http://thegamerclown.blogspot.com
    News, reviews, and plenty of gaming humor. New posts every Sunday.
    Latest Post: April 28, 2011 "Spine Ripping Good Fun"

is there any way i can play previous pokemon games on my computer? with a simulator or something? sorry its off topic i just get bored of WoW and Minecraft sometimes, and i only play tiny birds on my ipod while on the toilet, so i need something for times like now. bored

10+ Year Old Account
    I nostalgia pretty hard on pokemon so ive always played the games. I have both black and white and very much enjoyed the change of pace from the others. There are no familiar pokemon until the elite four has been beaten which i loved (no more onix geodude pidgey and rattata!) I clocked it at 21hours beat the elite four / N with mostly level 50's also the elite four was different you can do them in any order

---------- Post added 2011-03-25 at 04:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Henry7212 View Post
    is there any way i can play previous pokemon games on my computer? with a simulator or something? sorry its off topic i just get bored of WoW and Minecraft sometimes, and i only play tiny birds on my ipod while on the toilet, so i need something for times like now. bored
    you can with an emulator. I suggest getting the game though support developers even if it is nintendo xD

---------- Post added 2011-03-25 at 04:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cliffy T View Post
    I've been playing Pokemon since the original games. And I plan on getting this generation to. But I'm gonna wait for the third game aka Pokemon Grey. They always release one and it always has more stuff then the other two. So I suggest you just wait for it. Unless you really want Black or White and can't wait. I can wait myself. I still have plenty of stuff to do in Generation 4 to keep me busy while I wait.
    Ive heard on a few pokemon news sites that gen 5 b/w wont have a 3rd 'special' installment even though most assumed gray due to the 3rd of the dragon trio being gray but atm its just speculation

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Yes, you should get it ^_^ Its good.

Actually I think Gamefreak is the developers. Nintendo just publishs it. And never heard there might not be a 3rd installment. It's doubtful they won't have one. To much money in it. I see them redoing Ruby and Sapphire to like they did the others. I hope so anyway since I never got far in those. And when I said Pokemon Grey it was just a joke.
    http://thegamerclown.blogspot.com
    News, reviews, and plenty of gaming humor. New posts every Sunday.
    Latest Post: April 28, 2011 "Spine Ripping Good Fun"

I haven't played it yet but I'd say get it. I've read reviews and info on it, and it seems really good. I don't have a ds or I'd get it myself =( no ds means I haven't played since Emerald.

something about pokemon, for me at least, that can't be said for many other games, is that it can be played on and on and on, for nearly forever, because you're never truly done. There's always more pokemon to catch, more to level, and more people to fight (if this WiFi really lets you battle others online, even better!). I haven't played my Emerald version much in the past few years, but I have about 250-300 hours put on it. And I have probably 500+ hours total across all my old-gen games, kanto, johto, and hoenn. I loved my Crystal version the most for when it came out, the greatness of it was unprecendented for me as a child. Of course I had played Gold and Silver, but I've always loved the 3rd game that came out for a specific generation of Pokemon.

anyways, enough ranting. I'd say the game is always worth getting, because, for me at least, the nostalgia and getting to catch and battle new pokemon and the new storylines, would be enough reason to spend $30.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say it is worth it. The big differences between Black and White are two things:

1. Black uses rotational battles: 3 pokemon, but they switch in a rotation while fighting, so you're never 100% sure what you're going to be against in a round.
    White uses the triple battles: 3 per side. Left can only hit opponents right and middle, right can only hit opponents left and middle, and middle can target everything.
    2. Black City: More trainer battles and opportunity to buy rare items.
    White Forest: More pokemon to catch.

Most people I know got Black version, as rotation battles are very interesting. Other differences include the usual exclusive pokemons. Another interesting difference is that Black has a more techy look to some areas, whereas White is more rustic or homey.

This generation of games features a better online component. It's not fully up yet though. The GTS is around (it's accessed trough the Pokemon Centre now, instead of just a single city). I have yet to really check the new wi-fi stuff (C-Gear), but it seems pretty neat.

Another interesting addition is the seasons. Starting in January with Spring, and changing every month, the season changes. It changes the frequency of some pokemon. In one area, a marsh freezes over in the winter making it so you can't catch any pokemon, while in other areas the freezing allows you to access other areas. Some endgame events change around depending on the season as well. The day/night cycle changes as well (days being longer in the summer, shorter in the winter).

I never got into this series until Platinum, so I have not been a long time player. Having said that, I'm really enjoying this game. As someone with gaming systems up the ass, and a computer that can handle all the newest games full speed, it's this little gem that has been taking up what little time I have for gaming right now (university is a bitch).

Deleted
    Havent played pokemon since.. silver?