Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

true story-nerf warriors and all these ridiculous non-healer healing cds

2v2 (it matters to me)

my lock buddy (afflic. 3.5k resil) and myself (frost mage 3.2k resil) go up against a retard strength dk/fury melee cleave for the 5th time in 2 hours. we hadn't played together in awhile so dealing with this comp was proving hard as they are easily raping the lock in 30 seconds or less while we are both blowing all of our cds (mine being for pathetic attempts at peals mostly). we poly and root train the warrior and he only has a handful of seconds of up time on the lock. the dk uses ams and all cds off the bat and is not CCable by either of us. so our plan is pretty basic but involves cc train on warrior in hopes of not winning but surviving longer than 30 seconds. we manage to kill the dk a few times but lock also dies and i get left facing the warrior with no cds and half health.

here's the seriously f*cked up part:

first, even though this warrior is almost always snared or cc'd, hes doubling the dks damage with minimal uptime. i understand the mantra of the warrior: do lots of damage when on target at the cost of being kitable/CCable to a point. but this is just ridiculous when the dk has ~80% uptime and warrior has ~20% yet the warrior doubles him on damage.

second, the lock does almost no healing after the hard nerfs they got to armor in the short amount of time hes alive. compare that, a class designed to do very low burst/single target damage in exchange for high self healing and good cc/utility (this has been the definition of affliction for a long time until 4.06), to the warriors healing which is through the roof for unncomprehendable reasons when they have high burst/single target damage. it makes no sense.

third, the fight comes down to me vs. warrior a few times but i am usually already around 50%. many would say it should be a cakewalk but remember, all cds have been spent trying to kill dk and trying to save my lock in the frantic first 30 seconds. so its me with 50% hp and no cds vs. a fury warrior. for the most part kiting is easy. i can snare and root him and work on his hp a bit UNTIL HE POPS HIS REDUNC HEAL which takes him from 25% to 100% hp. ok, w/e i'll just keep workin on him. o wait........all the shit i do is triggering his healing. hes pretty much always got 2 ticking undispellable heals on him from crits and roots (define: frost mage) and because of incombat intercepts/charges/heroic leaps and the retard strength damage he does to me when he does get up on me, i pretty much always have to keep rooting and running and resetting/eating/evocating. well 3 minutes pass and hes got his dumb OP mega heal back and im like wtfded after 1 mistake.

im not saying nerf fury, im saying put them 10 feet under.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by goetz401 View Post
    2v2 (it matters to me)
    after "nerf" in the title and this i stopped to read. just sayin

10+ Year Old Account
    So you ran into a comp that counters yours. QQ
    Q u o t e:
    I hear the most interesting man in world kites Frost Mages as a Warrior.

10+ Year Old Account
    let me get this strait...

you, A FROST MAGE, are crying about getting owned by a warrior that is running double dps team, just like mages have done for years sucessfully and warriors, for the most part have not?

we're in the "roll melee or be owned by it" season, so no wonders.
    they all have lolburst
    they all have lolheal
    they all have tons of ways to make casters refrain from casting
    no match
    Estás usando este software de traducción de forma incorrecta. Por favor, consulta el manual.

The point is, warriors are beyond retarded overpowered. The class is a joke and completely broken in pvp.

Warrior damage is insane right now. Their burst makes it worse.
    They have retarded self healing for a class that is has no "healing" spells.
    You cant stop them at all what-so-ever.

Death Knights are the second most retardly broken and overpowered class in pvp.

These two classes need some SERIOUS nerfs to their damage. I would say it is completly broken at this point in time.

The things I do with my warrior to anything with mail armor or less makes my mouth hang open. I killed a hunter so fast the other day, I was sure that someone else was helping me nuke the guy. I checked recount, nope it was just me. I looked the hunter up on armory, he had 20% damage reduction resilience. I couldnt believe how fast I destroyed the guy, he had no time to react either because he was shooting someone else at his max range and I rode up on him, charged, Ms, hamstring, knockbacked and he was dead 2 seconds later.

I love killing people with my warrior, but the class is so broken right now. I dont have a mage higher than level 20 because im sick of leveling and I need my time for my 5 other level 85 toons. But I wont go into pvp on my lock at all, my pally only goes in as healer, I wont take my hunter in, Priest forget it; warriors and DK's see my Disc priest and they faceroll it ignoring everything else.

Warrior is serisouly broken at the moment, they need major damage nerfs. End of argument.

---------- Post added 2011-03-21 at 08:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nebthet View Post
    we're in the "roll melee or be owned by it" season, so no wonders.
    they all have lolburst
    they all have lolheal
    they all have tons of ways to make casters refrain from casting
    no match
    This right here. Melee OWNS!!!! pvp right now. Except for Ret wich is pathetic, but pally heals is retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibteck View Post
    So you ran into a comp that counters yours. QQ
    This correctly sums up ALL complaints in PvP atm.
    Whine 'cause you can't faceroll like you used to.
    There are good people in every corner of the planet. Unfortunately, the Earth is round.

Deleted
    (frost mage 3.2k resil)

Warrior isn't broken. Fury is. I'm intrueged how you managed to Knockdown someone, and then get Mortal Strike + Overpower to crit for 100k+.

Quote Originally Posted by rettypally View Post
    The point is, warriors are beyond retarded overpowered. The class is a joke and completely broken in pvp.

Warrior damage is insane right now. Their burst makes it worse.
    They have retarded self healing for a class that is has no "healing" spells.
    You cant stop them at all what-so-ever.
    While I think they could be taken down a bit, they are quite stoppable, perhaps just not by your class.

I enjoy watching people complain about DKs because they're either not good enough to be able to kill them, or they're bad period and are just agreeing with other people who are doing the same thing.
    There are good people in every corner of the planet. Unfortunately, the Earth is round.

I play a warrior, and I can say if you had me cc'd 80% of the fight, and still lost that's all on you.

well, i dont know alot about pvp, but i bet my hat that if the warlock is demonology he would make both of them explode with some peel on the dk

tbh as a rogue, i enjoyed wizardcleaves more than warrior teams...and thats saying something. Even vs lsd/mld in s8 was easier than faceing down an arms warr these days.
    Kolopotho: I will find it incredibly shocking and rare if some guy walks up to a girl in a pub and says "i play a level 80 druid in world of warcraft" to which she will respond with "TAKE ME NOW".

Deleted
    So what you are saying is that Blizzard should nerf DKs & Warriors ( which always leads to a PVE nerf too ) because Frost mages can be killed by these ?
    When will we get to a point where every class is nerfed so there is only Frost mages left & they will be asking to get nerfed themselves ?

1400 mmr /rating much?

I'd happily give away damage for more utility

-Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by xsublymonalx View Post
    While I think they could be taken down a bit, they are quite stoppable, perhaps just not by your class.
    too bad any good frost mage could keep any warrior cced indefinitely, so his class is the direct hard counter to warriors....

Quote Originally Posted by Coldara View Post
    after "nerf" in the title and this i stopped to read. just sayin
    exactly...2v2 ruined all hope of balance. stupid kalgan and his arena.

Quote Originally Posted by Comby View Post
    1400 mmr /rating much?
    this, mostly

you should destroy a warrior, completly.

(i am myself a mage btw)

Deleted
    Dude, you're a bloody Frost Mage - if the Warrior isn't dead, than it's ALL on you. During sheep, you WILL get one cast off. Play a Shadow Priest in 2s, then come back to me.

Quote Originally Posted by rettypally View Post

These two classes need some SERIOUS nerfs to their damage. I would say it is completly broken at this point in time.

Warrior is serisouly broken at the moment, they need major damage nerfs. End of argument.

---------- Post added 2011-03-21 at 08:26 PM ----------

This right here. Melee OWNS!!!! pvp right now. Except for Ret wich is pathetic, but pally heals is retarded.
    lol, death knights are not overpowered, they have no burst only a little sustained pressure from the overnerfed ghoul, look at their dps now in pve, its pathetic. warriors on the other hand are great burst and dps in both pve and pvp, i know i play both as 85s my 350 warrior kicks my 361 ilevel dks butt in both pvp and deffinitely in pve dps...if blizz ever did a paid change your class i would switch my dk for a mage anyday