Poll: Your opinion

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Maelstrom market is a bit ridiculous atm, so I hope the ZA/ZG gear will be disenchantable (into maelstroms).

I don't raid, and I don't think upgrading my enchants to the top-of-the-line 10k a piece maelstrom versions will have a very significant impact on my DPS. (>5%) At the same time I think it's a bit weird that enchants that are only slightly better are more than 10 times as expensive.

PS: What's funny about this thread is that the ZG/ZA epics are basically blues anyway, since unlike previously in wow, the color has no impact on the quality of the item in cata. Hell, they could make the ZA/ZG 'epics' green and they would still have the same stats.
    Last edited by Acker; 2011-03-22 at 08:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karakkonor View Post
    Marksmanship . . . feels like you're driving a car with square wheels and a steering wheel made out of styrofoam (the cheap kind that breaks far too easily)(and is REALLY squeaky).

I'd say it's too soon to make them so easily farmable in heroics. They might be a little too high but that doesn't mean that the market needs to be flooded with the highest quality enchant mat in the first raid tier of the expansion.
    I think a good compromise would be to make the 353 produce small maelstrom crystals that could be combined in sets of 3 to make a MC. I would not want to see them devalued to the degree they were in Wrath when ToC 5 man came out, with it still being the first raid tier. It should be a big deal to get these top end enchants, and require a decision from the player based on whether it is worth the cost.

The price was fairly reasonable, back when you could DE alchemy trinkets. If Blizzard is doing this because the cost is too high, they could just revert the alchemy nerf. Prices would drop into the 500-750 gold range in a week or two. They were already down around 1300 on my server when alchemy was broken, and mat prices have fallen considerably since then.

i really dont care if u can de these epics because everyone will be able to BUY them with JP and honor anyway. i think they are just trying to lower the price of the crystals
    ggg

not being able to afford optimal enchants because it costs 5k to get 5more agi and so forth makes me quite sad.. we have resorted to guilds paying the expencive enchants on heroic pieces we get (or really good normal pieces).. but frankly I still think it's ridiculous how high the prices are especially with enchanters doing some casual arena at 2k "oh hey I can shard 3 wands and get 3 shards per week for 30min work" please do gief :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Bads will be bad. Always. Now they can be bad with fully enchanted gear!

Problem? I don't see one.

+ I'll like not paying ~15k G to fully enchant an alt.

10+ Year Old Account
    None of this matters because you will be able to buy Maelstroms with JP/HP in 4.1 anyway.

You do realize they are making maelstrom crystals purchasable with JP anyhow?

Maelstroms are pretty rare at the moment. This is the complete opposite effect we saw when wrath came out (lol naxx epics). I think 4-5 months is long enough for people to not be going with the best enchants.

10+ Year Old Account
    •All trade goods available for purchase with Honor or Justice Points from the associated commodities vendors have had their prices reduced by 50%.
    •Maelstrom Crystals are now available for purchase with Honor or Justice Points from the associated commodities vendors.

yeah...your idea doesn't matter. DE-able or not, they are going to be much more abundent anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    •All trade goods available for purchase with Honor or Justice Points from the associated commodities vendors have had their prices reduced by 50%.
    •Maelstrom Crystals are now available for purchase with Honor or Justice Points from the associated commodities vendors.

yeah...your idea doesn't matter. DE-able or not, they are going to be much more abundent anyhow.
    I had the idea before that was announced.
    And also it doesn't matter anymore anyway since the crystal prices are low as hell. 600-700g per on my realm,even when you could "cheat" with alch/ench the prices were at 1.3k(god i loved that made 20k without ever selling a crystal myself :P) that price would be quite fair i think.

15+ Year Old Account
    I said this the day I knew ZA/ZG would have epic quality loot and that is that I 100% hope with all my heart that they disenchant into 2 Heavenly Shards.

I like how Maelstrom Crystals are of rarity and not going for less gold then a wipe on a boss would cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Lixo View Post
    What's the point of getting Heavenly Shards? They will go down to less than 1 gold per one if this happens.

Anyway, I have no fucking idea why the hell Blizzard decided the 353 items needed to be epic and not blue ones like in the original Zul'Gurub, where the items were blue, yes, but better item level than blues from older instances. I mean, why the fuck do they need to be purple? Do the adhd kids dislike it then if they dont get their daily fix of purple?
    Yeah I know, come on people, what's wr-ooo a shiny!

doesn't really matter... in 4.2 we will feast in maelstroms...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    ya i want my purples and that ach you get for equiping them
    That achievement requires iLevel 359 items, not you won't get it with the ZG/ZA iLevel 353 items

I'm an enchanter and I can't wait for the Maelstroms to be more readily available. People have had plenty of time to make their gold off of them if that's what they chose to do with them. Not everything needs to be retardedly priced forever.

As with all these changes, people who want to use these enchants to build items for alts tend to feel strongly to getting the crystals, and people who've been playing the enchant market and marking up 10% of a high cost crystal don't want that 10% to be a smaller number.

There are plenty of ways to make gold, playing the Ah is too easy.. people who overprice need to be taken down a peg regardless. Bring on free epix!
    Dragonflight Nerfs vs fun again show a Blizzard that hasn't learnt a lesson, Actions speak louder than words afterall watch what they do and do not do.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrlae View Post
    As many of you I'd also hate it if the new 353 epics will be disenchantable (currently they are classified as "non disenchantable"
    I take it you have never logged into the PTR yourself? Because they disencahnt into Maelstrom Crystals just fine. As MMO Champion said many many times that was just a bug on their Data Base.

Quote Originally Posted by Lixo View Post
    What's the point of getting Heavenly Shards? They will go down to less than 1 gold per one if this happens.

Anyway, I have no fucking idea why the hell Blizzard decided the 353 items needed to be epic and not blue ones like in the original Zul'Gurub, where the items were blue, yes, but better item level than blues from older instances. I mean, why the fuck do they need to be purple? Do the adhd kids dislike it then if they dont get their daily fix of purple?
    Maelstrom Crystals cost WAY to much, for such a minimal increase.

achei still demands 359, so that wont change.

and really, its just a color, it means shit. what DOES mean anything, is where it comes from. Deathwing could drop white stuff for all i care.

I mean right now heroics are a total joke. I've been running heroics with my guild and everyone is at least iL 359+ and there hasn't even been a content pacth yet. I say the content pacth after firelands heroics will be way easier than wrath ones. And this next pacth will just help prove my point. + get people geared faster