Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    If competently used the Silence can be stupendously useful. That is to say you shouldn't instantly blow it. The arcane resist is helpful for ..oh.. not dying. Plus Blood Elves are *easily* the most spectacularly handsome race, so thats +2 right there.

Deleted
    God i miss the mana tap racical.. It was the only thing that made them feel like bloodelves, except the green eyes.. The arcane torrent(?) doesnt really make any sence now
    Anyone know why it was removed?

10+ Year Old Account
    Because it was fairly OP at the time.

The Arcane resist (along with any other resistance racial) is useless in PvE and PvP.

In PvP, any half-decent caster will be spell pen capped anyway, completely negating it, and in PvE it doesn't stack with the resistances granted by Kings or MotW, so it's again entirely useless. These racials were actually (somewhat) useful back when they were a miss chance; now they have absolutely no effect on anything that matters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scyther250 View Post
    The Arcane resist (along with any other resistance racial) is useless in PvE and PvP.

In PvP, any half-decent caster will be spell pen capped anyway, completely negating it, and in PvE it doesn't stack with the resistances granted by Kings or MotW, so it's again entirely useless. These racials were actually (somewhat) useful back when they were a miss chance; now they have absolutely no effect on anything that matters.
    I re-state that as the most beautifully handsome race, we've no right to complain. Additionally we have magic brooms.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I use a Rainbow Generator and shoot pretty colours at people. It's not quite a Blood Elf racial but it damn well should be.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiandra View Post
    who wants to be a Blood elf anyway... especialy if its a Male one O.o
    Me. Because when I kill someone who has a typical idea of male blood elves, it is oh so satisfying. Oh, and it's fun when people look at your name and think you're some little anime, weaboo fanboy who just meets all those awful BE male stereotypes. Maybe I am; maybe I'm not. But I'll still own your face and top your dps meter.

And to the question about why they removed mana tap, it was a fun yet clunky mechanic. It used to be on a minute or two cooldown, and the charges it generated on you could stack three times. You had to stack that buff to three in order to get the full mana/energy return bonus when using arcane torrent. And, if you didn't mana tap three eligible targets close enough together, the buff would just fall off of you. So pretty much, arcane torrent was just an interrupt that you might get a little of your resources back from once and a while. Now it's surefire every time.

*Edit*

It had a 30 second cooldown. But the point still stands. :P
    Last edited by Neurodilation; 2011-03-22 at 02:34 PM.

I've always thought blood elves should get a polearm spec.
    Granted with polearm being basically only a a feral and hunter weap it should prob give something other then expertise

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Because:
    -They don't like to be a cow.
    this
    give another race (horde) for pally and i'll instant racechange
    Last edited by mmocc933290767; 2011-03-22 at 02:36 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    I use a Rainbow Generator and shoot pretty colours at people. It's not quite a Blood Elf racial but it damn well should be.
    You, Sir, win. Thanks for my new sig

Quote Originally Posted by Willelm View Post
    For PvP maybe. But have you ever had a tauren druid follow you around herbing the plant you're farming before your cast has even finished? No? Then be quiet.
    A 2sec stun and 5% more HP isn't bad either. not at all. I agree, cannibalize sucks, but will of the forsaken is great.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiera View Post
    A 2sec stun and 5% more HP isn't bad either. not at all. I agree, cannibalize sucks, but will of the forsaken is great.
    5% BASE health - its like 500 @ 85

Quote Originally Posted by Erathus View Post
    They arent bad at all the race with the worst racials are taurens/undeads imo.
    Undeads is the best HP in BGs / Leveling and WoTF is amazing in arena.

---------- Post added 2011-03-22 at 02:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Weed View Post
    5% BASE health - its like 500 @ 85
    try 5000 hp 5% of 100k = 5k.

10+ Year Old Account
    RIP mana tap.

I think our racials are fine, the major one is great. I feel naked without torrent.

Quote Originally Posted by rzy View Post
    try 5000 hp 5% of 100k = 5k.
    BASE health. As in, your health when you have no buffs and no armor (and thus no +stamina). No player race has 100k base health.

Quote Originally Posted by Raivosoturi View Post
    So currently Blood elves are the only race with 3 racials, all others have 4 or more, actually they've been ever since Mana Tap (i miss you) was removed in wotlk. So as Sunwell is restored, like many years ago, maybe 4th blood elf racial could be somekind of active buff, something like "Blessing of Sunwell" or something. If sin'dorei (and quel'dorei) were so reliant on Sunwell why don't they have any racial spell related to it?
    They do have a 4th racial...only race in the game with ALL females