Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    YEAH! New DLC. Every new comic cracks me up.

Deleted
    If people have a personal rating then premade groups should be voulentary. blizzard state that in arena you meet teams that are matched, so why cant a rated bg queue match too?
    I never even see people asking for others for rated bgs and therefore ive never managed to get in one.

The only pvp i play now after playing this game for 6 years is AV and TB and thats because I LIKE large scale pvp - something blizzard have pretty much killed off.

Quote Originally Posted by Deepone View Post
    I have to say, this is way, way off the mark. 1) It's "Massively" not "Mass" 2) Having several thousand people per game world doesn't mean you have to require team-building (LFD demonstrates this clearly). 3) Blizzard's rationale:

is absurd, and they know it. They had dozens of players submitting suggestions on the old suggestions forum for how to address exactly that, and many of those suggestions were viable. Most of the boiled down to, "make a more nuanced scoreboard for battlegrounds that counts at least a dozen different attributes of battleground performance, normalize and sum: there's your rating for this battleground."

If they did that, then no one would have to form a pre-made to succeed and gain rank, and yet it would most certainly not represent free gear.
    You're right, solo players should have access to high end gear on a silver platter just handed to them for logging in and running around in a BG. BGs shouldn't even reward gear at all, if you want to play solo then go play Dragon Age.

15+ Year Old Account
    The Q&A reminds me of the mayoral debate from Family guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YOh-rpvjYg

They had a lot of fluff and really didn't answer a thing...
    "Always wash your berries before you eat them...And fly towards the sun!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reve View Post
    They avoided a lot of questions many PvPers would be interested in. Sad, very sad...
    You and everyone else who keeps spewing random Blizzard hate should know that its US PLAYERS who vote for the questions that we want answered.
    You should've cast your vote. If you did, then ah well, the community chose THOSE questions. Blizzard wasn't the one to choose, it was the community.

And as we’re saying elsewhere, we think interrupts are too good in PvP overall
    Yet the patch notes for 4.1 say "All non-damaging interrupts off the global cooldown will now always hit the target. This includes Pummel, Shield Bash, Kick, Mind Freeze, Rebuke, Skull Bash, Counterspell, Wind Shear, Solar Beam, Silencing Shot, and related player pet abilities."

Comments made on the official forums in that Q7A thread on different accounts about people being unhappy with Frost mages in PVP were deleted faster than you can say: OP
    The official forums are a joke and the CMs responses are even more abysmal. Why do I even read the official forums, the CMs responses only tend to infuriate me instead of explaining anything. I would rather have no responses than this ridiculous damage control they are doing. Anything that points to a problem or an issue they are not fixing is ground for a ban just to shut you up.

Deleted
    What I get from this is that they design some classes and specs to be viable in lowend pvp and some classes and specs to be viable for high end pvp.

You wanna play that class then you'll have to be satisfied with reaching 2k if you're really good.
    You wanna play high end pvp then roll that class instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    Blizzard provides the same exact answers in this blue post as they do every blue post "It is a problem, and we will look into it, its just not a top priority right now". Seriously, hunter traps not being programmable to inherit the spell pen of a player? That may be the worst answer I have ever heard in my life from them. Also, a shadow priest nerf helping out warlocks? LOLWUT? Blizz fails in justifying anything they say, they need to understand that the mentality of play in a group or dont play at all, is WRONG in a game like WoW.
    You have to realize that with it being an MMO, being in a group with other players is kind of a big thing...If you want solo gameplay, go play something like DragonAge or Fable or something, not an MMORPG.

---------- Post added 2011-03-22 at 09:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    These Q&A sessions are just painful to read. What's the point if the answers we're hoping for contain maybe, possibly, likely,... wth.
    Why don't you actually go and cast a vote on the questions you'd like to see answered eh? People whine about the Q&A when they don't do anything about it. Like people who whine about the government when they didn't even vote at all. You can vote for the questions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by skylla05 View Post
    Try not taking it out of context next time.

Frost Mages are balanced on the high end, and if you disagree with that, you're probably ranked 1400 or lower and/or are bad at this game.
    8 not sharing dr snares are fine? Warrior and feral solo don't stand a chance against any mage. Let's say "OK BUT PVP IS ABOUT PLAYING IN TEAMS, NOT 1V1 L2P"
    Please, more arena I play against any mage, more I feel like I should stop it and start caring about my finger binded to dispell. 8 snares and you can do shit about it
    And yo, high end teams, got so many ferals and warriors? Nah, I don't think so.

Deleted
    Q: Why do hunter traps continue to be resisted when the hunter is both spell pen capped, and specced 2/2 into Survival Tactics? – Zubzar (North America/ANZ)

A: It is absolutely a problem though and we do want to fix it. <- WTF !?!?

Are they retarded. Every hunter EVER sat their fot in a arena game have asked for a fix for this for the last.. what... 3 years?
    YES its a BIG problem that our 30 sec CD CC is a friggin RNG fest that WE cant sort ourself. How friggin hard can it be to change it from spell capp to melee/range hit ? Its been done several times before.

Quote Originally Posted by FlowGlider View Post
    Blizzard is so full of shit...

Time to face facts:
    ...World PvP is dead, gone and will never recover
    ...There will never be a 1v1 PvP Balance
    ...WOW = world of face-book craft = get social or get out (sad)
    I lol'd so hard..oh on you have to be social in an MMO..madness!!! 1v1 Balance will never happen because Blizzard has already stated many years ago that they don't balance the game around noobs that think dueling is the shit.

my only question is what about warriors? we have given up defense, mobility and control for absurd amounts of damage but now that blizz is trying its hardest to take it away which is fair. my only question is will we be given any compensation is any other other areas of pvp that i mentioned earlier. (restoring intercept...fingers crossed) lol.

im just saying with less damage we need more uptime on targets and we are among the easiest class to control.

Blizzard is fucking retarded. Those Top AA developers working on TITAN better make the best game in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Mancake View Post
    As far as MMO's go WoW is probably the most solo friendly one of them all. Maybe you should stick to fps's or single player RPG's
    I'm playing DCUO, LotRO, and GW. I find each and every one of those more solo-friendly than WoW. GW2 and SW:TOR are also bound to be more solo-friendly than WoW currently is.

WoW was a benchmark on being solo-friendly and hassle-free when it launched, over 6 years ago. Now, when measured for it's casual and solo friendly nature, it's at best substandard among the better known MMOs. While WoW has become better with the time, the competition advanced even faster, currently eclipsing WoW in specific benchmarks.

"Even in Wrath of the Lich King, pick up raids didn't start becoming super common until a tier or two of content had already been released. The scenario you mentioned in your original post, of constant pick up raid spam in trade, didn't really occur until a bit later."

shows how much they know of the game, back in in start of wotlk being in a guild was hardly worth it, i used to pug naxx and OS every day with 4 different chars

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure I'm alone in this view, but I thought Wotlk got raiding just right. Naxxramas was puggable by about this time, and usually fun in a group. Ulduar wasn't puggable, ToC was. ICC eventually became pug friendly. This was really nice for alts.

We were given stuff to do at max-level. Taking raiding back to Vanilla or BC days is fine, but why not just give casual raiders an easy ZG/Karazhan/Naxxramas dungeon to hurl themselves at instead of this head up your own ass elitism

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    "Reuires battleground rating of 2200 OR personal and team arena rating of 2200 in 3v3 or 5v5 brackets". There is no team rating required if your personal RBG rating is 2200+, thus having random rated BGs would mean people could get gear from playing with randoms.

Also, PvE gear from vendors isn't close to being the "best" gear available. Valor gear is comparable to unrated Conquest Point gear.

Lastly, to answer all the people looking for a Deathmatch BG...it's called Arena.
    Unless Blizzard changed plans and I didn't notice, the only piece of gear that need ratings and is an improvement over the ones that don't require ratings is the weapon. The other rating-required gear was recolors of the non-rated stuff, just so the PvPer can show how badass he is.

10+ Year Old Account
    The fact that I don't even have healing wave on my bars in PvP obviously means we're not in the WotLK PvP model.

Herp.

Quote Originally Posted by Monsoon View Post
    Comments made on the official forums in that Q7A thread on different accounts about people being unhappy with Frost mages in PVP were deleted faster than you can say: OP
    The official forums are a joke and the CMs responses are even more abysmal. Why do I even read the official forums, the CMs responses only tend to infuriate me instead of explaining anything. I would rather have no responses than this ridiculous damage control they are doing. Anything that points to a problem or an issue they are not fixing is ground for a ban just to shut you up.
    it is like watching aljazeera channel (mmo-champion) covering the truth while the libyan channel (official forums) supporting their mad leader (he owns the channel), i was amazed by all the noobs over the official forum saying that they were happy for the answers and they even thanks the developers for the effort they made in answering those questions (which i think they did not even bother reading the questions as they let some random CM answer them) .