[Archaeology] Where to go from here?

Heya,

Just looking for some opinions on what rares to chase down for the rest of my Achievement.

I'm currently at 17/20 and have the following.

0/1 Troll - Missing Sword
    3/4 Dwarf - Missing Staff
    1/1 Orc
    1/2 Draenei - Missing The last relic of Argus
    3/6 Tol'vir - Missing Staff , Sword and Mount.
    1/2 Nerubian - Missing Blessing of the old god.
    1/1 Vrykul
    6/7 Night Elf - Missing the Doll.
    2/2 Fossil

In your opinion, what races should i be trying to get my rares from? / What races do you think will give me the rares in a timely manor. Haven't had a tol'vir rare in ~6 crafts.About 40 Night elf crafts since my last rare for them.

Just trying to get some feedback on what would be the fastest way to the Professor Title.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Styl; 2011-03-23 at 04:14 AM.

go for the draenei relic first, then best bet is to do kalimdor arch; nerubian isnt bad, but is about the same rate as tolvir

Thanks for the opinion, just as a update i'm now at 18/20 and picked up the Puzzle box.

Quote Originally Posted by Styl View Post
    I'm currently at 17/20 and have the following.

0/1 Troll - Missing Sword
    3/4 Dwarf - Missing Staff
    1/1 Orc
    1/2 Draenei - Missing The last relic of Argus
    3/6 Tol'vir - Missing Staff , Sword and Mount.
    1/2 Nerubian - Missing Blessing of the old god.
    1/1 Vrykul
    6/7 Night Elf - Missing the Doll.
    2/2 Fossil
    you can go to 1 of 4 places.

Outlands: 2 races you can Dig. Orc and draenai. you have only 1 rare you can get there. From my personal experience, and everything I have read both the orc and dranaei rares are extremely easy to get. Personally, i got all common and rares in outlands in 11solves and 18 solves. I'd suggest you go there first and knock it out.

Northrend: you have 4 races you can get there. Troll, night elf, Vrykul, and Nerubian. you can get 3 rares there. Getting troll there is a lost cause, same with night elf. My personal suggestion is dont go back to northrend till after the patch when they add the Vrykul rare. would be a waste of time.

Ok, so it comes down to Kalimdor, and EK. Kalimdor you can get 5 races.

The rares you have left to do are the ones that are typically hard to get, the doll, the sword, the staff, the nerubian, and anything tol'vir.

My suggestion: go to outlands and knock out that rare, then go to eastern kingdoms. in eastern kingdoms you have the possibilty to work on 4 races which will give you a rare. Night elf, Troll, Dwarf, and nerubian. Nerubian spots are low, but the other 3 are better averaged out then they are in Kalimdor. If Kalimdor there is only 1 dwarf site, and you could go weeks without a single site there, troll, there are only 3 sites, basically as rare.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Or you could wait till new archaeology items hit Although not sure when that will be....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavecryst View Post
    Or you could wait till new archaeology items hit Although not sure when that will be....
    I think thats in 4.1, which i guess will be live within 2 weeks. Will add around 5 new rares.

When i completed my 20/20 i had all yours + the doll + last relic of argus + blessing of the old god. Took me around 480 solves to get. Was very lucky on the doll though so you might have to work some for that additonal really rare item. Other 2 take some time but are doable imo.

Edit: Only 3 items --> Vrykul Drinking Horn, the Troll Drum, and the Ancient Amber.

So my advice. Go Northrend for vrykul/nerub when 4.1 hits. And choose a third one.
    Last edited by DevilHeart; 2011-03-24 at 10:29 AM.

Deleted
    lol archeology

15+ Year Old Account
    heh you should give up on tyrande's doll it's much like the cake