Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Patch 4.1 just made me buy Rift

Just posted this on blizzs site too

Well, after playing this game for nearly 4 years and seeing the ups and downs of buffs and nerfs I have finally had enough of Mages. Now before you go and say something like just roll a mage..I already have one but it is not my favorite class. My warlock is and I cant remember a time where locks needed a buff and either didnt get one but mages did or we got nerfed and mages just stayed flat. Before you go say well in BC you were OP or something of that nature what my class was like over 3 years ago matters not..THAT WAS 3 YEARS AGO!!! Mages have constantly been the best in pvp so much that that are more threads, complaints, and overall rages in various server trade channels about frost mages than any other class including DKs. Now they are getting a increased barrier and offensive buffs also..now my favorite spec is Aff which is a joke and still will be after patch..but what about my destro pvp brotheren..these poor guys keep waiting by the door like a puppy for its owner to get home for the next patch to have something for them only to find out .....nothing useful...and as far as Blizz answering a question about locks in pvp..they referred to shadow priests .....sidestepping a question like a politician...so oblivious that I cant believe no one proof read that and said something about how obvious it was that they basically asked a question with the right hand and snapped their fingers on the left and asked oooh what was that? did you see that?...what were we talking about now....oh yea ele shamans..you have got to be kidding me..I say farewell to you my fellow players and I hope that you enjoy your time with WOW as I have...but hopefully not in a continiously descending manner like me

That's a good story, you should throw it in the Good Story Basket so we can listen to it again later.
    Last edited by Bure; 2011-03-23 at 05:33 AM.

Honestly, nobody cares.
    Also, nobody at Blizzard's website cares either. Good bye, you won't be missed.

I'm not the one to bash people trying to get sympathy because they quit. But lately these threads are getting annoying.

Geez, I better not upgrade to 4.1. I already own a copy of Rift and it would suck to be forced to buy another.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    can i have your gear, oh nvm you'll be back within a week
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Hey i quit wow for rift too. Of course I'll be back. Just I wanna see if blizz pull their act together.

Quote Originally Posted by starkey View Post
    can i have your gear, oh nvm you'll be back within a week
    more like back for level 90. cataclysm is garbage, bored after 2 weeks.

Deleted
    Oh hello OP, I didn't bother to read your post after reading the topic, but farewell and may you never return!

And also, these "i quit wow for rift" threads needs to be a banable offense. Seriously, no one cares and they're only wasting forum space. Goddamnit I'm so tired of them. Spam at its worst.
    Last edited by mmoc409bdafe4d; 2011-03-23 at 05:31 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Your post made me smile for two reasons

1) You think we care
    2) You think Rift will be balanced

More 2 than 1.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Geez, I better not upgrade to 4.1. I already own a copy of Rift and it would suck to be forced to buy another.
    Oh my, this is hilarious.

So let me get this straight... You're leaving WoW because of ridiculous balance problems and you're going off to play...Rift. Methinks your thinkerbox is broked. I'm not saying Rift is bad. It's great for something just a little different but still WoW-esque. But balancing a game where people have 3 different specs at the same time and they can pick any 3 they want is impossible. They won't even get close to balance.

Deleted
    I love this guys that say will quit wow for rift! they make me laugh so much xD!!! who cares if you gonna quit ? nobody cares even blizz! so stop making this threads they are just annoying like hell.

If Blizz wasnt a copy of the other mmo's i would change too... but nothing new in Rift so we see you in one week or two.!

hey, this thing really sucks! but my frosted fauxhawk is teh coolest so buy it, bro!

cya in a week or two.
    moderators removed my signature picture because they can't get Glad like me.

Haters Gonna Hate

QQ more. I don't think that I saw enough sadness and disappointment in your post? Seriously though, go play Rift and we will see you soon. OH there's also a magical PvE aspect of WoW that is pretty amazing. You should check it out.

Since when has Affliction been a joke? Are we playing the same game?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    How many different specs does Rift have? Blizzard has an issue balancing with like 30 specs, like 15 pvp viable.. I can't imagine some company with almost no resources, no playerbase, and no experience in comparison to WoW to even come close to balancing 15, 30, much less 50-100+?

Also, 4 classes, no arenas, less pve (from what I've seen), a lot less content, very little content that you can play again (as we can play vanilla/tbc/wotlk content..solo, 5 man groups, w/e). I don't know, I'd get bored after about a month.

PvP will never be balanced in any MMO worth playing, ever, unless perhaps their is no PvE whatsoever, and even then....no. Don't understand why people haven't been able to understand this since it became extremely obvious week one of Arena in TBC and though the OP classes have changed, the concept has not.

Quote Originally Posted by Hauntdshadow View Post
    Just posted this on blizzs site too

Well, after playing this game for nearly 4 years and seeing the ups and downs of buffs and nerfs I have finally had enough of Mages. Now before you go and say something like just roll a mage..I already have one but it is not my favorite class. My warlock is and I cant remember a time where locks needed a buff and either didnt get one but mages did or we got nerfed and mages just stayed flat. Before you go say well in BC you were OP or something of that nature what my class was like over 3 years ago matters not..THAT WAS 3 YEARS AGO!!! Mages have constantly been the best in pvp so much that that are more threads, complaints, and overall rages in various server trade channels about frost mages than any other class including DKs. Now they are getting a increased barrier and offensive buffs also..now my favorite spec is Aff which is a joke and still will be after patch..but what about my destro pvp brotheren..these poor guys keep waiting by the door like a puppy for its owner to get home for the next patch to have something for them only to find out .....nothing useful...and as far as Blizz answering a question about locks in pvp..they referred to shadow priests .....sidestepping a question like a politician...so oblivious that I cant believe no one proof read that and said something about how obvious it was that they basically asked a question with the right hand and snapped their fingers on the left and asked oooh what was that? did you see that?...what were we talking about now....oh yea ele shamans..you have got to be kidding me..I say farewell to you my fellow players and I hope that you enjoy your time with WOW as I have...but hopefully not in a continiously descending manner like me
    You're awful and won't be missed

10+ Year Old Account
    Have fun with that. Rift PvP isn't balanced at all right now, nor do I think it will be for a long time.

I wish the whiny ex-WoW players would just quit MMOs. Blizzard shouldn't have to listen to the bitching, and Trion definitely shouldn't have to listen to the bitching. Sadly a growing part of the Rift community is just the WoW players having a pissy fit with Blizzard.
    I once had a character named "Clamslam" but Blizzard deemed it inappropriate.
    Retired from WoW: February 19, 2011. It was fun Blizz.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chorx View Post
    Since when has Affliction been a joke? Are we playing the same game?
    Seriously. Afflicion locks eat me alive on my hunter with their DoTs. Even if I manage to kill them, chances are their DoTs will finish me off.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers