Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by dakoth View Post
    This whole thread, from keybinds being "too slow" to someone using mouseovers being a "clicker", makes me /boggle irl.

- What's too slow about pressing a key next to your movement keys?

- A clicker is, by definition, and as Hypernetic already pointed out, someone who doesn't use their keyboard to activate abilities, but clicks on those abilities on the hotbars with their mouse.
    -Input pointless to the actual original question posed

-It is slower when you need to press and move, at least slower than a mouse button

-The whole click thing has obviously already been cleaned up.

Cheers though

i use healbot for heals and keyboard for shear and have no problems sounds to me like you are a clicker on your spellbar OP

Quote Originally Posted by Fannyd View Post
    Thanks, thanks!
    What is the easiest/best way to add a shift modifier into this so that it casts onto my focus target?
    I guess the safest would be to write two seperate macros, tie one to unmodified button 4 and one to shift modified button 4:

{name=Pu}
    /stopcasting
    /cast [@target,harm] Purge

{name=PuF}
    /stopcasting
    /cast [@focus,harm] Purge

Then tie Pu to button 4 and PuF to button 4+shift in the Clique user interface.
    Last edited by Maliander; 2011-03-23 at 12:48 PM. Reason: fast typing

Quote Originally Posted by Maliander View Post
    I guess the safest would be to write two seperate macros, tie one to unmodified button 4 and one to shift modified button 4:

{name=Pu}
    /stopcasting

{name=PuF}
    /stopcasting

<3 Cheers mate

Quote Originally Posted by Fannyd View Post
    -Input pointless to the actual original question posed

-It is slower when you need to press and move, at least slower than a mouse button

-The whole click thing has obviously already been cleaned up.

Cheers though
    It's really not slower, unless you keyboard turn.

If you are holding Q or E to strafe (or A/D) and turning with your mouse is it really that hard to hit "2"?

I spin jump wind shears on a healer while kiting a DPS in arena all the time, it's really not "slower" at all.

think your problem is grid and the way it uses your mouse curser to target heals for clique but one of the macro's above should help as it tagets and casts at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Maliander View Post

{name=Pu}
    /stopcasting

{name=PuF}
    /stopcasting

or just

/cast [mod:shift, @focus, harm] Purge; [@target, harm] Purge

Quote Originally Posted by Sorg View Post
    or just

Concise macros ftw - thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sorg View Post
    or just

Yeah, that would mean you'd only need a single macro per spell. I'm not sure if the modifier will be triggered when the macro is called by clique, which is why I suggested two seperate macros as "the safest" option. If the above macro works too, it's a better alternative. You may want to include a /stopcasting though, since especially Wind Shear usually means you'd rather not wait for your current cast to finish casting before using it.

i use healbot to heal so i dont need to target people to heal them. so i target who needs interupted, and focus if there is a second who may need this, and i bind E to wind shear and if i need to do the focus it is SHIFT E to wind shear the focus target.