Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    Deleted

What UI's shouldn't look like.

Sadly, that the title says, this is our main tanks UI.

Can we agree he should change it?

http://img13.imageshack.us/i/dontusethisui.jpg/

10+ Year Old Account
    Not the best, but far from the worst.

In Ulduar I was running 133 addons, it was so cluttered you could only see an inch box in the middle of the screen, just silly.
    Signatures are overrated.

Reminds me of that picture that people put on those motivational images saying this is the reason why people stand in fire.

Last edited by barker; 2011-03-23 at 01:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well if it works for him, then as the saying goes "don't fix what isn't broken."

Quote Originally Posted by Kvies View Post
    Sadly, that the title says, this is our main tanks UI.

Can we agree he should change it?

http://img13.imageshack.us/i/dontusethisui.jpg/
    how does he see fire?

http://i987.photobucket.com/albums/a...211_232735.jpg

this is mine and sometimes it feel cluttered

[Rothulivic] [Twitch] [Twitter] Signature by Serryn

15+ Year Old Account
    That is your TANKS ui?

I'm scared for you.

On a serious note, he can see what is going on so it's not that horrible. Granted he should take off recount, make omen smaller, and take down the graph.

Deleted
    Hey hey, don't ditch my UI.. I like it

UI addons are overrated, All I need is my omen 3, Recount and Threat plates and Im good to go.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...imtor/advanced

Grimtor - Protection warrior - The maelstrom EU.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finland, the night is dark and full of terrors.
    Not that bad actually, could be less messy though, yea.

I don't see anything wrong with it? lol jk

It could use a bit of a clean up, actually, alot a bit of clean up. But you can't make him do so, so it's up to him to do it himself

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldiron View Post
    But you can't make him do so, so it's up to him to do it himself
    We'll see bout that.

DISCLAIMER: UIs are made by players for themselves. I have nothing against anyone, just i'm looking to trends. The beauty stands in the eye of the beholder.

99.8% of worst UIs have Xperl

99.9% of worst UIs have SexyMap

99.7% of worst UIs have a fulgly bottom/top panel whom function is only to cut free space from the screen

100% of worst UIs are just a bunch of unconfigured addons thrown randomly on the screen with huge raid frames, huge recount/omen, and a combat text mod that only does mindless spamming.

@chemicader: while it's not a bad try, i can see much room for improvement on your UI. I'm sure that if you put some effort you can come out with a much better one.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2011-03-23 at 02:03 PM.

Deleted
    If you think my UI is bad now, you should've seen in WotLK.. Uff

---------- Post added 2011-03-23 at 02:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post

99.7% of worst UIs have a fulgly bottom/top panel whom function is only to cut free space from the screen

100% of worst UIs are just a bunch of unconfigured addons thrown randomly on the screen with huge raid frames, huge recount/omen, and a combat text mod that only does mindless spamming.
    What are those randomly thrown unconfigured addons you're talking about? Everything has a function :P

10+ Year Old Account
    the only addon anyone really NEEDS is bartender. all the rest just make it look pretty and only 1 person in your party/raid needs recount/skada

----------------------------------------
    you are now consciously breathing
    ----------------------------------------

15+ Year Old Account

Mine has both, and it's quite nice =(

http://i52.tinypic.com/2ahgzzm.jpg (My recount goes away during combat.)

I simply hate other unit bars.

Quote Originally Posted by Xallyon View Post
    If you think my UI is bad now, you should've seen in WotLK.. Uff

---------- Post added 2011-03-23 at 02:03 PM ----------

What are those randomly thrown unconfigured addons you're talking about? Everything has a function :P
    most of your clutter is due to your 4:3 monitor :P

10+ Year Old Account
    DISCLAIMER: UIs are made by players for themselves. I have nothing against anyone, just i'm looking to trends. The beauty stands in the eye of the beholder.

@chemicader: while it's not a bad try, i can see much room for improvement on your UI. I'm sure that if you put some effort you can come out with a much better one.
    You would hate me. I have sexymap, xperl, and sunn, which I recently disabled so I could see the bottom of my screen. But I enable it sometimes because it looks pretty. I'll have to take a screenshot, it works for me, I do fine in raids. I also have recount, omen, bartender and healbot. Those are the only ones that take up a small amount of my screen. I must say, it looks nice.

OT: It's a bit cluttered, but like a few people before me said, if it works for him then I suppose everything is fine...

10+ Year Old Account
    Without altering the UI (too much), there are several changes that can improve viability:
    - Reduce Recount to show 5 bars only. Change the background to transparent.
    - Reduce Omen to show 5 bars + self only. Change the background to transparent.
    - Remove the Recount HPS window. That's unnecessary.
    - I'm assuming the panel on the right shows cooldowns and durations. Remove it. You're clearly using Quartz's debuff timers, so having two mods track the same thing is foolish. Also, use OmniCC to easily see your cooldown time right on the spell icon.
    - Remove the large bottom panel, that simply reduces your viability by about 1/6th.
    - Configure Xperl to hide party portraits, that will give you more room. When the Grid is fully expanded to reveal the full raid, that'll block a large portion of your screen. Resize and configure it, then move it to a practical location.
    - Your map's background is larger than the map itself. Which makes no logical sense. Reduce the frame or remove it entirely.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish I had my UI from my molten core and so on days, I had barely any place left on my screen because of the goddamn CT raidframes and other crap.

Nowadays, I use (mostly) the default UI because so much that before required addons, can be done by default now.

15+ Year Old Account
    When running as many addons as your tank is, it is really only reasonable to do so if you are playing at highest resolution/bigger monitor/lower UI scale.... Those 3 things will free up so much space on your screen!

That is pretty bad, don't understand why he cares what raid hps are enough to have a full grid up for it. he can chop omen down to showing the top 3 on threat and move recount over to where that hps chart is and free up like half the screen