Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What does this mean?

Q: Can I hear your thoughts of the survival abilities of the Warlock on PvP? – Mccoll (Korea)

A: Overall, we think they’re fine. Warlocks in PvP often compare themselves to Shadow priest, and to be fair, Shadow priests have some very potent emergency buttons, particularly Dispersion. Warlocks have good self-healing (which also to be fair, was nerfed recently), abilities like Demonic Circle and fears that are good for both offense and defense. Once Shadow priests lose their defensive dispel capabilities, we think they will be less versatile and their entire package will be more comparable to warlocks.

Hi I'm an aff lock of 6 years, now is this trying to tell me that right now shadow priests are considerd better then warlocks due to there deffencive dispell so once thats gone then shadows will be worse then warlocks and that answers the question about warlock survivability?

It does seem to be saying that they believe the reason people complain about locks not having much survivability is due to shadow priests having more at the moment. So when they make spriest less survivable they expect people to feel better about their locks because there won't be a comparable class easily lasting longer than locks....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by helic View Post
    Q: Can I hear your thoughts of the survival abilities of the Warlock on PvP? – Mccoll (Korea)

A: Overall, we think they’re fine. Warlocks in PvP often compare themselves to Shadow priest, and to be fair, Shadow priests have some very potent emergency buttons, particularly Dispersion. Warlocks have good self-healing (which also to be fair, was nerfed recently), abilities like Demonic Circle and fears that are good for both offense and defense. Once Shadow priests lose their defensive dispel capabilities, we think they will be less versatile and their entire package will be more comparable to warlocks.

Hi I'm an aff lock of 6 years, now is this trying to tell me that right now shadow priests are considerd better then warlocks due to there deffencive dispell so once thats gone then shadows will be worse then warlocks and that answers the question about warlock survivability?
    I was a bit confused about this myself. It feels like a bit of a dodge.

Moved to the Warlock Forums.

Have a joke:
    - What does Dalliah and an engineer have in common?
    - They both blow locks!

Ba dum pshhh!

You have to realize how Blues have to post.

They're trained to do the following:
    Provide little to no information regarding the question at hand.
    Completely lead a post onto a completely unrelated part of the question.
    Let you know that they think x is fine, and y needs to be changed.

Once you realize this, you'll wonder why you even tried to ask a question in the first place.

Deleted
    That's the most mind-fucked answer I've seen in a long time (lol, not really). All I read is "lawl, i herd u think s.preists r better ! so we nerfed them so u can die while a s.prist dies next to u." Oh boy, Blizzard... Oh boy.
    Last edited by mmocfcdfd48e5e; 2011-03-23 at 03:19 PM.

Like I run shadow priest, lock, shaman for 3's, and this is not an answer from blizzard I want to hear because all they have told me is that now my partner shadow priest is more suseptable to dying than I am.

Its the same pish resto shaman get given when they ask for more utility in PVP "we think resto shaman utility is fine in PVP its just all the other healers have more"

Warlocks need a bit of a damage buff and affliction needs a GOOD dispel limiter (possibly a change to UA or the addition of another dot that makes your current dots undispellable for x seconds DKs can get undispellable diseases).

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree, that answer made absolutely no sense in relation to the question asked.

However, they do go on to acknowledge in the other questions that Interupts and Dispels are far to prevalent - both of these things are major issues that limit our survivability based on the fact that it now depends on our capacity to deal damage - something we can't do while our DoTs are dispelled ad nauseum and anything with a cast time is interupted. I await these big scary changes with baited breath. Who knows? Maybe they'll tempt me back into PvPing occasionally.

Hehe I had the same reaction. I was expecting some questions about warlocks and i was happy to see one. At first i was like: "Warlocks are fine, hmm ok ok cool, shadow pr...defensive disp...what the??? *brain exploded*

I was not expecting an answer like: "Yeah its true, warlocks are very squishy, we will buff soul link to 60% and make fear instant" But i dont know...i was expecting another answer.

Like Jessicka said, i think the real answer about general caster viability is the"big scary changes" they are talking about. I hope we will see more developpement about that soon.

Well they want instants to suck more than hard casts.... warlock , affliction, dps is based around alot of .... instant..... dots.....

This is basicly a huge slap to the face really. Teleport is a crock of green poo most of the time, our spells get cleansed so fast its not even worth it, and even if our spells stick they tick so weakly even the most minor of crappy hots can outheal it.

Idd love to see what thier "Big Scary changes" that should revolutionalize casters in pvp is but ill hold my breath on speculation because its obvious they think alot of people are going to freak out over it.

Quote Originally Posted by helic View Post

In my ears it basicaly translates to this:
    Q: Hi, are you aware that warlock survivability in PvP is shit?
    A: Yes, I am aware of that but dont worry. I know that SP's have way better survivability than you but once we nerf them to the ground you will both be crap and then you wont have to whine about it.

So basicaly blizzard thinks that our problem is that SP's have better survivability than us? Tbh, im not jealous of SP's, I really dont give a crap about them, the only thing that I wish I had is their single target dmg. Other than that they are not better than us. And WTF is wrong with this ppl, their whole idea of balancing is SO wrong. They are gona nerf class A, which is totally fine, just because class B is broken? How retarded are they? Seriously, im starting to believe that the devs in blizz are a bunch of clueless retards.

The good thing is that they are buffing frost mage again, they totally needed those buffs...

Quote Originally Posted by Seclorum View Post
    Well they want instants to suck more than hard casts.... warlock , affliction, dps is based around alot of .... instant..... dots.....

This is basicly a huge slap to the face really. Teleport is a crock of green poo most of the time, our spells get cleansed so fast its not even worth it, and even if our spells stick they tick so weakly even the most minor of crappy hots can outheal it.

Idd love to see what thier "Big Scary changes" that should revolutionalize casters in pvp is but ill hold my breath on speculation because its obvious they think alot of people are going to freak out over it.
    Hehe i bet those "big scary changes" will be something like kick, pummel, windshear...etc are now on a 15 sec cooldown. Abilities like fear, polymorph, Howl of Terror, etc.. are now on a 1 min cooldown. This should help casters to land a 2 sec cast between 2 stuns. bla bla bla

Nah seriously, im starting to be very cynical about pvp balance. I really like playing a warlock, i have 5 alt level 85 and i dont want to play them. I must agree that warlocks are not so bad in pvp. A very well played warlock can blow your mind. The "skill cap" is high i think, and thats why i love to play that class, you always have something to do to master this class.

The thing is sometimes even if i blow all my defensive cooldown, i feel useless against some good melees. Even if i juke, i get my ass kicked. Portal is a very poor excuse when you are not on a Z axis.

Without the ability to LoS portal is practically useless against all melee besides rets, and don't even get me started on them. We don't want to be fucking sp's I couldn't careless what their survivability is like. All we want from blizzard is to solve warlock pvp issues.

While Portal is often stated by non warlocks as such a great tool, it only is in very niche circumstances.
    It has to be set up in advance, kited away from to be at such a distance where the teleport will serve a purpose but not be too far away to be unusable.
    It cannot be easily used offensively, while most other distancing abilities can be used without prior preparation.
    I await those scary changes with baited breath but remain skeptical since the last such changes were to increase the cast time on CC's and give out more interrupts than before.

Deleted
    warlocks don't have a lot survival ablities in pvp obviously... you can use your hs, then use death coil,then teleport and FEAR ? can we even cast it ? what ? howl of terror ? that fears for hardly 2 seconds. all that skills may sound a lot but they are not! we can't regenerate any decent amount of health (only when we have a chance to use soul harvest O.o ). we are just nothing when we have to face melee cleavers! we can only be competitive when we fight casters.. (fear spam) and wtf where is the burst dmg O.o' ?

everyone is mad in this thread.

just stop playing a warlock. It's very very hard for me to shelve mine, 12k achiv points, 100 mounts (invincibles reins, crusaders white warhorse) 120k hk's. but im doing it because warlocks are awful, not fun and they are discouraging to play.

Play a mage or hunter. you will Love love love love love it. way more fun.

That answer was such garbage... Spriests do amazing DD burst and their dots aren't to shabby either. But yes their survivablity is pretty nuts since they can PW:S and Renew/PoM yourself. But that's not why i'm posting.

I agree with many of the above posters on a wide array of things. I know I quit playing my lock outside of raiding and even then I dread logging on for raids because I play Affliction (it is and has always been the spec I have played since I made the toon in Vanilla) and maybe I am to hard on myself but I feel like I only have a raid slot since they want HS and the CoE debuff. It feels like when I played an Ele shaman in BT/Hyjal, my guild only brought me along for the Hero and Ele Crit totem (not even joking).

As someone who pretty much plays to PVP now since you can't run heroics without it taking an hour due to idiots and the que, I will admit I quit my Lock in that area. I quickly got sick of going into a BG and getting facerolled by every DK in green gear that could Kick on CD and AMS. So now I PVP on a Rogue and Resto Shaman (yeah lol... they have their own issues that piss me off), and it is night and day. I don't get insta-gibbed and while I don't burn people down I have noticed a huge upswing in my fun to time ratio. Oh and Locks... they are meat lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    As I said over on the EU forums.

- Ignore the questions.
    - Ignore any 'class specific' references.

Just read it as a general rundown of their thoughts on PvP. They had questions they wanted to answer, and had answers ready for, but no one asked them so they shoe-horned those answers to fit the questions and obviously that has come across very badly - and not just for Warlocks. Hopefully these new 'conversational' blogs will better suit their needs in conveying those thoughts, than struggling to tell us stuff in such a roundabout way with this illusion of community participation.

Deleted
    resi will fix it. lol /jk tested resi and got up to 3800+ but still melee rips me apart