Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Will be interesting to see how many GM asshats gkick everyone and transfer with the gbank. I wonder if the transfers are tracked for members at all. Or if you're out, you have no idea where it went.

Guild Server Xfers? are we that close to April 1st?

great idea for another payed service. Now when you decide that 25$ is the cost for moving 1 line of code from one document to another that takes the automated computer system less than 5seconds to do if there is no que. Don't you feel great? And we wonder why gold is able to be sold, and why paying to lvl a toon on a differnt server is so popular. i payed my buddy 20ucks to get a priuest to 85 for me in a week. saved me 5$ and gave it to someone in need. Do that guys. dont pay blizzard for garbage services. They arnt using your money to better the game. (Their budget is fixed)

(Trolls)RUS

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by skylla05 View Post
    Because backend coding is totally done by the same people doing encounter design and 3D modeling.

Yup.

That's what happens when you compare apples to oranges while using ridiculous assumptions with a "hot topic" like gold selling to try and make a point.

Blizzard is a business. Their first priority is making money. Believe it or not, appeasing the playerbase comes second. The only people that paid transfers will affect to the point of losing a subscription, are naive/ignorant kids that think making money is a bad thing. Stop trying to fight the man, because in an environment like this, the man will always win.
    Well, making money is one thing, but remember Blizzard have to give something in return: a fun and fair game. I think providing this kind of service makes sense considering that guilds now have to be levelled up. Obviously, Blizzard doesn't want every guild to just start randomly doing it - that would ruin the experience for a lot of people. So, to make the experience best, they have to give some sort of disincentive to make sure you REALLY want it. The most obvious thing to do is simply charge for it, and make a little money out of it, but I'm sure the amount of actual money they get from it is pretty minimal compared to their other revenue.

If you don't like paying for it, don't pay for it. It's not like 10 dollars/euros/etc is really all that expensive, and I'd say it's worth it if you've put that much effort into your guild. And it's not like you're any worse off if you decide not to use it. It's just nice to have the option, y'know?

Quote Originally Posted by LilSin View Post
    I can see the guild transfer going so horribly wrong.... Help!! Been hacked, my guild is gone! Along with out 500K golds, crafting mats gears..

-Cough- Authenticator.
    Processor (CPU) - Intel Corei7 Six Core Processor i7-6850K (3.6GHz) 15MB Cache
    Memory (RAM) - 32GB HyperX PREDATOR DDR4 3200MHz X.M.P (4 x 8GB)
    Graphics Card (Dual) - 8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1070 - DVI, HDMI, 3 x DP - GeForce GTX VR
    Storage Drives - 1440GB HyperXSAVAGE 2.5" SSD, SATA 6Gb/s (upto 560MB/sR|530MB/sW)
    8TB SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 5900RPM, 64MB CACHE

But to pull off this more casual blog style, let’s establish a few ground rules:

1) No promises. I’m going to be talking about a lot of things we might do or things we could do. You shouldn’t interpret this brainstorming as patch notes.
    2) Don’t read too much between the lines.
    Yeah... Good luck with that one... Might as well not go there, becaue it WILL be interpreted as promises and there WILL be a lot of reading between the lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Alisyn View Post
    Will be interesting to see how many GM asshats gkick everyone and transfer with the gbank. I wonder if the transfers are tracked for members at all. Or if you're out, you have no idea where it went.
    Guildmasters can already do that (by just transferring their own character, obviously). They don't need to transfer guildbank to take everything out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockzilla View Post
    And you guys wonder why developers don’t want to post on the forum. Blizz is a company and companies want to (need to if they want to stay around) make money, this is evil. If you don’t want the service then don’t use it, others of us would like the option to do so.

Nobody up till now charged for such things as guild name change. Every MMO I was in, the game master changed the guild name propmt if you asked nicely. Whenever I asked a GM to change my guilds name I got a reply that this is not possible and is against the rules. Sometimes some people got lucky and the name change was done, assuming the original guild name was offensive or had something else that would suggest a rename.

However now I will be able to change the guilds name at a price - which is laughable to say the least. If GMs can do it within a second or two (if they see fit), why would they demand money for that. Don't give me Blizzard is a company and want to make money answer, since there's tons of developers/publishers/companies that don't charge for such basic thing except for Blizzard ofc. I was quite quiet up till now with their grossly overpriced services for everything, but I just can't be quiet anymore - this has gone too far in my book.

And since they are a company, doesn't mean I or we have to swallow everything they present us with smiles on our face, especially if it's so obviously greedy stuff.

Wouldn't buffing tank damage and making it an important part of dps requirements for enrage/add timers etc quickly make hit and expertise valuable, while not forcing the need for maxing out (which has been the problem with silences and parrygibs) ? Considering they are by far the 2 most effective dps stats.

Wow.. never thought of it like that. This just means you need to be more careful who you guild with. Overall, I think this is a good idea, especially for small guilds. With that addition of Guild leveling, it just seems natural that you would want this.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasz View Post
    So a GM can up-and-run to another server, change the guild name, his name, he race and faction?

I guess this means that if your GM wants to move, he will move and take the guild bank with him. Maybe you are not making good enough progress and he wants to try another realm. While giving a GM this power, the small guys like us ..... lose all our guild perks.

VERY bad idea IMO.

Novel idea...wait until you see all the details about the service.

But no...all you wanna do is bitch..basically about everything

Quote Originally Posted by DaveyMcDave View Post
    Obviously, Blizzard doesn't want every guild to just start randomly doing it - that would ruin the experience for a lot of people.
    Thats the point, what is stopping everyone doing it? If my guild decided to get up and leave, there would be no way on earth I would pay to change realms too.

Think about it from a business move though. 15 quid * 25 players = 375 quid. Im sure people wouldnt batter an eye lid at 15 pounds, but I refuse to pay them any more money.

This is the generation of free to play mmorpgs, not pay pay pay pay to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockzilla View Post
    And you guys wonder why developers don’t want to post on the forum. Blizz is a company and companies want to (need to if they want to stay around) make money, this is evil. If you don’t want the service then don’t use it, others of us would like the option to do so.
    Stop trying to defend the indefensible. There is a difference between making a profit and being outright greedy. Blizzard has become greedy.
    All you people blathering about "a company has to make a profit" need a lesson in morality.
    Blizzard is already making hundreds of millions if not billions in profit, when is enough enough?
    And don't give me that crap about "the law says they have to make a profit" that fucking law was passed to stop companies from deliberately having losses to get tax write offs not as a tacit go ahead to abandon all morality for profit.

The best bit is possibly how in Europe, they changed the idea from "watercooler" to "Coffee with..."; that's localisation for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    ¨Blizzard are getting more and more ideas on how to get all our money
    Damn how much i hate them.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolly View Post
    I knew Blizzard had turned into a stinking pile of shit when they started profiting off the backs of charities with pet sales.
    Seriously where do they get off donating money to people in need!? What a bunch of assholes, it would be way better if they just kept all the money from pet sales for themselves! That would totally make them not a stinking pile of shit right?

Deleted
    more paid services, brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by Rolly View Post
    Paid guild name change and server transfer. bwahahahahahahahahahaha So now the real reason for guild perk implementation comes out.
    I knew Blizzard had turned into a stinking pile of shit when they started profiting off the backs of charities with pet sales.
    /facepalm

Since when is Name changing or Server changing ever been free? Your only an idiot if you think that it was going to be free. There's no conspiracies or evil plot behind this. It's common sense. Please remember you don't have to pay for any of these things it's just an Option for those That do.

And if Blizzard are so bad Quit the game and don't return. I promise you won't be missed sir

People will whine about anything.

If you really thought this service would be free, what are you thinking? It's not any different than paying for a server change, only now you're paying a little extra to keep your guild in tact.

People whining about how a guild leader can abuse this, hello? A guild leader can already take everything from the bank, disband the guild / kick you out of it, and then transfer to another server anyway. How does this service make things any different?

1. Several friends all want to switch realms so they can join the same 'better' guild. They all make a guild on their current server and pool money for a guild transfer instead of paying for individual transfers.

2. A player has 10 85s on the same server, including a guild bank for their personal use. This will let me move my team of characters around much more freely.

Can't wait to see more details on this.
    Don't think it works like that, you x-fer as the guild leader and your guild comes with you, not the players. They would have to x-fer themselves, and if they did, could retain their guild name and rep in that guild.

I guess this means that if your GM wants to move, he will move and take the guild bank with him. Maybe you are not making good enough progress and he wants to try another realm. While giving a GM this power, the small guys like us ..... lose all our guild perks.
    You mean the outcome would be exactly the same if that GM today did the same thing and looted the bank, scuttled the guild and then x-ferred to a new server on his own?!? Or just booted all the members and stayed on the same server. Or so on...

D-bag GM's (and players in general) existed before, during and will continue long after WoW has run it's course.