Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Release everything but slate, stack up, and AoE the crap out. Soon as whelps are dead.. kill lowest dragon>second lowest dragon and last dragon. Kill order does not matter at all. Slate remains chained the whole fight, pointless to release him.

We are using 4 healers, 2 tanks and 4 dps for this fight. Altough its posseble to 3 heal it if all of your healers are in ~359 gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    You release all of the drakes except slate at the start you pop lust and burn 2 drakes down while the whelps die from splash aoe. not sure why both of your locks are destro when both of the other specs are better on the fight. but you guys should be able to burn down 2 drakes in the time of lust and whelps should be almost dead or dead before lust ends with 2 shadowflames being used on cd and 2 infernals.
    I did this in december with 2 tanks 4 healers and 4 dps and our dps setup was Me a demo lock,marks hunter,fire mage , and a rogue. This was done pre nerf with 2 resto druids a holy pally and one smite priest with a druid and warrior tank setup. None of us had more than half epic gear.
    Last edited by kushlol; 2011-03-24 at 08:50 AM.

You can 3heal it with even 2 healers in average gear of 355, and 1 in 347 or whatever i was there.

Have your druid go feral tank, priest go disc (you heal untill the boss gets his first 100% dmg buff, then spam smite)

With a disc priest, your other healers can really just spam most their mana away in phase 1, cause when all drakes are dead, the priest is basicly solo healing the raid (average of 45k normal smite heals, 70k+ crits) and he does not go OOM, just tell all to be within 15 yards of halfus for the smite heals.

With 3 tanks there is a few different ways you can do it, have 2 tanks tank 2 drakes each (whelps count as drakes) and 1 tank tank halfus, and you do the BoP trick, but if you don't have a paladin, you wanna change it a little bit.

Have your best geared tank pickup whelps+time warden, your other tanks pickup storm and nether scion (1 each) and rotate their debuffs on halfus. Have all DPS burn down time warden while rotational AoEing, mages spread their dots, but don't bother use a bunch of AoE, since its not needed unless you have like no AoE classes.

If you do this with a boomkin+mage, the whelps die so fast, but even then, tank AoE is a HUGE factor, they will do most of the damage on whelps passively, and they should die when the second drake is dead if its just tanks, but if you have high passive AoE classes, then they will probably die when time warden is dead.
    Kiea from Solidarity EU, Tarren Mill.
    Stream (Thursday 21:00 | Sunday 19:45 | Monday 19:45).

Deleted
    3 tanks, 3 heals. Faceroll. Clear stacks with Hand of Protection and give your tanks a /cancelaura Hand of Protection to macro to their most spammed abilities. We found killing the whelps last to be the most effective since reducing damage was the key to winning for us, but it's honestly a very simple fight now since the change last month.

It costs like 66g and 5 minutes at MOST to respec, I don't see what's the problem to ask your Resto Druid to go bear.

We spent an entier night wiping on this last night, and in the end after changing the way we did it 2 shot it.

We had our DK tank on Halfus + Nether, Me the warrior tank on Welps/Time/Storm. Leaving Slate alone

Pulled everything at the start, with a DPS kill order of Storm/Time/Nether (Welps were just dead from mage combustion and my Rend/Cleave/Shockwave spam). and used HOP to clear the MS Stacks when they DK called for it (Which ranged from 10-11 stacks afaik). then switched every 5-6 stacks. had around 20 seconds on the enrage timer when we finally killed it.

Our healer comp was Pally/Druid/Druid

DPS: Mage(Combustin), Mage (Who was shit and didnt), Spriest, Hunter, Enha Shaman.
    Last edited by Smoosher; 2011-03-24 at 11:07 AM. Reason: Typos

Deleted

Halfus HC

We do it with two tanks and three healers.

our tactic is basicly: I as druid tank tank halfus + Nether scion, the DK takes Storm + time, We BL and kill time first, by this time I have around 8-9 stacks, I get a HoP, they burn down stormrider the DK is ready to taunt halfus when I get 5 stacks and I taunt of the storm + scion of him (dont do it after 5 stacks, since the drakes still hurt, specially when you're tanking all of them)., when storm rider dies we release whelps, kill nether scion + aoe down whelps. and leave slate dragon sleeping.

key mechanics that can really help you is

Swap tank at 5 after first HoP, Single target the drakes down, release whelps when there's only 1 drake left, literally CHAIN all your cds as a tank all the time.
    tell your Hpaladins to Aura mastery before scorching breath(!) tell your rogue to go combat, as any combat rogue will pull up to 60k+ dps on this encounter and is a great help as soon as the 1st drake dies he will go insane on the remaining ones, if you feel that you have no chance doing this, you might be undergeared but there's always ways around it, as 3 tanks you can just have a prot pala preferably tank 2 drakes at all times and the other two tanks just swap halfus and 1 drake(untill it dies)

GL and hope you down it
    /Traumone <Prominent>

Deleted
    Thanks for the tips so far.

Anyway, the druid will definately go feral if that's absolutely required, but we'll try it with 2 tanks and 4 healers before going with 3 tanks and 3 healers. And we're going with 2 tanks and 3 healers for some tries atleast in any case since I'm fairly sure we should be geared enough to pull it through: Every single player in the raid is at most three items away from being full 359 with the exception of the second paladin healer, but he isn't far from that either. The better geared paladin has a prot spec too actually and a decent - but not as good as the druid's - gear, but I doubt she'll be too happy to go prot for the fight.

But yeah, reason I didn't post logs or anything is, like I said, that we didn't have that many tries. This thread was mostly to make sure I'm not doing anything too wrong and to get general tips. I'll definately post more details once we've had a decent amount of tries instead of only the few we had yesterday and if we still can't get him down. We still have Nefarian left on normal like I said, so it might be a priority to get the title and the ugly mount first. We raid only about 6 hours per week unless there's a specific reason for having an hour or two more so we don't have that much time for progress even though clearing 11/12 currently doesn't seem to take too long.
    Last edited by mmoc4515b91cb7; 2011-03-24 at 01:08 PM.