Thread: ElvUI

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

ElvUI

Just downloaded ElvUI and I'm really pleased with it. My only annoyance so far is the tooltip showing over Omen/Skada frames as seen here:

Does anyone know how to make the tooltip show above the frames like it does when the right chat window is shown?

/moveui unlocks a bunch of stuff. Just move the tooltip where you want it.

Quote Originally Posted by OneQuickSS View Post
    /moveui unlocks a bunch of stuff. Just move the tooltip where you want it.
    Lol I had to look around the UI a bit to see the tooltip frame down at the bottom, thanks a bunch /moveui worked :] .

Quote Originally Posted by Terenas Menethil View Post
    Lol I had to look around the UI a bit to see the tooltip frame down at the bottom, thanks a bunch /moveui worked :] .
    You could also setup skada in two windows, one to display threat, the other to display damage. Then set embedright to skada under addons in the config. It should resize the two windows for you to fit inside the right chatbox, then the tooltip will not overlap.
    Last edited by Elv; 2011-03-24 at 03:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elv View Post
    You could also setup skada in two windows, one to display threat, the other to display damage. Then set embedright to skada under addons in the config. It should resize the two windows for you to fit inside the right chatbox, then the tooltip will not overlap.
    I'll try that out soon, haven't used Skada for threat before.

How do you make ElvUI have 3 stacked action bars instead of 2 with the split bar?
    Like...
    ----
    ----
    ----
    instead of
    --- --- ---
    --- --- ---
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

Quote Originally Posted by Dald View Post
    How do you make ElvUI have 3 stacked action bars instead of 2 with the split bar?
    Like...
    ----
    ----
    ----
    instead of
    --- --- ---
    --- --- ---
    Set the Resolution Override to "Low". Then when you unlock the frames you can hit the "+" sign above the action bars and it'll add a third row.

thanks a lot
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

Ah yes, I forgot about that one. I move my minimap and Recount/Omen down there so that doesn't work for me but it is an awesome feature Mr. Elv

Okay so I tried this and it works but after a heroic I much prefer Omen for threat. How can I do this but with Omen?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tibben View Post
    Set the Resolution Override to "Low". Then when you unlock the frames you can hit the "+" sign above the action bars and it'll add a third row.
    How do I set Resolution Override to low? where is this setting.

Has anyone else noticed issues where using ElvUI's built-in chat causes it to censor any posts with Links in them?

For example, if anyone is linking a raid lockout or an item, ElvUI blocks the post, making trade chat useless. However, I really like the way the UI mods the chat, and would like to keep it.

Has anyone figured out a way to fix this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by frownface2000 View Post
    Has anyone else noticed issues where using ElvUI's built-in chat causes it to censor any posts with Links in them?

For example, if anyone is linking a raid lockout or an item, ElvUI blocks the post, making trade chat useless. However, I really like the way the UI mods the chat, and would like to keep it.

Mine doesn't do that...

*Hi-jacks thread*

Hey, anyone know how to remove the chat box on the right side so I can just have Skada there? I can 'minimize' it but when I reload or whatever it comes back; I want to get rid of it fully.

I also apparently managed to turn off my right chat window...anyone know how to turn it back on in the new version?

Quote Originally Posted by frownface2000 View Post

Happened to me once while using tukui. Right click on your chat window and make it interactive.

bottom right of your left chat frame, should be an L, this does the same thing as /moveui if you click it

13/13M Jubei'thos - Oceanic 8th - US 53rd

Nvm, I figured it out
    Last edited by Eloosive; 2012-08-09 at 07:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    How do you split Skada in ElvUI skins?! I want Damage and Healing in the same chat frame but in different windows.
    Back in my day, we killed bosses 400 times a day...uphill both ways...in the snow...and we fucking liked it. In related news, I hear that uninstalling WoW completely from your hard drive and then reinstalling it resets your RNG numbers. -septor

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tumadre80 View Post
    How do you split Skada in ElvUI skins?! I want Damage and Healing in the same chat frame but in different windows.
    Just create a second window with Skada. IIRC it should automatically set it up like that. Maybe a reload.

http://www.tukui.org/addons/index.php?act=view&id=50
    Or try that. One of the two works.
    Last edited by Sockgoblin; 2012-11-09 at 03:11 AM.