Can't forget to eat! I've been sitting here just gawking at my monitor for the last 10 minutes. If I die, do you think they have SWTOR in heaven?

10+ Year Old Account
    FML the only time i go afk today and i miss the bloody infos Hopefully there is some youtube later god damn.

*edit* ehh nvm RAGE BEFORE READING just read this bit under the broadcast video "If you can’t make it for the live broadcast, don’t worry, we’ve got your back – a full replay of the press conference will be posted right here as soon as the event is over."
    Last edited by Ujio; 2011-08-16 at 02:49 PM.
    (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง ᴛʜɪs ɪs ᴏᴜʀ ᴛᴏwɴ sᴄʀᴜʙ (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง - (ง •̀_•́)ง ʏᴇᴀʜ ʙᴇᴀᴛ ɪᴛ! (ง •̀_•́)ง

Quote Originally Posted by Papabudkin View Post
    Str - increases the damage of your melee
    Aim - increases the damage of your ranged
    Endurance - increases your health
    Cunning - increases the damage and healing of your tech
    Will - increases the damage and healing of your force power
    Tech Power - increases the effectiveness of your tech abilities
    Force Power - increases the effectiveness of your force abilities
    Defense - increases your chance to dodge, shield, and be missed
    Damage Reduction - Decreases the damage you take
    Shield - increases the absorption of your power shield
    Absorption - increases the amount your shield absorbs
    Critical Strike - increases your chance to critically hit
    Keep in mind that regardless of what the mouseover says, the str/aim/will/cun are limited to core classes and do very little for a class that it isn't designed for.

str = knight/warrior
    will = cons/inquis
    aim = troop/bh
    cun = smug/agent

and those 4 modify (respectively) all damage and healing for the above classes. In other words you will never want willpower as a knight, or aim as a smuggler now.

10+ Year Old Account
    the secret world trailer looked pretty good
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

It comes down to the definition of each ability under your ability window. I would guess that all attacks for SI will be force powers, even the melee ones because they are force infused or something. Gun classes and physical jedis have to pay real close attention because different AC want different stats. Tanking troopers use a lot of tech abilitiies and want more cunning while commandos want aim but healers want cunning. Jedi Knights need will for crap like their aoe stuns and pushes, but strength for their activated attacks. I'm pretty positive that SI and consulars never need str, however
    I see. I guess the only way to know will be playing the game myself, but that is some solid info. Thanks for the insight.

Quote Originally Posted by Akio View Post
    Funny how The Secret World gets a release date MONTHS ahead of time and we've got nothing yet for SWTOR. :\
    SWTOR has to be strategic about their release date, Blizzard has the guns loaded with Diablo 3 and (less importantly) WoW 4.3. A badly timed release date could screw up their initial sales.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Raz415 View Post
    LOL. Blonde, attractive woman sitting in the raid group? 2 conclusions: 1: she's the Sorceror 'camera man'. 2: they gonna wipe :P

J/k, it was soooooo short, but it was good
    I think you would be surprised, there are some hardcore gamers and awesome raiders who are attractive females. My old WoW guild had a number of them and most will be coming to my TOR guild (insert recruitment message here, j/k).

My wife is one of the type you would see raiding hardcore, although some say since she's half asian she it is normal. Once I get my Star Wars game room finished she is going to let me take a pic of her and the room together since it was her idea, maybe I can slip it under the radar and upload it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shilien View Post
    Keep in mind that regardless of what the mouseover says, the str/aim/will/cun are limited to core classes and do very little for a class that it isn't designed for.

str = knight/warrior
    will = cons/inquis
    aim = troop/bh
    cun = smug/agent

and those 4 modify (respectively) all damage and healing for the above classes. In other words you will never want willpower as a knight, or aim as a smuggler now.
    that is actually untrue, somewhat. I did testing on a trooper because they have such a strict barrier between aim and cunning. Cunning increases teh damage of their grenades and main threat attacks while aim increases their finishers, basic attack, and the effectiveness of their armor piercing

15+ Year Old Account
    Suck it Europe. We don't even care about soccer and we get FIFA 12 2 days earlier than you.

Bloodsail Admiral Melanieshaman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    remember wasn't it:

Tuesday
    Electronic Arts Press Conference Live Blog and Live Stream: 7AM PT / 10AM ET / 4PM CET

Wednesday
    Early Access Press Day
    More TBA

Thursday
    Floor Hours: 1AM - 11AM
    3:45AM - 4:00AM Star Wars: The Old Republic Producer Presentation

Friday
    Floor Hours: 1AM - 11AM
    3:45AM - 4:00AM Star Wars: The Old Republic Producer Presentation

Saturday
    Floor Hours: 12AM - 11AM
    3:45AM - 4:00AM Star Wars: The Old Republic Show

Sunday
    Floor Hours: 12AM - 9AM
    3:45AM - 4:00AM Star Wars: The Old Republic Show

Note: All times are Pacific Standard Time except where noted as Central Europe Time. Make sure to update your clocks if you are attending or watching the website for updates. The schedule is subject to change and currently in flux so we'll be sure to update this post if it does.

source: Darth Hater.com

that is actually untrue, somewhat. I did testing on a trooper because they have such a strict barrier between aim and cunning. Cunning increases teh damage of their grenades and main threat attacks while aim increases their finishers, basic attack, and the effectiveness of their armor piercing
    You need to play more, apparently. Sorry don't mean to be insulting but I cannot stand incorrect information. Cunning does modify tech attachs, but aim modifies blaster AND tech AND healing. You do not want cunning as a trooper, ever.

What you're saying was valid last build, not anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Suck it Europe. We don't even care about soccer and we get FIFA 12 2 days earlier than you.
    It's only fair to give ya some time to practice tactics.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Devirae View Post
    It's only fair to give ya some time to practice tactics.
    Tactics? Kick ball at net hurr durr.

How the heck am I going to find time to play Madden, NHL, and FIFA? I wish they could stutter those games by more than a couple weeks lol.

well there is no comparative sources and the NDA makes it hard to theorize so all i could go on was observations, i was unsure so i tested more cunning and less aim on all the tech abilities and i saw noticeable gain, i do not however have the exact numbers, i can take your word for it, but i will also look into it myself

10+ Year Old Account
    BF3 Co-op looks AMAZING

10+ Year Old Account
    at least today seems to be going pretty good, that new Real ID feature for cross server instancing was made free heh, and BF3 is looking pretty good
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akio View Post
    Funny how The Secret World gets a release date MONTHS ahead of time and we've got nothing yet for SWTOR. :\
    The release date is on the main site, the game is coming out this year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shamburger View Post
    bf3 co-op looks amazing
    "awww shit i got spotted!"
    (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง ᴛʜɪs ɪs ᴏᴜʀ ᴛᴏwɴ sᴄʀᴜʙ (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง - (ง •̀_•́)ง ʏᴇᴀʜ ʙᴇᴀᴛ ɪᴛ! (ง •̀_•́)ง

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamburger View Post
    BF3 Co-op looks AMAZING
    Yeh man, looks sick!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omians View Post
    at least today seems to be going pretty good, that new Real ID feature for cross server instancing was made free heh, and BF3 is looking pretty good
    I think everyone should have seen that coming lol. I would be very surprised if they would stick to something like that being "VIP" while facing rapidly decreasing subs. If they went F2P I could see it being for pay, but not when you lost ~17% of your subscribers and need to do anything you can to hold on. Good to see they haven't lost all of their senses yet.