10+ Year Old Account
    So... honestly didn't want to rummage through the numerous pages of NDA "discussion" and other trash that appears in this thread lately, but has anything of note been posted within the last idk, 10 pages or so?

Deleted
    anything worth seeing is collected here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=380477

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    So... honestly didn't want to rummage through the numerous pages of NDA "discussion" and other trash that appears in this thread lately, but has anything of note been posted within the last idk, 10 pages or so?
    http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=380477

Very good resource for all the Gamescom news. I believe Alterswtor also had an update on Operative skills. I personally don't care for most of the origin world gameplays (we've seen them a dozen times already) but I was a big fan of Totalbiscuit's. There are also 2 Huttball videos showing matches, along with the official Huttball trailer from Bioware.

Another old Q&A on beta cake with a question about a build from 18 days ago, jeez why oh why does he keep stringing stuff out, those q&a's go out of style fast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZH610XP1es

another gamescom interview

-confirmed same gender romance is not in the game. I'm glad to hear that, especially after the mess of Dragon Age 2. expect to hear a lot of whining though...
    -60 novels worth of story quests
    -dumb questions as usual "can every class get a jawa companion?" sigh....
    -didn't really answer much about beta weekends other than if you haven't sign up do it now

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mystik View Post
    -dumb questions as usual "can every class get a jawa companion?" sigh....
    Why is it that seemingly every interview and every person in a QA has apparently done 0 research on the game? Who queues up in a QA line for a game they know nothing about?

I didn't watch the video, but I assume she also asked about spaceship customization.

---------- Post added 2011-08-20 at 09:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by tarconus View Post
    Another old Q&A on beta cake with a question about a build from 18 days ago, jeez why oh why does he keep stringing stuff out, those q&a's go out of style fast.
    I think I am deleting my bookmark for BC. That site is a worthless pile of garbage since he switched to his own site. The QA posted recently is yet another one full of inconsistencies, lies, and opinions rather than a true QA. Hows space combat? Its a boring pile of burning shit. Hows end game? Its boring and repetitive like WoW. And on and on. Each QA post should have the player take a unique screenshot in game and submit it with their QA, censored of course for names. That would be the only way to confirm these people are actually in beta because a couple of the more recent ones are questionable at best. Either all of BCs sources got kicked out of beta and no one is leaking or the guy just has no interest in posting anything relevant to the only game getting him page views.

Sidenote: lol at the page counter on BC being fake according to tracking sites for hits.
    Last edited by conscript; 2011-08-21 at 01:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Why is it that seemingly every interview and every person in a QA has apparently done 0 research on the game? Who queues up in a QA line for a game they know nothing about?
    That's like assuming everyone knows about MMOC or EJ. Which, we all know, is not true.
    Last edited by Buckwald; 2011-08-21 at 01:22 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwald View Post
    That's like assuming everyone knows about MMOC or EJ. Which, we all know, is not true.
    Well you'd think if you were interested enough to stand in line for hours to get in a room to watch a presentation, then stand in line to ask a question you would at least have a basic understanding of the game. Every QA session has at least a couple people who it is like just hear about TOR on Wednesday while driving to the convention. It would just make a lot of sense if the people who were rapidly lining up to ask a question were people who actually have been following the game forever, not Steve the guy who just found out about the game.

If it were me and I was just being introduced to the game and there was a Q&A, I'd sit and listen, not waste a question. Way I see it, the ones that line up -should- be the ones who have been following it and have questions that can't be answered anywhere else. Just seems like the respectful and right thing to do. I'd go home and look up stuff online afterwards.

But, that's me.

10+ Year Old Account
    along the lines of the QA stupid questions, i think they should make anyone who wants into the beta write an essay on how they would go about reporting bugs, how much time they have to test...etc. would cut out on alot of the "loliminbetabuthavenointentionofeversubmitinganysortofvalidbugreportlollookatthenerdsbusti nnuts"

can also be considered "elitist" i suppose. but, c'mon. alot of us on here seem to have ample free time (like me) and would most likely pay a few bucks to get in and help make them snag every possible bug/glitch.

/rant

Quote Originally Posted by randomone05 View Post
    along the lines of the QA stupid questions, i think they should make anyone who wants into the beta write an essay on how they would go about reporting bugs, how much time they have to test...etc. would cut out on alot of the "loliminbetabuthavenointentionofeversubmitinganysortofvalidbugreportlollookatthenerdsbusti nnuts"

can also be considered "elitist" i suppose. but, c'mon. alot of us on here seem to have ample free time (like me) and would most likely pay a few bucks to get in and help make them snag every possible bug/glitch.

/rant
    Yeah the tribes beta for the new game has you fill a little one out, I am not in that though although i loved tribes when it was out. Most unique fps I have played to date. Problem with non random invites is the spam for asking for one, why wasn't my essay good enough ect. Look what happened when they said guild invites weren't totally random.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah the tribes beta for the new game has you fill a little one out, I am not in that though although i loved tribes when it was out. Most unique fps I have played to date. Problem with non random invites is the spam for asking for one, why wasn't my essay good enough ect. Look what happened when they said guild invites weren't totally random.
    true, but im sure a system or legal wording would make the "why am i not in? i spent years on that write-up! i hate u!" irrelevant. something like "one per person" or "we have the right to accept these on our terms of desirable testers." im sure some random system could also go into it. like the put the best ones in a hat and draw X amount out every week/month.

Quote Originally Posted by randomone05 View Post
    true, but im sure a system or legal wording would make the "why am i not in? i spent years on that write-up! i hate u!" irrelevant. something like "one per person" or "we have the right to accept these on our terms of desirable testers." im sure some random system could also go into it. like the put the best ones in a hat and draw X amount out every week/month.
    Oh I wasn't saying legally just the amount of QQ would be deafening

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh I wasn't saying legally just the amount of QQ would be deafening
    let the QQ flow lol. im sure our tears about not being in beta atm sustain SR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stinkfoot82 View Post
    Best double check your pre orders!

http://kotaku.com/5832876/ea-confirm...ill-be-limited

Top Stories

Full size
    star wars: the old republic
    By Owen Good Aug 20, 2011 1:00 PM
    8,592 105
    EA Confirms Launch Copies of Star Wars: The Old Republic Will Be Limited

In an effort to manage capacity on the day the MMO launches, Electronic Arts has capped the number of physical and digital copies of Star Wars: The Old Republic. The actual figure is unknown, but once it's reached, no more will be sold until EA can add server capacity to accommodate more players.

Gamasutra yesterday got the publisher to confirm and clarify an earlier report of limited availability. "We are limiting launch quantities of Star Wars: The Old Republic to ensure players have a smooth and high quality game experience and service at launch," an EA spokesperson told Gamasutra. "All versions of the game — physical and digital — are available for pre-order on a limited basis only. Once they are gone, they are gone."

What this will mean, effectively, is that digital downloads over EA's Origin service will be shut off. Physical copies, if you can get your hands on one, are still good after the digital shutoff.

Last month we heard rumors that pre-orders of the MMO would be capped at 500,000, with only the first 50,000 of them guaranteed, the rest queued in a prioritized waiting list.

MMOs can be victims of their own success, as past experiences have shown. In 2009, a "head start" program promising early access to Aion was overwhelmed by more than 400,000 preorders, leading to queue times stretching past seven hours. In February, Rift saw a similar situation, scrambling to add capacity after early-access users battled wait times of three hours before launch.

Star Wars: The Old Republic is due for a holiday 2011 launch.
    SR on the official forums:

You know what they say when you assume...

We are still aiming for a near simultaneous release of The Old Republic in all of our launch countries. I say 'near' because US/NA retailers and UK/EU retailers restock on different days of the week (traditionally Tuesday in the US and Thursday/Friday in the UK). There's very little we can do about that.

I understand the frustration in this thread. We're working as hard as we can to get European testers into testing as fast as we can, but testing is a very complicated process that involves much more than just sending out invites. As I said, we're going to add a lot more Europeans during September and even more beyond that.

In addition we're hitting as many European shows as possible in the next couple of months to bring the game to people in person - one of which I'm at now, which is why you can expect a slow response.
    SWTOR: Loveray Legacy @ Tomb of Freedon Nadd | Toyboy • Spray • Loveshot • Thrilldrill • Seax • Penetro • Hotgun • Lustro
    FFXIV ARR: Thrill Drill | Odin EU
    • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
    Swtor eyecandy mm-mmmm! :Þ~

Guild testing coming up. Glad mine registered months in advance!

So I was going through the dev tracker and was shocked to learn that there are people actually complaining that Huttball doesn't make sense. I've seen some petty things, but the complaints are really really awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonchron View Post
    Guild testing coming up. Glad mine registered months in advance!
    it is already happening

Quote Originally Posted by noahjam326 View Post
    So I was going through the dev tracker and was shocked to learn that there are people actually complaining that Huttball doesn't make sense. I've seen some petty things, but the complaints are really really awful.
    They are going to get worse and extremely more petty once the game launches, and as the game gains in popularity expect that attitude to increase tenfold. Not saying that people won't have valid complaints but there will be a lot of obnoxious ones that will nitpick at every little thing and sadly it's these obnoxious complainers who can't post constructively who will be the loudest.

Quote Originally Posted by noahjam326 View Post
    How does Huttball not make sense?