Deleted
    I wouldn't worry about the game being delayed to 2012. We already pre-ordered it, they are starting stress-testing in September, there's no reason to delay any longer. I think early November is a pretty safe bet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see, I suppose I should contact support aswell, since my creditcard has been billed, but the transaction hasn't been completed yet. It was a newly created email adress specifically for SWTOR so I guess something went wrong there, I just want to be sure no-one else will be running off with my codes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tnpm View Post
    if Bioware does release in 2012 (lets hope not) i think people will start losing confidence that it will even be on that date. first date they said was around this april. that didnt hapen so then speculation went to summer of 2011. that didnt hapen aswell so now theory is that is aroudn the month of oct/nov and lets face it if that isnt it again people might star getin pissed. i know they want it to be perfect, but with all the small beta groups and the things that they show us that will be in the game just raises our expectation for it coming out, and that to be delayed is cause for anger.
    oh, im well beyond pissed at this point. but, theres nothing that I, myself, can do about it. just gotta suck it up and press onward. but if its not out by Xmas, they are having MAJOR problems.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the end the game is pretty complex, from a story, balance, coding, along with everything else viewpoint. Rift was more successful than lets say Aion, AoC, games like that because it was very polished at release.

In the end, if you really think about it, most would much rather it be delayed a few months and not be buggy than released soon and be messed up.
    The personally story and rpg elements are a really huge part of the game, which needs to be very clear and bug free to be successful.

Plus, this game has so many features that it needs a lot of testing. Not just to work out bugs, but to see what works and doesn't work in general.

In the end, patience will make this game significantly better.

I'd be willing to bet money they won't release in 2012. Wouldn't worry about that at all right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    While, selfishly, I'd prefer the game sooner than later, I would rather have them have the game fully complete with everything they wanted for launch in game. I already want more of this game it's not released. Having an announcement like "We cut X from our game to get it released" wouldn't be good. At least for me.

I can't imagine anyone who has played KOTOR 2 wants SWTOR released unless its completely finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Shilien View Post
    Star Wars is more fantasy than science fiction anyway. Fantasy doesn't necessarily just mean swords and magic (besides which, Star Wars has swords and magic anyway).
    Sorry, Star Wars is not more like fantasy, it is Sci-Fi western.

Quote Originally Posted by Aundas View Post
    I can't imagine anyone who has played KOTOR 2 wants SWTOR released unless its completely finished.
    Tru dat! That would just be bad news bears all around. Imagine getting to the end of your class story quest and all of a sudden the quests just stop and there's nothing you can do. Kinda like that Ravenholdt rogue chain. So angry they never did anything with them...

I agree with those about it being a polished game, wait it out , best thing they can do is spend as much time on it as poss before released as im dam sure everyone here wants to play it at its best.

10+ Year Old Account
    been gone for 2 days, dont feel like catching up with the thread lol, can anyone gimme a breakdown?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr View Post
    Well, "a delayed game is eventually good. A bad game is forever." Although I agree. If they delay further it will hurt the game's rep.
    It would take ALOT more than that to damage this games rep.

If Daniel Erikson got on a clocktower and shot 23 paraplegic orphans and formed a satanic cult i would STILL buy that game

btw forgive my laziness and not doing a search in this massive thread but any lightning that you can do from your fingers lol can the colours be customized and what not? and while im on the question apart from the hilt which i read on a previous page which you customize is there alot more of that in the game? have bioware gave us quite a wide variety of customizations throught the game? gear, ship, etc etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by krono957 View Post
    been gone for 2 days, dont feel like catching up with the thread lol, can anyone gimme a breakdown?
    Well, if you haven't heard, Alterswtor was handed a Cease and Desist for violating the NDA. They said they are moving to a Netherlands client in order to "avoid all future NDA problems"

Have no idea why they are immune in Netherlands, but thankfully they are. Hopefully the transition is better that Betacake's. If Alter turns to shit like Betacake did, i would be so depraved of leaks i might not make it too release

Quote Originally Posted by Devirae View Post
    About 30 minutes ago I pre-ordered the Digital CE and I was wondering how long did it took for you guys to receive the confirmation e-mail? As of yet I haven't received anything which makes me wonder whether something went wrong. Could just aswell be me being too impatient though
    Well I ordered the same about an hour after preorders started so I think things were bit overloaded, I got one email quickly, and the second email after 40 minutes. The second email is what you want. After your Shipping address in the email you are looking for something like this:

Product SKU: 71185
    Product Name: STAR WARS(TM): The Old Republic(TM) Digital Deluxe Edition Pre-Order
    Qty Ordered: 1
    Amount: $5.00
    Digital Rights: XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

Where the XXXX is your code that put into the swtor website for preorder.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aundas View Post
    Very true, KOTOR 2 was great up to about 3/4 the way through, then it ended rather abruptly. I remember my reaction at the time was "WTF just happened?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Suggs View Post
    btw forgive my laziness and not doing a search in this massive thread but any lightning that you can do from your fingers lol can the colours be customized and what not? and while im on the question apart from the hilt which i read on a previous page which you customize is there alot more of that in the game? have bioware gave us quite a wide variety of customizations throught the game? gear, ship, etc etc.
    I seriously doubt that you can change the color of your lightning bolts. As for ships/gear, i know that atleast at laucnh ships wont be customizable. however, i can see BW adding this in the future.

As for gear, i dont think you can customize the look, just add enhancements like armorweave and special things like Gems in WoW

ahh shame, just the little touches like that would treble the gaming experience for me guess it will be red alll the way lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kledic View Post
    Very true, KOTOR 2 was great up to about 3/4 the way through, then it ended rather abruptly. I remember my reaction at the time was "WTF just happened?"
    Yea, it was a major bummer. When you got all the Jedi masters assembled on Dantooine, it took like 30min to finish the game from there. The zone where Darth Nihilus was in took like 10 min to finish. And Malachor V was like 20 min

I was always curious what was supposed to be in the Telos Military Base Subbase, where the door wouldnt open but you could see it was a zone transition. Amd then there was the Sith Holocron in Korriban. Only way to open the door was to use explosives, but the explosives destroyed the Holocron.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamos77 View Post
    Never played RIFT. I'm sure it's a great game.

However I've read the 1mil subs remark a few times and from a quick bit of research i've seen that they hit 1mil sales/total subs, not current subs. Their subs were initially 600k then dropped to 400k after a few months. http://mmodata.net/

1mil accounts opened...including the ones that were then closed (basically, 1mil sales)...'Trion Worlds announced today that more than one million accounts have been created to date'

It's like saying SWG has 2.5mil subs...it hasn't, it has had a total of 2.5mil subs opened but current subs are less than 'lifetime total accounts opened'.

Again, it's still a great success imo as 400k monthly subs atm mean lots of money and hopefully quickfire expansions for their playerbase.

These stats probably don't mean a whole lot, but are kinda interesting, charts showing unique visitors to Swtor, GW2 and Rift websites.
    Montly unique visitors: http://siteanalytics.compete.com/swt...+riftgame.com/
    Daily unique visitors: http://trends.google.com/websites?q=...ate=ytd&sort=0
    Includes till the end of July I think.