10+ Year Old Account
    We do know that at the end of KOTOR 2 Darth Nihilus was the Emperor and was killed. Mira was his last apprentice and the Exile COULD become his apprentice (non-cannon).

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Unidentified_Darth
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sith_Emperor

Both of those were between Nihilus and Darth Desolous (the next confirmed Dark Lord of the Sith). Plagueis didn't assume that title until about 3500 years after Desolous.

So, hopefully TOR will give us a name of the Unidentified Dark Lord.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's Darth Baiter. Formerly known as Jedi Master Baiter.

Sorry. Couldn't resist. XD

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

10+ Year Old Account
    No more posting from you. You go to your room and think about what you've done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rofl rofl Trolls. XD

Deleted
    Darth Baiter...lol.....
    But seriously, the sith emperor must be a tough bad ass. He is like 1400 years old.

I really doubt there will be any ties to KOTOR 2, simply because they did not develop that one (Obsidian did, I think?). I don't know if I ever considered Darth Nihilus to be an emperor... he seemed too removed from political and war gains... I mean, his whole motivation seemed to be too straightforward. I could see the final boss being more akin to an emperor.

I also doubt any real ties to the movies, ESPECIALLY the prequels.

The fact that they're setting this an a familiar yet new setting makes me think that it won't matter so much who the emperor is, unless they try some crazy arc about how every emperor is a pawn to the super-master-ultra emperor who's hiding even further away in even deeper space. Unlike WoW which had some previous lore to draw off, they have the luxury of getting to introduce mostly everything through the game itself (and/or through comics and webisodes on history). So... It's probably Bob, the half-sith-half-jawa.

But then this is my opinion and it's at most a guess and/or nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by jsg388 View Post
    I really doubt there will be any ties to KOTOR 2, simply because they did not develop that one (Obsidian did, I think?). I don't know if I ever considered Darth Nihilus to be an emperor... he seemed too removed from political and war gains... I mean, his whole motivation seemed to be too straightforward. I could see the final boss being more akin to an emperor.

I also doubt any real ties to the movies, ESPECIALLY the prequels.

The fact that they're setting this an a familiar yet new setting makes me think that it won't matter so much who the emperor is, unless they try some crazy arc about how every emperor is a pawn to the super-master-ultra emperor who's hiding even further away in even deeper space. Unlike WoW which had some previous lore to draw off, they have the luxury of getting to introduce mostly everything through the game itself (and/or through comics and webisodes on history). So... It's probably Bob, the half-sith-half-jawa.

But then this is my opinion and it's at most a guess and/or nonsense.
    Actually BW started KOTOR2 but handed it off to Obsidian bout half way thru cos they wanted to concentrate on publishing thier own games, why its so similiar in every way to KOTOR1

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, the titles Emperor and Dark Lord of the Sith are almost ALWAYS tied together. During Nihilus' time as Dark Lord, they weren't as organized as say in EP 4-6. Even if they were I don't think Nihilus would've used the term Emperor, although people MIGHT have refered to him as such.

Bioware themselves have mentioned The Exile, so I imagine they'll pick a canon ending (like they did for KOTOR1). So events in KOTOR2 have been decided as canon as far as we know. Danial Erickson has also made mention that the current SWTOR Emperor's tactics are what Palpatine learns to use in the movies. So the ties they make are fairly loose.

50mins till SWTOR that right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osskssa View Post
    affirmative

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osskssa View Post
    Yep.

/messagelongenough

Battlefield 3 should be any minute now if you want to watch something to kill the time
    http://www.ustream.tv/battlefield3#u...medium=8419884

Good...gonna watch BF3 till then! hehe

50min for what?

I thought it was at 4 pm Pacific Daylight Time - that means another couple hours, if my Central Daylight Time zone clock is correct...

15+ Year Old Account
    Anyone know what to expect and where it is streaming? The only event mentioning Star Wars on e3's site doesn't start for another two hours and change and is only a trailer.

no its 37mins till SWTOR at E3...live demo think they said not sure what Tat maybe...

Ok gameplay demo with a Q+A

http://live-event.ea.com/e3/chat/star-wars thats where its at, and the title says "Gameplay Demo and Q&A with
    Star Wars: The Old Republic" theres an EA event first i think, and then 2 hours after the start, another event on gametrailers

Ok so in half an hour, there's a thing on that EA link, and then 2 hours after that there is the gametrailers bit?