Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post

Can't answer that. sorries. It's still changing and not final.
    Ahh ok, but this i think u can answer, how is movement combat? I mean it is like Dragon age(only can attack if stand still) or it is the classic MMO(wow, rift) style?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    So you mean the opposite, and it's not like WoW? :P I don't want to put the game down like or anything, since I want to play SW along side GW2, but I don't want to buy another WoW really.
    I think he means to say: "It's not like WoW in that it's a unique and interesting game in it's own right. But if you come into it thinking that it's going to be JUST LIKE WoW, then of course you're going to focus on the few aspects that are similar."
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    So you mean the opposite, and it's not like WoW? :P I don't want to put the game down like or anything, since I want to play SW along side GW2, but I don't want to buy another WoW really.
    It is like WoW and every MMO that came before it.
    It is unlike WoW and every MMO that came before it.

Those are both true. You know what I mean?

Let's see if this works. Let's say you love/loved Pizza Hut. But as time went on, you decided that while you still love pizza, you're tired of Pizza Hutt. Now, if you go to any pizza place, you are still getting a pizza. There's no denying that. The same basic ingredients are there that make the pie. The difference is in the spices, the vendor that supplies the ingredients, the dough, and the cooking.
    If you go into a new pizza place and think, "Gee. They used sauce at Pizza Hutt too. They also used pepperoni. They also cooked it in the oven." Etc, etc, then you will already be conditioning yourself to miss the things that make this place different and better than Pizza Hutt. You won't really taste the toppings to see that they are superior quality. You won't notice how much better the sauce or the crust was. You won't notice that the restaraunt is kept much cleaner that Pizza Hutt was. You won't notice the exceptional customer service. The only thing you will be thinking is, "well, it's still a pizza, just like Pizza Hutt."

This game is like the classic MMO. Rift and Wow's similarities are much closer than TOR and WoW's.

I don't know how to explain it any better. =)

---------- Post added 2011-05-12 at 12:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Srg56 View Post
    Apologies if this question has been asked before, however i have reasons to belive it hasn't:

How responsive is the game to movement commands?(in closed beta) I don't know if i can describe my question more accurately than that, but compared to WoW, as we all know is the top when it comes down to fluidness of combat and how well it behaves with movement, how good is SWTOR really? I have played Aion ( some time ago ) and found out that using certain abilities pin you while they cast so if you would want to cancel that ability and move you wouldn't be able to do it. In the first GuildWars game, movement felt sluggish aswell.

Thank you for your time!
    It's very responsive. It feels like WoW in regards to moving when you say to do it, and how you say to do it. You can jump or move to cancel any cast. There are many attacks that are instant, so you can do a lot of attacks on the move. The ones with casting times do pin require you to stand still, but they also allow you to move or cancel if wanted.

A side note about movement and speed. It initially feels slow. Running speed that is. I got used to never running in WoW. I had my 310 speed and everything was instant. So while the running speed is actually about the same as most MMOs, it felt slower till I got my mind trained to the difference. i can't 310 speed it anywhere I wanted to go.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Let's see if this works. Let's say you love/loved Pizza Hut. But as time went on, you decided that while you still love pizza, you're tired of Pizza Hutt. Now, if you go to any pizza place, you are still getting a pizza. There's no denying that. The same basic ingredients are there that make the pie. The difference is in the spices, the vendor that supplies the ingredients, the dough, and the cooking.
    If you go into a new pizza place and think, "Gee. They used sauce at Pizza Hutt too. They also used pepperoni. They also cooked it in the oven." Etc, etc, then you will already be conditioning yourself to miss the things that make this place different and better than Pizza Hutt. You won't really taste the toppings to see that they are superior quality. You won't notice how much better the sauce or the crust was. You won't notice that the restaraunt is kept much cleaner that Pizza Hutt was. You won't notice the exceptional customer service. The only thing you will be thinking is, "well, it's still a pizza, just like Pizza Hutt."
    Fuck! Now I want pizza.

Deleted
    I understand what you mean Trollsbane, gone traditional MMO style. With a Star Wars twist.

I want to try but since I didn't get in beta I'm still abit iffy on the game ofcourse. Looking at all the previous MMO's that have come out and were hyped up.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's very responsive. It feels like WoW in regards to moving when you say to do it, and how you say to do it. You can jump or move to cancel any cast. There are many attacks that are instant, so you can do a lot of attacks on the move. The ones with casting times do pin require you to stand still, but they also allow you to move or cancel if wanted.

A side note about movement and speed. It initially feels slow. Running speed that is. I got used to never running in WoW. I had my 310 speed and everything was instant. So while the running speed is actually about the same as most MMOs, it felt slower till I got my mind trained to the difference. i can't 310 speed it anywhere I wanted to go.
    Awesome! good to know Also thank you for fast reply! Getting my hopes up for this game every day that passes by.
    "The best argument against democracy is a five minute scroll through twitter." - Winston Churchill

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlesnarf View Post
    Fuck! Now I want pizza.
    Yes, sir! MOD PIZZA PARTY!! -------- Don't know if you can answer this, enchants/slots for weapons and gear. What info can you give us?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwald View Post
    Yes, sir! MOD PIZZA PARTY!! -------- Don't know if you can answer this, enchants/slots for weapons and gear. What info can you give us?
    It was shown somewhere and talked about from the summit, so yeah. Some gear and weapons have enhance slots similar to KotoR. Say a piece of armor has 3 slots. You can plug in your overlays and underlays and customize your gear how you see fit. Same goes for the color of your lightsaber, or the stats on it. It's not like WoW where you can enchant anything though. Some armor has it, some doesn't. i don't know enough to give any more info on how or if you can add slots to items, or anything like that though.

New picture from Facebook:

Looks very blue and purple.

I like his robe though, has that Darth Maul look about him.

10+ Year Old Account
    hope you can dye that

Don't think there's dyes in the game, but there's a feature that lets you color all your clothes to the same color as your chest piece if you wanted to. So wearing a black chest piece will turn everything else black for example.

10+ Year Old Account
    That picture shows the feature. Notice how the chest has the white lines and such? Well, the pants alone dont have that touch. But since the chest does, they are now added to the pants to make the look match a bit.

Deleted
    So it's like a dye system, but it just matchs your armour up instead of you being able to personalise it fully I guess. Makes sense, but I'd like more customizing options but meh.

Don't really like dye systems tbh. Seeing people run around in rainbow colors would ruin the immersion for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will most likely be getting this game but the characters seem to just stand out too much from their surroundings for my personal tastes...
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

How? Both are using the same style.

From most of the screenshots and videos I've seen, the environments look a lot better than the characters themselves. For the most part, the armors depicted have too many contrasting colors. I hate to say but it's wow like. There are some exceptions though, such as that character posted above, that one looks pretty cool.

I don't see very much contrasting colors, nor the environments looking better than the character models. And obviously some armor will contrast from the environment. No game in the world has matching armor for every occasion, unless they are very bland.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moaradin View Post
    How? Both are using the same style.
    I don't get this question...

I'm saying that the character models don't seem to belong in their environments, like they're done with two different styles.

In WoW, GW, and LotRO the character models all seem to have belonged in their worlds and were part of the environment I guess. I'm not exactly sure how to explain it.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter