10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by harkonen View Post
    so being say a darkside republic might result in you getting much more loot? if everyone is is playing as lUk3 5kYw4Lk3R full light side

ah another thing that worries me - if we are equipping our companions as well as ourselves are we going to see people 'needing' on your items to equip their companions?
    They won't get more loot, because the amount of loot that is not dependent on LS/DS is far, far more.

Oh the companions. /sigh As awesome as it is to actually equip them, there will be problems with pugs. They will roll on your gear because the companion is an extension of your character, and thus, can be thought of as your character and able to roll on it.

Yep. It'll happen.

I won't need to worry about it, because I run a guild that doesn't put up with greedy pricks. But I really do feel sorry for people pugging.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Deleted
    but with 5 companions arent greedy people going to be needing on everything? I like to pug, ive never really been lucky with guilds, either im in a big guild with little social cohesion or a small friendly guild where hardly anyone is online same time, or wants to do same thing.
    Last edited by mmoc47607dc526; 2011-06-08 at 02:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by harkonen View Post
    but with 5 companions arent greedy people going to be needing on everything?
    Well, maybe companion gear is a separate drop, and appears differently and maybe is obtainable separate from the main groups loot table, and able to be picked as such.

Deleted
    yeah that would be nice. Maybe im jaded from years of pugging in wow where you meet many selfish people, its hard to know what the community will be like. Other games I have played like DDO and atlantica have great communities I guess only time will tell on that point.
    Last edited by mmoc47607dc526; 2011-06-08 at 02:59 AM.

solution to companion gear: make it unique and drop along side player gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, Daniel even said it today that companions get regular gear to equip. It's the way it is. =(
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-06-08 at 03:29 AM.

maybe the number of drops will accomodate this

10+ Year Old Account
    Where will the boss fight stream be at? Anyone have a url? <3

Phew. It's hard keeping up with this thread lol.

I agree though. Companions should get their own gear. If they don't I will likely just have a droid as my main companion as there will be less competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    No, Daniel even said it today that companions get regular gear to equip. It's the way it is. =(
    If people think OS "ninja looting" is bad in WoW, I can imagine the huge issue this will pose in SW:TOR.

from what i've read, crafted gear is the gear that will get you into starter raids and etc., but after reading trollsbane's dev quote saying it's the best gear on the server. did i misunderstand, or is crafted gear going to be best in slot over raiding gear? if that's true, i'm not sure about having crafted items be bis over raiding items.

if i'm totally wrong here, correct me please!

10+ Year Old Account
    Crafting gear is what you will want your guild to wear when they start raiding. Crafting gear will be under raiding gear by a small amount.

---------- Post added 2011-06-07 at 09:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kettu View Post
    Where will the boss fight stream be at? Anyone have a url? <3
    I'm not positive, but I think it will be the gametrailes.com feed. It'll be posted all over this thread around that time though. =)

wow i leave for a few hours and miss like 7 pages! i caught a bit of the demo this afternoon and i liked what i saw. that rocket punch for the BH looks cool lol. Everything is looking pretty good so far and kudos to them for being tight-lipped about everything. I'll bet it's hard just not to blurt out some things haha.

so what's on tap for wednesday and what time? i think i missed it since it's late and im exhausted. i think I saw something at 3 PDT??

also looking forward to the operations and having a real story involving the raid seems like a killer idea. that trailer looked interesting but very much a tease and I kinda wanna see a group in action.

bed time now, keep the updates rolling guys! I'll check back in the morning

Quote Originally Posted by Jaronicity View Post

so what's on tap for wednesday and what time?
    Yeah someone answer this haha PST or EST.

Also i found this video snooping around on gamespot idk if it has been posted but it was new to me, http://e3.gamespot.com/video/6318093/
    A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

gotcha, thanks trolls.

It looks like the BH will have a lot of mobility. Rocket Punch and a Grapple type skill. Plus the jet pack bombardment skill. Excited to get my hands on him.

I just wish he picked a class he was good at. I mean, he knew they were going to do a livestream with thousands watching. He should have at least picked something hes familiar with so it didn't look so boring in combat. Other stuff like how huge Tatooine is was amazing though.

Quote Originally Posted by moaradin View Post
    I just wish he picked a class he was good at. I mean, he knew they were going to do a livestream with thousands watching. He should have at least picked something hes familiar with so it didn't look so boring in combat. Other stuff like how huge Tatooine is was amazing though.
    Yes I agree. He said he was good with the Sith Inquisitor, but I think he wanted to show off the Jawa companion.

It's getting harder to pick a class :| At the end of the day I'm gonna end up picking whichever one has the coolest starship.

Have you guys noticed that it seems like the dev videos and streams seem like they're specifically avoiding the Jedi and Sith classes, or at least they're giving the other classes a lot more attention? I bet that's a PR move since a lot of people believe that everyone is going to play a Jedi/Sith.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if theres going to be a krayt dragon on tatooine somewhere @_@ Do want.