Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr View Post
    I bet that's a PR move since a lot of people believe that everyone is going to play a Jedi/Sith.
    Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner.
    "L'enfer, c'est les autres."

Have you guys noticed that it seems like the dev videos and streams seem like they're specifically avoiding the Jedi and Sith classes, or at least they're giving the other classes a lot more attention? I bet that's a PR move since a lot of people believe that everyone is going to play a Jedi/Sith.
    I agree in the video i posted above the focus is on the trooper and he talks about the smuggler a lot, between her dialog and ability's, and the troopers weps. Although all he says about the jedi are...the tank force jumps and this jedi is healing lol.

Its a smart move though the other classes all look just as good as the Lightsaber ones, its just people dont view them as heroic because short of Han Solo the movies revolve around Jedi/Sith

Quote Originally Posted by Kettu View Post
    I wonder if theres going to be a krayt dragon on tatooine somewhere @_@ Do want.

In the livestream dev play-though a few pages back i believe he is killed by a krayt dragon to demonstrate the resurrection process. Which i must say im not pleased with, the Dev even said you can use it in instances to sneak past hard areas if you are using less then the required amount of people....Its like promoting cheating in a way. If you die you should either run back from wherever, spawn at the GY equivalent or if you can be rezzed get rezzed by someone like in wow not yourself >.<
    Last edited by tamlus; 2011-06-08 at 05:14 AM.
    A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

I've had it narrowed down to Bounty Hunter for a long time. I want to play one of the least popular classes so it's easier to level.

Quote Originally Posted by tamlus View Post
    I agree in the video i posted above the focus is on the trooper and he talks about the smuggler a lot, between her dialog and ability's, and the troopers weps. Although all he says about the jedi are...the tank force jumps and this jedi is healing lol.

Its a smart move though the other classes all look just as good as the Lightsaber ones, its just people dont view them as heroic because short of Han Solo the movies revolve around Jedi/Sith
    I think putting a Smuggler that is a lot like Han Solo in the cinematic was a good idea, but then again, they focused more on the jedi vs. sith theme.

Quote Originally Posted by moaradin View Post
    I think putting a Smuggler that is a lot like Han Solo in the cinematic was a good idea, but then again, they focused more on the jedi vs. sith theme.
    I agree but they can do only so much in Cinematics with Smugglers, he got a few good kills but its not like he is going to dodge bullets all day like a Jedi/ Sith could. Also the cinematics seem to following characters storys and progressing the timeline leading into the game so it makes sense to keep the theme consistent.

I will say though in every cinematic, they have had interesting non lightsaber characters, The Trooper was a BAMF and the female bounty hunter was also cool. But besides the trooper they get overshaowed imo by the badass lightsaber combat. Its not a huge problem though because for trailer purposes id rather watch matrix style good vs evil jedi sword combat a la Yoda vs Palpatine over a Han Solo vs Boba Fett anyday but thats just me.

ALSO SOMEONE TELL ME WHEN SWTOR IS ON E3 TOMORROW THAT MEANS YOU TROLLS RAGGGGEEEEEE!
    Last edited by tamlus; 2011-06-08 at 05:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by moaradin View Post
    I was thinking about that a lot actually. The climax of all three cinematics have been epic Jedi vs Sith battles. That's a bad idea IMO. They need to promote the power of the other classes. Yeah, the Smuggler gets a cool slow mo sequence against random Empire soldiers that don't even fit a class. The Jedi on the other hand are by far the focus and the heroes of the videos.

Just seems like poor planning.

I've narrowed down my first characters to a Bounty Hunter and a Jedi Knight. Powertech and Sentinal specifically.
    Last edited by noahjam326; 2011-06-08 at 05:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kettu View Post
    I wonder if theres going to be a krayt dragon on tatooine somewhere @_@ Do want.
    I imagine a krayt would be the world boss.
    "L'enfer, c'est les autres."

So, as for starships:

Jedi Knight/Consular = Defender
    Smuggler = XS Freighter
    Trooper = BT7 Thunderclap
    Sith Warrior/Inquisitor = Fury
    Imperial Agent = X70B Phantom
    Bounty Hunter = D5 Mantis

It's kinda lame that the Force users have to get the same ship. Since other players can go onto your ship, I have a feeling that like 60% of the ships in game will be Defenders and Furys.

On the cheating thing, he noted that you can't keep it up indefinitely. Eventually the rez timer gets up to 10+minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by noahjam326 View Post
    I've narrowed down my first characters to a Bounty Hunter and a Jedi Knight. Powertech and Marauder specifically.
    Marauder would be Sith Warrior, not Jedi :P

Jedi Knight/Consular = Defender
    Smuggler = XS Freighter
    Trooper = BT7 Thunderclap
    Sith Warrior/Inquisitor = Fury
    Imperial Agent = X70B Phantom
    Bounty Hunter = D5 Mantis
    Im 99.99% sure this is correct. But the ships are instanced so its not like you will be able to see everyone else s ships unless they invite you to a group and bring you to their "dock". Also we dont know yet maybe down the line they will add features allowing players to customize the inside of their ships, Add a TV here, throw a fireplace their (kidding but you get the point.)

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    On the cheating thing, he noted that you can't keep it up indefinitely. Eventually the rez timer gets up to 10+minutes.
    I heard that im just hoping that timer comes alot sooner then later, that or every pull would be difficult and you would have to rez past vurtually the whole instance if you wanted to try to do this, and not just one mob at the end that has extra pats.

I just dont want to see videos on fansites two weeks after release of people soloing instances DK style because they rez ran =-(. Id prefer if this could be designed more in a way so its good after boss wipes but not usable outside of those situations but that would be near impossible to work out.
    Last edited by tamlus; 2011-06-08 at 05:40 AM.

Wink

Marauder would be Sith Warrior, not Jedi :P
    I don't know what you're talking about. Take another look.

Quote Originally Posted by noahjam326 View Post
    I don't know what you're talking about. Take another look.
    :P

Do we know anything about lightsaber colors yet? In KotOR you could change saber colors with crystals you loot or find. Will TOR allow something similar for saber-wielding classes?

:P

Do we know anything about lightsaber colors yet? In KotOR you could change saber colors with crystals you loot or find. Will TOR allow something similar for saber-wielding classes?
    Thats it, also someone mentioned a profession/ craft involving around lightsabers or something along those lines dont quote me but as far as colours go they can be changed. Some gameplay videos have sith inquisitors using purp sabers and some Jedi's using a yellow/orange one.

10+ Year Old Account

On one of the videos I watched (cant recall which one, watched a lot in the past few days >.<) I believe they said that the saber crystals will have stats on them and if you want a specific color with a specific stat you'll have to try to find one with the color and stats you want (but blue and red are light/dark side restricted). Theres no different shades of the same color (like no blue and light blue, or purple and light purple, and so on). I don't believe a certain color is associated with a certain stat, that its completely random.. Also the crystals take up "slots" in your saber

I believe they said they are obtained via quests and companion crafting missions, I could be wrong tho. I have to try to remember what video I saw that in >.< I'll try to look around and I'll post it when I find it again.

Aww, I wanted a Red Saber as Light Side. It would have been epic for PvP, confuse the shit out of the enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by tamlus View Post
    In the livestream dev play-though a few pages back i believe he is killed by a krayt dragon to demonstrate the resurrection process.
    If that was a krayt dragon, it was a really tiny baby one. Those guys get REALLY big (remember the huge skeleton in the cave he wandered through for the quest?). A krayt dragon should be a world boss - remember the one in KOTOR? It took lots of help to bring it down...

Quote Originally Posted by harkonen View Post
    so being say a darkside republic might result in you getting much more loot? if everyone is is playing as lUk3 5kYw4Lk3R full light side

ah another thing that worries me - if we are equipping our companions as well as ourselves are we going to see people 'needing' on your items to equip their companions?

also does anyone know if there is a shared storage? the endless logging and mailing drives me mad in wow, I really hope theres some sort of shared bank.
    The Irony in that statement though is Luke Skywalker isn't full light side, nor is he darkside, he is basically neutral he is the "balance" in the force.

Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    The Irony in that statement though is Luke Skywalker isn't full light side, nor is he darkside, he is basically neutral he is the "balance" in the force.
    Which is kinda what I wanna play as. But from what's been discussed in the last few pages, it's dumb if you are at a disadvantage for not going full LS/DS. You should be able to be grey/neutral and not be at a disadvantage.