So i'm watching the TOR podcast on gamebreaker and they're talking about gearscore and that Bioware confirmed that it is present in the game. I really didn't like gearscore in wow because of what the players turned it into with all the elitism where people call others noobs and "you can't come with us, look at your gear u suck". What do you guys think about this?

Edit: But someone from Bioware said that item modification plays a bigger role so hopefully it won't create some kind of elitist thing i saw when i played WoW
    Last edited by DarknessInfinite; 2011-06-19 at 08:38 PM.

I live to cleanse the galaxy of all Republic scum for my great Emperor

Quote Originally Posted by ruinshin View Post
    This woulda been me If I didnt have people I liked playing with.
    This a million times over

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarknessInfinite View Post
    So i'm watching the TOR podcast on gamebreaker and they're talking about gearscore and that Bioware confirmed that it is present in the game. I really didn't like gearscore in wow because of what the players turned it into with all the elitism where people call others noobs and "you can't come with us, look at your gear u suck". What do you guys think about this?
    pretty iffy subject, they did claim that the instances and operations would ether be harder or highly different then a lot of other mmos, it could come down to getting a gear check before coming in, its a decent tool if used in the right hands but it can be abused by morons
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

Sigh... It's not gear score, It's Item Level. All games have Item Level in their games, some choose to display it and some don't. It's not even confirmed that the Item Level will be displayed when the game goes live, or that it will even be an option, it's just currently displayed at this point in testing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airia View Post
    Sigh... It's not gear score, It's Item Level. All games have Item Level in their games, some choose to display it and some don't. It's not even confirmed that the Item Level will be displayed when the game goes live, or that it will even be an option, it's just currently displayed at this point in testing.
    This is correct.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Quote Originally Posted by DarknessInfinite View Post

Edit: But someone from Bioware said that item modification plays a bigger role so hopefully it won't create some kind of elitist thing i saw when i played WoW
    See, when you used GearScore right, it was a marvellous tool. However, what all the dumb players (and also the ignorant haters who got fed up with the idiots but didn't think logically about what GS could be used for) did was to not consider that. Any addon that gives you a rating on your general quality of gear is great, the problem occurs when people don't inspect people to double-check if the player is geared, enchanted and gemmed correctly for what the group wanted to do.

TL;DR: Gearscore and itemlevels is great, but idiots and ignorants gave it a bad reputation.

Posted on a previous page already!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geomatician View Post
    Posted on a previous page already!
    Yeah, I'm posting from my phone. I posted it to save for when I get home. Unfortunately my Droid has a terrible habit of sending crap before I'm done with my message.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwald View Post
    Yeah, I'm posting from my phone. I posted it to save for when I get home. Unfortunately my Droid has a terrible habit of sending crap before I'm done with my message.
    Ah ok, fair enough

15+ Year Old Account
    It must have a bad motivator! may I suggest that R2 unit which is in prime condition and a real bargain? :P

Sounds like your droid needs a memory wipe, may I recommend my local Jawa service center?

*edit* Beaten to the cheesy punch!

Deleted
    Interesting thing, that link to betacake, showing that Sith Purebloods can in fact be Inquisitors. So that answers our discussion earlier about the SI story line being that of a slave. I wonder if the Purebloods get a different story?

Deleted
    Um...seems the SW sigs are against the forums rules as they are too big...or was I the only one who got...notified for it ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by a random troll View Post
    Um...seems the SW sigs are against the forums rules as they are too big...or was I the only one who got...notified for it ?
    A few pages back are the instructions on how to make them forum legal.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

10+ Year Old Account
    was looking at one of those other SWTOR posts Troll was posting in, the concept of not cutting someone's arm off is really rather stupid, yes lightsabers are powerful, but not THAT powerful.. when ever you have seen somone's limb or beheaded they are cut at a joint like the wrists or knees, its also highly needed on the swing of the person, anakin got his arm and legs cut off because Obi-Wan Kenobi had the highground and was able to get off a really strong swing, it was also based on how he does his lightsaber stances
    this irked me a bit because some reviews were complaining about not being able to do just this.. rofl in the movies it was ether just two people fighting not getting in killing blows, but when a moment like somones hand getting cut off, the movie slows down cause it was a very big deal, Bioware even Highlighted on this in one of their Q & A's
    ((Edit: if somone brings up the ligthsabers being sued to cut metal doors, its because they are using the smaller surface area of the lightsaber in turn getting less resistance and did you notice it takes them awhile to accualy fully cut through said door?))
    one poster in general i saw complained about having the chat options.. pretty easy to see they don't play for the RPG, i love this concept personally, i play to level multiple toons and have a story

its also annoying to see people complaining about the combat systems or other aspects of the game.. when they haven't even played it, if only people would take the time to look into stuff, i may have only seen videos but the videos have given me a lot of insight for the game

ok.. my ranting is done with, im closing out of that other threat
    Last edited by Omians; 2011-06-19 at 09:28 PM.
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

I'm having a nice Father's Day atm but I wanted to hop in and give a GIANT "Thank You" to Trollsbane and Anubis (holy crap man what a POST) for answering the questions I had regarding th Madness tree.

It sounds like a tree I'll try after getting acclimated with Lightning (love ranged dps for raiding and pvp) >

I'm gonna dig into that talent tree you posted (no matter how outdated) just for the sake of feeding my hunger for any TOR info.

Good day, sirs!
    "And all y'all will git me one hundred Jedi scalps, taken from the heads of one hundred dead Jedi."

It's not like it's unlikely that a Sith Pureblood would be a slave, even considering those with a strong Force Affinity (as I presume a player character would have..) would be considered valuable. Think about it, in a society highly molded after the dark side, there's bound to be a lot of backstabbing going on. What's to say that our character have a background where he/she was either conquered and put to slavery by a stronger faction, or was a part of a family/group/clan that was also enslaved, then broke free?

Even nobility become slaves under the right circumstances. There's nothing as cruel as making someone proud be turned into a lowly servant with no rights, subject to torture and misery, all the while you can gloat over the situation.

Just seem very sith-ish to have something like that done to the player character.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    A few pages back are the instructions on how to make them forum legal.
    Might want to link to the two tutorials in the OP so the question doesn't come back every 1-2 pages...

Deleted
    Q. Is there any indication that the newest build published this week will lead to larger-scale beta testing invites in the coming days/weeks? And what does it mean in relation to a release? Are we looking at 3 months? 6 months?
    A. The game feels pretty much done. If anything they are just working on their server infrastructure. There aren’t really any game breaking bugs, and it could ship right now. They are doing another stress test at the end of the month, so that may be what John Riccitiello meant by increased testing.

This is from a Q&A on betacake and it makes me a very happy camper!

Q. Have you played as a trooper or with a trooper? Are they just as powerful as the jedi or do they need more balancing?
    A. I have not played as a Trooper, but if they are anything like the Bounty Hunter class then trust me the non-Force Users are plenty powerful.

Cool!

Q. Question was already answered but i was curious as well if this other tester knew since deebo wasn't really looking at this topic, but do your abilities look and sound more powerful as you level?
    A. Yes on both counts.

Q. How would you describe your gameplay type? From your description of yourself it seems that you are focused a lot on the end game of most of the games you have played.
    A. My gameplay focus for WoW was end-game raids, for this game I want to do EVERYTHING, it is that good.

^ Should shut the rabid WoW fans or give them something to think about at least.

Q. I know Deebo had previously mentioned LS/DS points affecting gear. Just wondering, as I'm hoping to walk the middle ground - if there is any gear to staying "Gray" -- or would you assume I'd be gimping myself doing so?
    A. There is plenty of gear for “Gray” players. You have light side, normal, and dark side gear. There is no alignment attached to “gray” gear, it is just the normal gear that has no alignment requirements.

This also answers my concerns about gray alignment and gear. Ok..... I want that game NOW!
    Last edited by mmocb95650c314; 2011-06-19 at 09:38 PM.