10+ Year Old Account
    Im going to be a sith warrior and my friend is going to be a sith inquisitor! can't wait til it comes out :P

Quote Originally Posted by Bikni View Post
    I was one of the few lucky enough to be selected for testing, have been playing in the test server since last week
    Ah you're really lucky, i envy you hehe. Do you like what you're seeing so far?

I live to cleanse the galaxy of all Republic scum for my great Emperor

Got new info on Sith Marauder attacks and abilities

Force Choke used to be a 6 sec channel now its 3 sec channel with 1 min cd , deals kinetic damage and builds 1 rage per second of channel

Unnatural Might -range 30 meters (party Buff)- Increases targets Melee,Ranged,Force and Tech bonus damage and healing for 5% for 30 minutes. If target is a party member all party members are affected.

Force Scream - instant spell , 4 rage cost, 15 meter range, 12 sec cd
    Blast the target with force enhanced scream dealing 401 to 419 kinetic damage ,standard and weak enemies are forced to cover in fear, stunned for 4 seconds.

Retaliation- instant spell ,2 rage cost , 4 meter range , 6 sec cd
    Retaliates against a target striking for XX to XX weapon damage. Only usable after a successfull melee or ranged defense and does not respect global cooldown. Cannot miss or be parried or dodged.

(This is basicly a tanking attack or should i say Revenge (WoW) )

Berserk- instant ,no rage cost, 2 min cd
    Generates 5 rage over next 6 seconds.

Ravage-channeled 3 sec , 4 meter range , 30 sec cd
    Performs a series of saber attacks that strike for 1045 to 1190 weapon damage over 3 seconds. Standard and weak enemies are additionaly stunned for the duration of the effect. Strikes with both weapon if dual wielding.

Sweeping slash -instant , 3 rage cost , 4 meter range , no cd
    Slashes up to 5 enemies in front of your for 431-525 weapon damage each. Attacks with both lightsabers if dual wielding.

Rupture - instant , 3 rage cost , 4 meter range , no cd
    Stabs the target for 149-164 damage and deals an additional 217 internal (bleed effect) damage over 12 seconds.Attacks with both lightsabers if dual wielding.

Smash - instant , 3 rage cost , 15 sec cd
    Smashes up to 5 nearby enemies for kinetic damage.Also stuns standard and weak enemies for 4 seconds.

Ataru Form - Acrobatic lightsaber form , increases accuracy by 3%. Melee attacks have a 20% chance to trigger second force strike that deals XXX energy damage . This effect cannot occur more that once 1.5 seconds

Force Charge- instant , no rage cost , 8-30 meter range , 15 sec cd
    Jumps to distant target dealing 167 - 181 damage with the main hand weapon,immobilising them for 2 seconds and interrupting their current action . Builds 3 rage. (cannot be used against people in cover)

Assault - instant ,4 meter range , no cd
    Inflicts 190-228 damage with a series of quick melee attacks . Builds 2 rage points. Attacks with both lightsabers if dual wielding.
    (spammable single target rage builder)

Battering Assault - instant, no rage cost, 4 meter range , 4.5 sec cd
    Strikes the target multiple times with both lightsabers inflicting XXX to XXX damage and building 3 rage points. REQUIRES 2 lightsabers.
    (single target rage builder)

Vicious Slash - instant , 3 rage cost, 4 meter range , no cd
    Slashes the target for XXX to XXX damage . Strikes with both lightsabers if dual wielding

Saber ward - 3 min cd
    Increases your parry and deflect chance by 50% for next 12 seconds.

Impale - instant , 4 rage cost(used to be 8) , 4 meter range , 7.5 sec cd
    Impales the target for 486 to 526 damage .Standard and weak enemies are additionaly knocked down for 3 seconds.

Unleash - instant ,no range cost, 2 min cd
    Breaks all immobilisation and stun effects (PvP trinket)

Rage "bar" is 12 "action points" or should i say 12 rage points(max value)

Talent trees have 7 tiers with 41 points being max amount of points u can earn
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    An orc named after Jesus firing a kamehameha at a tentacle dragon and making it explode into fairy dust before a group of dragons don't lament the loss of their once-friend or the now inevitable extinction of their species due to their newfound sterility and mortality but instead congratulate him on knocking up his wife was pretty fucking insane even by this series' standards.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lackluster View Post
    Dromund kaas is a planet, not a city.
    I'll never be able to take Kaas City serious though since 'kaas' means cheese in my language. Cheese City just sounds a little too delicious for such an evil empire!
    meh.. cheese.. I understand that doesnt seem too epic now..

This is what i was saying anyway
    Just a concept art but i like the concept of a dark forest and a big metropolis mixed up together.

Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr View Post
    There's a really obvious reason for not having dual spec.People asked Blizz for dual spec. WoW waited like 4.5 years, but eventually gave it to us. People rejoiced. Within two months, people started asking for triple spec. This is pretty much the main fault. People won't be satisfied with what they have until everything is made piss easy for them.It's not like lack of dual spec automatically makes you stuck. You'll do what we all did for 4.5 years--go to the trainer and spend a tiny amount of money.
    The modern MMO community is not as understanding about mechanisms that needlessly restrict gameplay. Also, TOR is trying to appeal to a broader base. Dual specs will be in the game within a year of launch.
    Last edited by Strikesuit; 2011-06-26 at 09:18 PM.
    "L'enfer, c'est les autres."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarknessInfinite View Post
    Ah you're really lucky, i envy you hehe. Do you like what you're seeing so far?
    Yes the game is pretty awesome, i am having tons of fun.
    “The church says the earth is flat, but I know that it is round, for I have seen the shadow on the moon, and I have more faith in a shadow than in the church”

-Ferdinand Magellan (1480 – 1521)

Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora View Post
    This is what i was saying anyway
    Just a concept art but i like the concept of a dark forest and a big metropolis mixed up together.
    Yea the screenshots from that sith warrior beta leaker on the betacake website, even though they were cell phone pictures the place looked so good. The world just looks huge, can't wait to play there, hopefully see the emperor and do some sith stuff

Figure I should contribute these...

These are google doc caches of work in progress pieces for the Art and Making of Star Wars the Old Republic book..

Cache 1

Cache 2

Zoom in and enjoy

I love star wars, but i dont like healers in star wars game...Its just plain stupid to me. I will still be watching movies on weekly basis, wow is game, star wars is movie franchise. IF u think ur bigger star wars fan then I am, no ur not, ppl are addicted to wow, am addicted to watching star wars movies, but i just wont gonna play it.HEALers in star wars, is just stupid as shit. Gamep is fantastic, but again healers in star wars, ffs bioware started adding idiotic shit pre realese. They are worse then blizz, blizz actually starts screwing lore and game after 2-3 years, but these guys over done it. After few more shit years of wow, ill prolly play twisted metal or something, cause mmo's are full of shit

I am Warlock - Play Free Online Games
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYq9v...layer_embedded -Vimpe (Tot)ally Fails 2 - Trailer VIMPE!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm excited for it to come out! :P

Quote Originally Posted by Airia View Post
    Figure I should contribute these...

These are google doc caches of work in progress pieces for the Art and Making of Star Wars the Old Republic book..

Cache 2

Zoom in and enjoy
    TEXT is quite unreadable unfortunately .. and i'm using a 40" 1080p monitor

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Janke View Post
    I love star wars, but i dont like healers in star wars game...Its just plain stupid to me. I will still be watching movies on weekly basis, wow is game, star wars is movie franchise. IF u think ur bigger star wars fan then I am, no ur not, ppl are addicted to wow, am addicted to watching star wars movies, but i just wont gonna play it.HEALers in star wars, is just stupid as shit. Gamep is fantastic, but again healers in star wars, ffs bioware started adding idiotic shit pre realese. They are worse then blizz, blizz actually starts screwing lore and game after 2-3 years, but these guys over done it. After few more shit years of wow, ill prolly play twisted metal or something, cause mmo's are full of shit
    \

Thanks for your fascinating contribution.

@Airia: Don't know where you dug those up from, but thank you. Those are incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by Arteous View Post
    TEXT is quite unreadable unfortunately .. and i'm using a 40" 1080p monitor
    I can read it if I use the zoom tool, I use a 32" 1080p myself

If you are unfamiliar with Google Docs, zoom, and give it a sec to refocus.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you think the Star Wars movies are the only thing in the franchise than you are blind.

P.S. Expanded Universe is more awesome than the movies.

Force Heal was in the first star wars rpg in the late 80s and was included in the first Jedi knight Game.

P.s.2: Please kill Dave Filoni before he destroy everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Airia View Post
    I can read it if I use the zoom tool, I use a 32" 1080p myself

If you are unfamiliar with Google Docs, zoom, and give it a sec to refocus.
    ahh i was archiving it to my harddrive and then trying to zoom .. figre it's going to be gone soon

edit. sucessfully archived now very nice find thanks again for finding it.
    Last edited by Arteous; 2011-06-26 at 09:44 PM.

Force heal was in KOTOR 1 & 2. And i can't remember the name of the plant, think it was Kolto, that were used by both the Republic and Empire for healing purposes, so classes can shoot kolto darts into people to heal them and call medical droids to heal other players. I don't see any problem with that

Quote Originally Posted by DarknessInfinite View Post
    Force heal was in KOTOR 1 & 2. And i can't remember the name of the plant, think it was Kolto, that were used by both the Republic and Empire for healing purposes, so classes can shoot kolto darts into people to heal them and call medical droids to heal other players. I don't see any problem with that
    Force Heal was also in the Jedi Knight games. Also healing probes isn't really screwing with the lore, from what I've seen of the healing it all seems to fit quite happily within the universe (and haven't seen any actual lore nerds complain yet)

Using the force to heal has been in Star Wars since the EU first started. They haven't screwed with the lore at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Needonboots View Post
    and haven't seen any actual lore nerds complain yet
    I count myself into that and i wont, its fine.

<------ Star Wars Lore nerd

I have no lore complaints with this game yet.

Except that romancing as a Jedi gives dark side points