The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stikz View Post
    Can someone that speaks german translate this?

Bei PvP-Gefechten kommen die Gefhrten nicht zum Einsatz zumindest nicht in den Warzones, den PvP-Instanzen von The Old Republic. Darin kmpfen Spielerteams der beiden Fraktionen gegeneinander, Republik gegen Imperium. Die Modi orientieren sich am klassischen Multiplayer-Repertoire, beispielsweise erobern die Spieler Kontrollpunkte, auch Capture the Flag-Varianten drfte es geben. In den bislang prsentierten Arenen bekmpften sich meist Viereroder Achterteams. Obs auch PvP-Groschlachten mit Dutzenden Mitstreitern gibt, lsst Georg Zoeller offen: Wir experimentieren derzeit mit den Spielerzahlen. Darber hinaus plant Bioware eine Warzone, in der auch Spieler derselben Fraktion gegeneinander antreten knnen als Notoption, falls sich nicht gengend Feinde finden.

Auch in der offenen Welt wird es zu PvP-Gefechten kommen, die laut Zoeller sogar Missionsziele bieten: Es wird auf den Planeten spezielle PvP-Aufgaben geben. Denkbar ist beispielsweise, dass die Fraktionen Gebude erobern oder feindliche Anfhrer ausschalten. Durch die Aufgaben geben wir den PvP-Kmpfern einen Rahmen und konzentrieren sie auf bestimmte Gebiete, fhrt Zoeller aus. Ob es auch bewaffnete Vehikel fr die Schlachten geben wird, beantwortet er mit einem vielsagenden: Vielleicht. Es knnte also durchaus sein, dass die Spieler mit feuerkrftigen Fahrzeugen aufeinander losgehen wenn schon nicht in der offenen Welt, dann zumindest in einer speziellen Warzone. Davon abgesehen soll man auch im Verlauf mancher normalen Quests gegen menschliche Gegner antreten. hnlich wie in Warhammer Online werden wohl bestimmte Einstze in umkmpfte Gebiete fhren, in denen man feindlichen Spielern ber den Weg laufen kann.
    Companions are not usable in Warzonse, the pvp instances of TOR. Teams of players from both factions fight against each other there, Republic versus Imperials. The Mods are classicle for Multiplayer games, like conquering control points and capture the flag variants. In the battles that have been shown it has been four vs. four, or eight vs. eight so far. Bioware also plans to do a warzone in which players of the same faction can compete, as to shorten queues.

In the open world there are going to be PVP-fights, and according to Zoeller even mission objectives: There will be special pvp objectives on the planets. It's possible that the factions will conquer buildings or take out enemy leaders. Zoeller: "With those objectives we're giving guidelines to the pvp and focus it on specific regions" On the question if there will be armed vehicles in battles, zoeller answered: "Maybe." That means, it could happen that players will fight each other with vehicles, if not on the open world then at least in Warzones.
    Other then that there are going to be normal quests where you will compete against other players. Similar to Warhammer online there also will be quests that lead to contested areas, in which you will meet enemy players.

Sorry, just did a quick translation. If something is unclear or formulated stupid, please tell and I'll recheck it.

Deleted
    NOBODY expects the Sith Inquisition!

Our chief weapon is Surprise. Surprise and fear. Fear and surprise... Our two weapons are fear and surprise.
    And ruthless efficiency. Our three weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency. And an almost fanatical devotion to the Emperor.
    Our four...no... *Amongst* our weapons.... Amongst our weaponry...are such elements as fear, surprise....

I'll come in again.

Thank you Jira was very helpfull

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Random beta videos: http://betacake.blogspot.com/2011/07...ndom-beta.html

Some of you probably seen a few of these already

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sith Inquisitor View Post
    NOBODY expects the Sith Inquisition!Our chief weapon is Surprise. Surprise and fear. Fear and surprise... Our two weapons are fear and surprise.And ruthless efficiency. Our three weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency. And an almost fanatical devotion to the Emperor. Our four...no... *Amongst* our weapons.... Amongst our weaponry...are such elements as fear, surprise.... I'll come in again.
    Well that fizzled out quickly. :P

Anyone hoping that bioware might release official talent trees soon? Once beta weekends start, with all the leaks that will happen we'll practically have them, and it would make a good friday update that would really bring up the moral of people following the game.
    Proud member of the SWTOR champagne room. Haters gonna hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Sith Inquisitor View Post
    NOBODY expects the Sith Inquisition!

Our chief weapon is Surprise. Surprise and fear. Fear and surprise... Our two weapons are fear and surprise.
    And ruthless efficiency. Our three weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency. And an almost fanatical devotion to the Emperor.
    Our four...no... *Amongst* our weapons.... Amongst our weaponry...are such elements as fear, surprise....

I'll come in again.
    I had to re-watch this sketch because of this post.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stikz View Post
    Can someone that speaks german translate this?

Bei PvP-Gefechten kommen die Gefhrten nicht zum Einsatz zumindest nicht in den Warzones, den PvP-Instanzen von The Old Republic. Darin kmpfen Spielerteams der beiden Fraktionen gegeneinander, Republik gegen Imperium. Die Modi orientieren sich am klassischen Multiplayer-Repertoire, beispielsweise erobern die Spieler Kontrollpunkte, auch Capture the Flag-Varianten drfte es geben. In den bislang prsentierten Arenen bekmpften sich meist Viereroder Achterteams. Obs auch PvP-Groschlachten mit Dutzenden Mitstreitern gibt, lsst Georg Zoeller offen: Wir experimentieren derzeit mit den Spielerzahlen. Darber hinaus plant Bioware eine Warzone, in der auch Spieler derselben Fraktion gegeneinander antreten knnen als Notoption, falls sich nicht gengend Feinde finden.

Auch in der offenen Welt wird es zu PvP-Gefechten kommen, die laut Zoeller sogar Missionsziele bieten: Es wird auf den Planeten spezielle PvP-Aufgaben geben. Denkbar ist beispielsweise, dass die Fraktionen Gebude erobern oder feindliche Anfhrer ausschalten. Durch die Aufgaben geben wir den PvP-Kmpfern einen Rahmen und konzentrieren sie auf bestimmte Gebiete, fhrt Zoeller aus. Ob es auch bewaffnete Vehikel fr die Schlachten geben wird, beantwortet er mit einem vielsagenden: Vielleicht. Es knnte also durchaus sein, dass die Spieler mit feuerkrftigen Fahrzeugen aufeinander losgehen wenn schon nicht in der offenen Welt, dann zumindest in einer speziellen Warzone. Davon abgesehen soll man auch im Verlauf mancher normalen Quests gegen menschliche Gegner antreten. hnlich wie in Warhammer Online werden wohl bestimmte Einstze in umkmpfte Gebiete fhren, in denen man feindlichen Spielern ber den Weg laufen kann.
    #

I'm native german speaker, i'll give it a shot:

"You won't see any companions be available in warzones.(the author calls them PvP instances) In these warzones teams of players from their respective faction face off against each other. (The following sentence is horrible to read, even in german, the author must be a shooter nerd or whatelse, so bear with me on this one.) The game modes may include classical multiplayer archetypes, such as control point or a CTF variants.(The last part of the sentence"dürfte es geben" pretty much shows, that the author makes wild assumptions on the game. The quoted part literally means "should be in there".)
    In the Arenas we have seen so far(yes he calls them arenas), there will be "four member" to "eight member" teams. Concerning "massive PvP battles", Georg Zoeller let us in the dark:"We are experimenting with the player numbers." Furthermore, Bioware plans to introduce a Warzone, where player teams from the same faction face off against each other; as a "last resort" option. (Another wild assumption. Anyone remotely knowledgeable in TOR is already aware of the third, "secret" warzone, Huttball.)

There will also be Open world PvP (Duh), according zo Zoeller, several planets will offer "special" PvP objectives:" It might be possible to capture enemy buildings and kill enemy leaders. We want to give PvPers a good enviroment and we will concetrate on certain zones."(Zoeller Quote ends) Concerning controllable vehicles, Zoeller answers with a: "maybe." (Wild assumtions start here again, tiresome to read, to say the least) Even thoug we won't be able to use vehicles in the open world for PvP combat, we might see this option coming for Warzones. Furthermore, it has been said that you will face off against enemy players over the course of your questing experience (it's called ganking, duh.) Similar to Warhammer online, some Missions will lead you into contested territory, where you will come across enemy players by chance.

my final comments: The short text is utter garbage in the original. If i had to take a wild guess, i would say some douchebag from the gamestar magazine wrote that crap. More likely someone with little to none MMo experience. I highly doubt that the person who wrote that, has even met Georg Zoeller.
    Last edited by mmocc5db4f7881; 2011-07-28 at 07:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do we know if warfronts and flashpoints will be cross-server? I can't remember reading if they were or not. I really hope so after Rift's single-shard queue debacle. Rift is the only game that you could queue with tank+healer+dps+dps and still wait 3 hours for a 3rd dps to join. It makes me so sad

10+ Year Old Account
    I must have missed it, where dis the loot bag info come from?

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by link064 View Post
    Do we know if warfronts and flashpoints will be cross-server? I can't remember reading if they were or not. I really hope so after Rift's single-shard queue debacle. Rift is the only game that you could queue with tank+healer+dps+dps and still wait 3 hours for a 3rd dps to join. It makes me so sad
    From what's been said, there is no cross-server anything.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

I just had a funny thought.

"Arse specced merc, lfg!"
    Proud member of the SWTOR champagne room. Haters gonna hate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    I must have missed it, where dis the loot bag info come from?
    http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=399584

there
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragingtortoise View Post
    Anyone hoping that bioware might release official talent trees soon? Once beta weekends start, with all the leaks that will happen we'll practically have them, and it would make a good friday update that would really bring up the moral of people following the game.
    Once the weekend beta thing starts, they are going to have to bring down the NDA because at that point stuff will be leaking everywhere. Hopefully that entails them releasing talent trees and other info on their website. But frankly, don't hold your breath. If the development cycle and release of information so far are any indication, it will be third party websites that will pop up with completed talent calculators, like Betacake, and the only difference is Bioware won't be slapping them with an DMCA notice. Wouldn't surprise me if we don't see updates like that on the main website until after launch based on their current pace of updating about one item or less on there per week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, people, I know what it's from. I expected it to be better. More ... grandiose. What ever. Shut up.

That little german blurb was more info about PvP than we've heard. Here's hoping to tomorrow's update being about Pee Vee Pee

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwald View Post
    Yes, people, I know what it's from. I expected it to be better. More ... grandiose. What ever. Shut up.

That little german blurb was more info about PvP than we've heard. Here's hoping to tomorrow's update being about Pee Vee Pee
    The problem is, gamestar makes up most of their articles. I know how they work. The head editors would sell their mother for a good, made up story.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    At ComicCon, it sounded like PvP (and loads of other things) were planned to be really shown at PAX.

They had a lot of people from the official forums come play flashpoints at ComicCon, so I'm sure a Friday update will be a video montange of that, but I don't know if they've had time to edit that together for tomorrow or if it'll be next week.

Because that comment is any better.

Depending on how hard each Operation is or most exactly, how hard each level of the operation is (Normal > heroic) We might not "out gear" it, if they do it correctly. I wish I could find the dev quote where DE said that there is so much to do at end game that you won't NEED to roll an alt.
    BioWare said we will have enough content for our main character and there wont be a need to roll an alt like it is in WoW for example

In WoW if u dont roll an alt u are pretty much crippled in terms of serious raiding due to professions and other things

In SWTOR not only that wont be a problem but u wont be bored with character and if i remember right we have Illum which is a planet dedicated for solo play at max lvl (imagine huge daily hub area with possible PvP action colission)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    An orc named after Jesus firing a kamehameha at a tentacle dragon and making it explode into fairy dust before a group of dragons don't lament the loss of their once-friend or the now inevitable extinction of their species due to their newfound sterility and mortality but instead congratulate him on knocking up his wife was pretty fucking insane even by this series' standards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    From what's been said, there is no cross-server anything.
    Well then let's hope that they pack those servers like a Harry Potter movie's opening night.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantelija View Post
    BioWare said we will have enough content for our main character and there wont be a need to roll an alt like it is in WoW for example

In WoW if u dont roll an alt u are pretty much crippled in terms of serious raiding due to professions and other things

In SWTOR not only that wont be a problem but u wont be bored with character and if i remember right we have Illum which is a planet dedicated for solo play at max lvl (imagine huge daily hub area with possible PvP action colission)
    I will take that with a pinch of salt, constant dailies are not my idea of end game content unless they contain good unique story every day.