Quote Originally Posted by noahjam326 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Orca
    [snip by Orca]

I've never seen what the big fuss over BC is.

[snip by Orca]
    It used to be the number one stop for SWTOR leaks. They had consistently new content that was usually very high quality. They had hundreds of leaked screenshots, some of the first leaked videos, etc.. Then when he announced the work on a talent calculator is was basically the peak of the websites success. The Q&A's were also really really good when they were first introduced. The problem with them now is that there's really nothing major to reveal. The Q&A's are basically just pointless now and serve only as reviews with poor structure.
    Wow. I wonder what happened. I initially heard about BC and went to the site only to see "we're moving" and then when the new site came up, they apparently didn't even bother posting ANY of the old content you mentioned. I can't understand that. As someone who used to do web sites for a living once upon a time, we'd never introduce a "new" version of a page or site until it had content and was ready to go. There's no way we'd go from [tons of great content (as it appears they once had)] to [completely blank and maybe we'll have more than a placeholder page in a week or two].

Thanks for clueing me in. Sorry I missed it. [goes back to checking all the other sites again]

10+ Year Old Account
    well, just got what i hope to be my last 60 day time card for WoW. goes till Oct 20th. you hear that BW/EA? u got till then to get this game out!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamos77 View Post
    PvP gear will give a maximum of 10% bonus compared to PvE gear. So even with no PvP gear you're not gonna get slaughtered in PvP as 10% isn't gamebreaking imo.

It's been confirmed a few times and more recently by the developer in charge of pvp, Gabe Amantangelo only last friday.

Here is the interview:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhToJ9h0RmA&hd=1

Hope that helps mate.
    thanks alot

Morning everyone, been a couple days since I posted anything.

Got some IA Operative skills on alterswtor in addition to a long stream of beta footage. The more and more I see of the IA, the more I can see it being an alt for me on the Empire side...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaronicity View Post
    Morning everyone, been a couple days since I posted anything.

Got some IA Operative skills on alterswtor in addition to a long stream of beta footage. The more and more I see of the IA, the more I can see it being an alt for me on the Empire side...
    IA does seem to be a very cool class, if they could tank it would be my main instead of a bounty hunter.

omg i want this game

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by noahjam326 View Post
    So I was going through the dev tracker and was shocked to learn that there are people actually complaining that Huttball doesn't make sense. I've seen some petty things, but the complaints are really really awful.
    how does it not make sense? You and your team have to grab the ball from the wierd floaty thing it somehow spaws in, then run it to the end (not forgetting to do a dance when you get there, or the goal doesn't count) while your enemy team tries to kill you (this is a BAD thing, as if you kill you you get sent back to your goal, on the other end of the pitch and well away from all the scory goodness) , at the same time your defenders will be attacking there attackers to try and stop them from attacking you (Also a bad thing, if you kill the defenders they will go back to THERE goal, which is where you're trying to get to, so the more people that you kill on the way the bigger the wall of enemies will be when you get to the goal).

oh and all the time you're doing this you have to avoid the trap set out by the nasty nasty people of Czerka (pronounce Cherka... who knew?)

sooner or later, all games become Calvinball

Quote Originally Posted by randomone05 View Post
    well, just got what i hope to be my last 60 day time card for WoW. goes till Oct 20th. you hear that BW/EA? u got till then to get this game out!
    sadly I went onto my account yesterday, as I remembered my 6 month sub updates on the 21st of Aug and wanted to swap to a short sub, sadly turns out it updates on the 11th, so I'm now subbed up till Feb... anyone know if you get any money back for cancelling 1/2 way through a sub?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Do we have any leaked screenshots of the Smuggler Talent/Skill Trees?

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    sadly I went onto my account yesterday, as I remembered my 6 month sub updates on the 21st of Aug and wanted to swap to a short sub, sadly turns out it updates on the 11th, so I'm now subbed up till Feb... anyone know if you get any money back for cancelling 1/2 way through a sub?
    You can't afaik. Maybe you could contact the billing department and tell them it was a mistake or a missclick and you wanted to get a 3 month sub. Who knows you might persuade them to return the extra money.

10+ Year Old Account

i would assume that u could get on the horn with blizz and would be able to work something out.
    but you know what they say about assuming :P

Deleted
    anyone know if you get any money back for cancelling 1/2 way through a sub?
    Pretty sure you can't get any money back. Guess that's the downside of 1/2 year subs. They're mean that way :/

This might sound like a somewhat weird question, but how much do we now know about the differences / similarities between Smuggler and IA?
    I love smug, but my guild's rolling Empire. . .

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice interview. Nothing new, but better than nothing :P

SWTOR: Loveray Legacy @ Tomb of Freedon Nadd | Toyboy • Spray • Loveshot • Thrilldrill • Seax • Penetro • Hotgun • Lustro
    FFXIV ARR: Thrill Drill | Odin EU
    • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
    Swtor eyecandy mm-mmmm! :Þ~

how does it not make sense? You and your team have to grab the ball from the wierd floaty thing it somehow spaws in, then run it to the end (not forgetting to do a dance when you get there, or the goal doesn't count) while your enemy team tries to kill you (this is a BAD thing, as if you kill you you get sent back to your goal, on the other end of the pitch and well away from all the scory goodness) , at the same time your defenders will be attacking there attackers to try and stop them from attacking you (Also a bad thing, if you kill the defenders they will go back to THERE goal, which is where you're trying to get to, so the more people that you kill on the way the bigger the wall of enemies will be when you get to the goal).

oh and all the time you're doing this you have to avoid the trap set out by the nasty nasty people of Czerka (pronounce Cherka... who knew?)

you can't get the money back from blizz, you can try disputing it through your credit card if you used a Visa.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eightace View Post
    IA does seem to be a very cool class, if they could tank it would be my main instead of a bounty hunter.
    It does indeed.
    I'm still torn on whether to stick with Inquisitor healer or whether to go with IA healer.
    Will either have to flip a coin or just try them both and see which is better.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varabently View Post
    you can't get the money back from blizz, you can try disputing it through your credit card if you used a Visa.
    That can bring a perma ban to your whole battle.net account (that mean any Starcraft 2, diablo 3 wont be accessible online) i dont recommend going that way.

Kinda like Eye of the Storm (ball instead of flag), except you can throw the ball to teammates, intercept from others, play against your own faction (yay!), and the VO & interactive comments look amazing. Can't wait.

Negative on getting your money back from prepaid time on WoW. Once they have your money, thats it. You get a discount on a per month basis with multi-month packs, but buying them is part of the risk I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by wg15 View Post
    so, i was one of the lucky goes who could play this game in front of all at the gamesom...and, yeah, what should I say? I was really excited for the game, preordered it etc. I cancelled the pre order.

The classes are monotonous. After 10 minutes I just pushed 2 buttons. And that for every class. The tanky classes....activate your shield, run in, wait, that the others kill the mobs. The combat. Pure. Quests at the beginning? Really boring. Really REALLY boring. More "talk to him and them" than everything else. Graphics try to be real but are way too cartoonish for that. Gameplay overall...nothing else then in other games...

Really, i am so sad that that version sucked so hard. They have to change a lot of things or this game will be dead after maybe 2 months like Rift was (yeah, i know, there are always some fanboys...but you know)
    Thanks for your opinion... But tons of other people have played it and loved it

Deleted
    so, i was one of the lucky goes who could play this game in front of all at the gamesom...and, yeah, what should I say? I was really excited for the game, preordered it etc. I cancelled the pre order.

The classes are monotonous. After 10 minutes I just pushed 2 buttons. And that for every class. The tanky classes....activate your shield, run in, wait, that the others kill the mobs. The combat. Pure. Quests at the beginning? Really boring. Really REALLY boring. More "talk to him and them" than everything else. Graphics try to be real but are way too cartoonish for that. Gameplay overall...nothing else then in other games...

Really, i am so sad that that version sucked so hard. They have to change a lot of things or this game will be dead after maybe 2 months like Rift was (yeah, i know, there are always some fanboys...but you know)
    Yep, it will be dead because you said so... oh wait.

Sorry you feel that way. After everything I've seen it doesn't look remotely boring to me, but there's no game out there that satisfies everyone.

Deleted
    that should be the WoW Haters who would love to see that any game would be better than that (which nearly every game is now)

and that is not just my opinion. A whole bunch of people was really disappionted of the game at the gamescom.

Whatever I say...if they don't change all those things you will see after some months playing...

EDIT: Only remember Rift how "awesome" it was...and then? But why do I talk? Fanboys are Fanboys, Haters are Haters, people who cry after they played it because they wasted money again will make me smile.

That would have been the only MMORPG for me, but the time for MMORPGs died for me yesterday
    You have your opinion and thanks for sharing, but your opinion doesn't mean anything. The game is good, the game will be successful, RIFT is sucessful, that's all i matters. If you don't like story, if you don't like the old combat mechanics then please do us a favor and search for other games.

More "talk to him and them" than everything else.
    But that's great isn't it?
    and by the way one of the specialties this game is known for.
    I can understand though, thats not something thats really fun with time pressure in a hall with thousands of people