Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wg15 View Post
    so, i was one of the lucky goes who could play this game in front of all at the gamesom...and, yeah, what should I say? I was really excited for the game, preordered it etc. I cancelled the pre order.

The classes are monotonous. After 10 minutes I just pushed 2 buttons. And that for every class. The tanky classes....activate your shield, run in, wait, that the others kill the mobs. The combat. Pure. Quests at the beginning? Really boring. Really REALLY boring. More "talk to him and them" than everything else. Graphics try to be real but are way too cartoonish for that. Gameplay overall...nothing else then in other games...

Really, i am so sad that that version sucked so hard. They have to change a lot of things or this game will be dead after maybe 2 months like Rift was (yeah, i know, there are always some fanboys...but you know)
    Erm we got to play level 1 characters.....what did you expect??????? Of course you have very few buttons to push.......in these 20 minutes you got to level 2 and thats it. You got maybe 2 story quests and some "kill x critters" side quest.....LOL. Well for me it was a LOT better then my level 1 and 2 gameplay in WOW and AION for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    so, i was one of the lucky goes who could play this game in front of all at the gamesom...and, yeah, what should I say? I was really excited for the game, preordered it etc. I cancelled the pre order.

The classes are monotonous. After 10 minutes I just pushed 2 buttons. And that for every class. The tanky classes....activate your shield, run in, wait, that the others kill the mobs. The combat. Pure. Quests at the beginning? Really boring. Really REALLY boring. More "talk to him and them" than everything else. Graphics try to be real but are way too cartoonish for that. Gameplay overall...nothing else then in other games...

Really, i am so sad that that version sucked so hard. They have to change a lot of things or this game will be dead after maybe 2 months like Rift was (yeah, i know, there are always some fanboys...but you know)
    thanks for your opinion. everyone has the right to their opinion. and my opinion based on what i have seen of this game is it WONT be dead anytime soon after launch.
    and ofc for every person who says "lulz, i played beta and at PAX and at gamescon and it was huge mega ultra fail", theres at least 100 of us saying the exact opposite.

again, thats your opinion and you have the right to that. but we have the right to not give a shit either

Deleted
    Where can i find low level leaked gameplay that hasnt been deleted cos eveything i seem to see has been deleted by mods or is about sith warriors

10+ Year Old Account

Pity you cancelled ur pre ordered based on such a small amount of game play. Im interested to know on what you based your decision to pre order in the first place.
    SWTOR: Loveray Legacy @ Tomb of Freedon Nadd | Toyboy • Spray • Loveshot • Thrilldrill • Seax • Penetro • Hotgun • Lustro
    FFXIV ARR: Thrill Drill | Odin EU
    • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
    Swtor eyecandy mm-mmmm! :Þ~

@wg15

Now go back to WoW and give me a 10 minute review at level 1.

that should be the WoW Haters who would love to see that any game would be better than that (which nearly every game is now)

and that is not just my opinion. A whole bunch of people was really disappionted of the game at the gamescom.

Whatever I say...if they don't change all those things you will see after some months playing...

EDIT: Only remember Rift how "awesome" it was...and then? But why do I talk? Fanboys are Fanboys, Haters are Haters, people who cry after they played it because they wasted money again will make me smile.

That would have been the only MMORPG for me, but the time for MMORPGs died for me yesterday
    My best times in WoW were playing a warlock and only having a couple buttons, 1 direct damage, 2 dots .. in Vanilla. Having excessive buttons in the latest expansion didn't add any value to it, at all.

Games with ultra realistic graphics don't age well. The original Mario, Zelda, Sonic, Megaman are definitely cartoony but are still enjoyable to play for example.

No, no, just read my text correctly. There were 8 people wh could "raid" something in fornt of all...I was one of that and we played max level characters.

Of course you don't have a shit for my opinion...but IF it will suck then I don't want to see so many fucking QQers all the time again...yeah, you heard right. Not WoW is bad, not Rift is bad....it's only the playerbase, and that is why i won't ever play MMORPGs again after the day yesterday
    You have more than 2 abilities at max level. You're not making any sense. ;p

Deleted
    No, no, just read my text correctly. There were 8 people wh could "raid" something in fornt of all...I was one of that and we played max level characters.

Of course you don't have a shit for my opinion...but IF it will suck then I don't want to see so many fucking QQers all the time again...yeah, you heard right. Not WoW is bad, not Rift is bad....it's only the playerbase, and that is why i won't ever play MMORPGs again after the day yesterday
    You didn't said anything about raids, in your original post. You didn't even know how to explain properly. Also i've seen the raids and you don't jut push two buttons for sure.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stikz View Post
    You didn't said anything about raids, in your original post. You didn't even know how to explain properly. Also i've seen the raids and you don't jut push two buttons for sure.
    You do if you're shit

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jess0r View Post
    You do if you're shit
    True!! Lol

....it's only the playerbase, and that is why i won't ever play MMORPGs again after the day yesterday
    If you are saying the reason for never playing a MMORPG again after yesterday's demo is because of the playerbase ... I can only wonder what they said to you .. did they make fun of you?

Deleted
    but you don't need the ~40 Abilites we had. Understood now? That is the main problem I have.
    SO you're judging it by having played the beggining of the raid? you're awesome. LOL

Deleted
    but you don't need the ~40 Abilites we had. Understood now? That is the main problem I have.
    Arc mage says hi ^_^ btw i think you are troll or stupid. no offence

10+ Year Old Account

Honestly I know this is feeding the troll but I am 100% sure you were not one of the 8 Raiders who ran the operation in front of all. That was a handpicked team of experienced beta testers and just from your explanations you have zero to none experience. Stop spouting nonsense and leave. You have 2 abilities when you start the game...i am level 8 in the beta and i have more abilities than space on a single bar already...
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Deleted
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyS680jQhG4

there is a video from the days before (they probably did it more often ^^)

just look at the character who is playing in front. Auto attacks, one to two attacks. THat is what everyone made (and these in the videos are really bad)
    Too bad there is no auto-attack in TOR, clown.

10+ Year Old Account
    what race did you play?
    what class did you play?
    what "raid" did you go to?
    what planet was it on?

answer these in detail and i will believe you actually played the game. if you can't answer any of these, the door is over there --------->

Deleted
    Don't feed him, he doesn't have a clue of what he's saying. Btw bloofwulf what class are you playing?

Deleted
    The fact he slags off SWTOR in his sig proves his true intent in this thread.

Deleted
    It would indeed intrigue me to see based on which reasons you orginally pre-ordered SWTOR.
    If I am not mistaken you seriously just cancelled your order because you were put into an awkward position of having to play a game you had never played before, infront of a very loud and obnoxious crowd while you naturally could not know what you were supposed to do. Not to mention the obvious and natural lack of information on what skill to use, how to engange in combat properly, how to deal with certain mechanics, etc.
    You basically quit the game before even playing it just because you didn't get that instant understanding of every of those "~40 abilities" you had while trying to understand a brand-new game with all its mechanics to start with. I must admit it's hard for me to understand what else you really were expecting there and what made you choose to just drop everything (incl. other MMOs as you say.) Must have been one life changing 15 minute encounter.

Now, if you excuse me, I really need that cookie back. Apparently I am not allowed to feed you.

Deleted
    Well, after seeing some actual gameplay (sith warrior and smuggler) I can't say that I'm all that enthusiastic. IT really just looks like your normal mmo, but in space. And to be honest space is not as appealing as fantasy worlds. Don't get me wrong, the game itself is really well put together and the story looks nice, even on par with some single player games. But it just does not bring anything new. If you are bored of wow than there is very little for you to seek there. If you just don't like wow, it's a very nice game to pick up. So far it really looks like a "Rift in future".

On a related note, I got rather hooked on two other games that were on gamescon, but I never was interested in before. I mean GW2 and Terra. GW being the more traditional approach (I don't really like the everyone can heal, since I play healer in wow...), yet it just feels like a nicer experience. Yeah, a fan of Star Wars universe would prefer questing on SWTOR, but for an outsider, GW seem to offer a better experience. At least at lower levels.
    And Terra just looks really fun with it's action combat. It might get boring at higher levels (tank stands in-front of boss, all DPS is behind and just attack it) or it can ended up suffering the Cabal syndrome, but it's at very least worth trying out.