Deleted

Dropping Engi For BS?

Hello guys, i've got Engi/Jc on my paladin who is holy/ret, but i was thinking to drop Engi for BS.
    Yes Engi helm is kinda BiS until heroic modes, but i just started heroic modes ( 1/13 ), also BS seems good money maker in long run?
    Nobody knows if engi will get their helms updated, while in WotLK BS got pattern updates every tier? I'll level mainly by AH, gold isn't an issue.
    So thats your opinion, should i change them..or?

Ill help you out a little here.
    The engi helm is strong and is a nice free early epic.
    If you started on hardmodes, it is maybe not to long before its replaced, depending on spec/luck.
    Blacksmithing and Jewelcrafting is 2 strong professions, because they can be customized in a better way than any other professions can.
    Blacksmithing do not bring to much money if you dont know how to push the max out off it (using it right, u can make up to 30 times more than what people usually do).
    So, engi can make the gun but as I understood its not a great moneymaker, so if you need money and can replace the helm, go for BS (its expensive to lvl though)
    I would go for BS only if you can replace the helm even, as I find that as the biggest advantage from engi.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanto94 View Post
    Ill help you out a little here.
    The engi helm is strong and is a nice free early epic.
    If you started on hardmodes, it is maybe not to long before its replaced, depending on spec/luck.
    Blacksmithing and Jewelcrafting is 2 strong professions, because they can be customized in a better way than any other professions can.
    Blacksmithing do not bring to much money if you dont know how to push the max out off it (using it right, u can make up to 30 times more than what people usually do).
    So, engi can make the gun but as I understood its not a great moneymaker, so if you need money and can replace the helm, go for BS (its expensive to lvl though)
    I would go for BS only if you can replace the helm even, as I find that as the biggest advantage from engi.
    I've got 8 orb's on me, which i don't use. Lately i buy truegold and hardened bar's from AH, and craft Chest + waist, no matter i pay 200g/orb to some random BS's, i still get like 1,5-2k profit from it ;p So can't agree BS isn't good money making proff :P
    Also yes with bracer+gloves extra sockets can have more customized etc Guess will go BS then.. ;p
    Waiting for couple more opinions ;]
    Thanks

Deleted
    Synapse Springs is one of the better profession perks though. Unless, of course, you're a tank.
    Last edited by mmoc0a04ed3db8; 2011-03-24 at 09:15 AM.

Deleted
    I would say if you are going to stay as Ret/Holy then go with Enchanting instead. It will probably give you more profit than BS, and if you raid or solo a lot having the ability to DE old gear/random stuff is always great!

However if you ever go Prot, and prefer the 40 mastery gems to stamina, I would suggest going BS instead as that is the only proff (along with JC) that allows you to increase mastery outside normal gemming.

Hope I helped

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JLarks View Post
    I would say if you are going to stay as Ret/Holy then go with Enchanting instead. It will probably give you more profit than BS, and if you raid or solo a lot having the ability to DE old gear/random stuff is always great!

However if you ever go Prot, and prefer the 40 mastery gems to stamina, I would suggest going BS instead as that is the only proff (along with JC) that allows you to increase mastery outside normal gemming.

Hope I helped
    I've got enchanting on my alt, so every BoE goes there to be DE'd, also don't like enchanting much;/

Have you thought about Alchemy at all?

If you raid then you'll like Alchemy. At guild level 23 1 guild cauldron flask lasts for 4 hours with the Alchemy buff. If you've an alt with herby or anything on it (and if you don't, make one!), you'll basically just make profit making flasks. They are god awful expensive. It's much cheaper to buy the guild cauldron flasks but you would be surprised at how many people DON'T! When we started making them, we couldn't get enough people to take them... and our raid leader expressed extreme confusion over the fact. People just have no idea what guild cauldrons can do for them.

I'm not sure about BS being a great money maker. It definitely takes a lot more effort than Alchemy but people will pay a lot more. Nowadays I make a stack of flasks a few times a week and sell them for ~2.2k. I never really put that much effort into BS simply because it does require dungeon farming, whereas Alchemy does not.

Either way gl with your decision.
    Secure accounts ftw!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Clempson View Post
    "KING VARIAN, DEATHWING HAS DESTROYED HALF OF STORMWIND, WHAT DO WE DO!?"

"Build a statue of your king."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Willelm View Post
    Have you thought about Alchemy at all?

If you raid then you'll like Alchemy. At guild level 23 1 guild cauldron flask lasts for 4 hours with the Alchemy buff. If you've an alt with herby or anything on it (and if you don't, make one!), you'll basically just make profit making flasks. They are god awful expensive. It's much cheaper to buy the guild cauldron flasks but you would be surprised at how many people DON'T! When we started making them, we couldn't get enough people to take them... and our raid leader expressed extreme confusion over the fact. People just have no idea what guild cauldrons can do for them.

I'm not sure about BS being a great money maker. It definitely takes a lot more effort than Alchemy but people will pay a lot more. Nowadays I make a stack of flasks a few times a week and sell them for ~2.2k. I never really put that much effort into BS simply because it does require dungeon farming, whereas Alchemy does not.

Either way gl with your decision.
    I've got alch on alt.
    My guild provides flasks for me i need only my own food.
    On my realm flasks are 25-35g/pc...so kinda pointless :P