Deleted

Dealing with chimaeron

Our guild is finally up to chimaeron and started tries on him yesterday. To cut a long story short, we only got to the final phase once. We were 9/10 guild group, one of the healers was a pug. It was an interesting fight but quite stressful for healers, so I thought I'd see how the rest of you deal with it.

Our tactic was to have me heal my group, the pugged disc priest healed his group and our holy tank healed himself and the offtank.
    How I decided to deal with it was to only use one flash heal on every person below 10k. It's fast enough to let me save two people in my group if needed, and it heals ca 15-20k. On massacre, I use one PoH and one CoH and everyone is safe. When no one is my group is in need of a heal, I tried to keep renew and PoM on the offtank to help the holy pala. Once feud starts I immediately throw Sanctuary on the ground and PoM on myself, I've already made sure a fresh lightwell is up. I then spam PoH with CoH on cooldown.
    Anyone have any extra pointers if it can be made even safer or effective? (Our main issue was the pugger not being able to keep his group up even if I told him to use the same tactic I did).

Another thing, I later uploaded the tries on WoL and saw that I peaked at 40k HPS during feud. Did my logs bug out or something? 40k sounds completely ridiculous. Would be cool if other people here shared their raids HPS so I can see if our guild is doing acceptable in that area.

Deleted
    Are you dying when spread or during fued?

If you are dying when spread make sure that people care about their healing targets and their healing targets ONLY, cross healing especially on Chima makes me raaaaage (Generally the cross healers are the worst for linking HPS meters for no reason too)

If you are dying during fued then you could try having a Tranquility/Divine Hymn/Lightwell/Healthstone/Divine Guardian etc. rotation so that you always have extra healing during every single fued instead of just maxing everyones HP easily for 1 fued and then having a super hard time on the next.

Deleted
    "holy tank"
    Does this mean your holy paladin is tanking the boss, eating the breaks and healing himself and the offtank?
    Because the tank eats break stacks which reduces healing done by 20% per stack. (4 stacks = 80%)
    Rather take a dps as main tank (like ret palli or a dk with aggro buff / presence) and let your paladin heal one group, imo paladins are quite good as grp healer at chimaeron.

But well, when the biggest problem was the pug healer then you should try with another one, I've come across some healers who aren't able to heal this encounter efficently. Also make sure he has some kind of grid / vuhdo etc. which displays the debuff the people get when they are under 10k.

Deleted
    There is a more efficient way of dealing with the group healing while the bot is online, which is inspired from how Anub'arak was healed back in togc:

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...himmarker.aspx

This addon will mark the two players who get hit with a star and a circle, and you just assign one mark to one healer. That way, you can always keep the person up by using your cheap heal.

Your post does not state whether you're attempting him on heroic or normal mode, but i assume the latter is the case. During feud, the healing should really not be a problem. If you are still having problems, use some raid cooldowns.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ot4ku-mh View Post
    "holy tank"
    Does this mean your holy paladin is tanking the boss, eating the breaks and healing himself and the offtank?
    Because the tank eats break stacks which reduces healing done by 20% per stack. (4 stacks = 80%)
    Rather take a dps as main tank (like ret palli or a dk with aggro buff / presence) and let your paladin heal one group, imo paladins are quite good as grp healer at chimaeron.

But well, when the biggest problem was the pug healer then you should try with another one, I've come across some healers who aren't able to heal this encounter efficently. Also make sure he has some kind of grid / vuhdo etc. which displays the debuff the people get when they are under 10k.
    Nah, I meant a holy paladin healer was focusing on keeping the offtank topped (and also caring for himself if he got posion).

As for the addon showing circle and star, that's a really cool idea. Will definitely look into getting that for our next run.

u should be able to heal all the raid ur self ull need help on fued just keep reneqwing the targets and coh theres no need to fh waste of mana drop ur sanc on fued have evryone stack and aoe heal the hell out of them realy easy fight just gotta get the hang of it

Time a POH to land immediately after massacre hits, gives you a nice head start on healing up. Generally, I start casting POH when massacre is 1.5 seconds from hitting.

Deleted
    Renew is way too slow to heal from 1hp to 10k and there's no way keeping the whole raid renewed is more efficient than 2 flashheals per poision, especially not if you need CoH as well anyway... Sorry, but this doesn't sound viable at all.
    Last edited by mmocfb462d8891; 2011-03-24 at 01:51 PM.

u dont keep renew on entire
    raid spec into the renew instant and renew 1 target as soon as hes hit renew the other person 2 times 10k health everytime. and watch the classes in ur raid some self heal alot u dont have to heal them as much and stay on top of classes that dont like mages and hunters

If the pugged healer is disc, with (assuming this) no past experience with Chimereon, that would be an issue. Since disc priests are more absorbs than heals, their utility isn't maximized in the fight. It might be better to have the disc priest focusing on the tanks, and have the holy pally help the raid, with beacon helping out on the tank. The best thing about disc priests in this fight is during fued, where they can use CD's to help with damage output on the raid. If you can manage tonight to not bring the disc priest, you should be able to two-three shot the boss.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathmorne View Post
    If the pugged healer is disc, with (assuming this) no past experience with Chimereon, that would be an issue. Since disc priests are more absorbs than heals, their utility isn't maximized in the fight. It might be better to have the disc priest focusing on the tanks, and have the holy pally help the raid, with beacon helping out on the tank. The best thing about disc priests in this fight is during fued, where they can use CD's to help with damage output on the raid. If you can manage tonight to not bring the disc priest, you should be able to two-three shot the boss.
    You're completely right, I should definitely have asked the paly and disc to switch places once we noticed that the disc priest couldn't keep up. A disc must be pretty golden for that job anyway since he can time his shields to be up just before double attack occurs etc.