Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ayako View Post
    Lol!

I just hope there is a third company to enter the market. The midrange market to start.. then hopefully highend. As long as they don't do SoC to start out with.
    There already is, and they own the largest share of the total market by quite a bit.

Intel says hi :3

Quote Originally Posted by Termy View Post
    There already is, and they own the largest share of the total market by quite a bit.

Intel says hi :3
    I don't see them ever entering the enthusiast graphics market. They're marketing towards midstream at best.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah they are quite content with sitting on the low/mid-end and just dominating everything there.

Oh well.. At least I can hope for Bulldozer's success to drive down the high-end prices. I remember when the most high end CPUs were only hundred(s) above the next step, instead of twofold...

Deleted
    Its less demanding than Crysis 1
    Actually its more demanding depending what gfx you set it to through /ini hacking.
    With triple SLI 580s + i7-2600K OC @ 4.5GHz you will still get 4 FPS :O

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    The CPU prices alone are not really a problem, but since Intel are currently king of the Hill when it comes to gaming, you also have to buy a brand new motherboard everytime, doubling the cost of a CPu upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandurin View Post
    Actually its more demanding depending what gfx you set it to through /ini hacking.
    Yea I'm getting 5-6 when I use the advanced tool

Quote Originally Posted by Tandurin View Post

Maybe with driver updates we'll see it go up.

The CPU prices alone are not really a problem, but since Intel are currently king of the Hill when it comes to gaming, you also have to buy a brand new motherboard everytime, doubling the cost of a CPu upgrade.
    They're not a problem but they're not as cheap as they used to be.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    My framerates are pretty bad too when I use the advanced tool. Guess I need to hurry up on my watercooling project so I can overclock my 2 480's some more :S

My framerates are pretty bad too when I use the advanced tool. Guess I need to hurry up on my watercooling project so I can overclock my 2 480's some more :S
    I'm getting a solid 100+ FPS in the ingame max settings though.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm getting a solid 100+ FPS in the ingame max settings though.
    Haven't really had the time to test my current setup (work work, sigh), so not sure what to expect once I really start playing.

Guessing I'm going to get decent framerates though. Or rather I better get decent framerates.

Haven't really had the time to test my current setup (work work, sigh), so not sure what to expect once I really start playing.

Guessing I'm going to get decent framerates though. Or rather I better get decent framerates.
    I'm still patiently waiting to see if DX11 will make it look better. It looks decent enough though, I like the DoF.

I really want to get my hands on one of these bad boys. If they have been known to "blow up" during tests, then I SUPER want one! It's like cracking a whip on a horse. Sometimes if it's going to damn slow, you just want it to speed up! then speed up some more! and more and more and more! until it's going so friggen fast it EXPLODES WITH AWSOMENESS AND RAINS IRL UI!
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSuze View Post
    You've mistakenly made the assumption that I'm not capable of buying MORE poutine.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still patiently waiting to see if DX11 will make it look better. It looks decent enough though, I like the DoF.
    What GPU are you using? Your signature only has your CPU, which I might add made my i7-2600k cry :/

What GPU are you using? Your signature only has your CPU, which I might add made my i7-2600k cry :/
    I am under NDA for it at the moment. But for reference with the 580 I also get 100 so it seems to be somewhat CPU bound at those settings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Very disappointed in this card as well as 6990. Really its not worth the money unless you going to have a Quad GPU setup which will be dam expensive! Really if you want a good card i would deffo go with 570,580 or AMD's 6970 / 5970. In my honest honest opinion i would pass this card and wait for some better dual GPU next year when they have new models or simply buy a cheaper card now runnin in SLI/Crossfire mode which will come cheaper by $100 give or take and faster.

Don't.

Images from Techspot (For full review visit Techspot)
    Last edited by Mister K; 2011-03-26 at 12:06 PM.

I honestly don't typically like dual GPU cards, as they're usually just underclocked/tuned versions of the previous chip.

Bloodsail Admiral dicertification's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterspark View Post
    Very disappointed in this card as well as 6990. Really its not worth the money unless you going to have a Quad GPU setup which will be dam expensive! Really if you want a good card i would deffo go with 570,580 or AMD's 6970 / 5970. In my honest honest opinion i would pass this card and wait for some better dual GPU next year when they have new models or simply buy a cheaper card now runnin in SLI/Crossfire mode which will come cheaper by $100 give or take and faster.

Don't.

Images from Techspot (For full review visit Techspot)
    3D Mark is a horrible benchmark. Just wanted to mention that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dicertification View Post
    3D Mark is a horrible benchmark. Just wanted to mention that.
    Really?Guess best comparison would be using different benchmarking tools and then compare the outcome and work out the average... but anyway the card is still generally bad... At first i though Dual GPU /yay but nop =[

Quote Originally Posted by Waterspark View Post
    Really?Guess best comparison would be using different benchmarking tools and then compare the outcome and work out the average... but anyway the card is still generally bad... At first i though Dual GPU /yay but nop =[
    The best is actually averaging frame rates across all the newest games. Best real-world application.

I am under NDA for it at the moment. But for reference with the 580 I also get 100 so it seems to be somewhat CPU bound at those settings.
    You're under an NDA for a video card? I want it already...