Thread: I miss...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I miss the oldschool games like Larry 1 to 3, Kings Quest 1 to 3, Police Quest 1 and 2, Space Quest 1 and 2, Goldrush and alot more of those agi games. DDDD

Quote Originally Posted by SIlmarillion View Post
    I miss the oldschool games like Larry 1 to 3, Kings Quest 1 to 3, Police Quest 1 and 2, Space Quest 1 and 2, Goldrush and alot more of those agi games. DDDD
    Quest for Glory 4 is one of my favorite games of all time.

Classic Zelda games for sure. Link's Awakening and later on Ocarina of Time.

The days when you could just sit and beat some NES or take the Gameboy over to a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Quest for Glory 4 is one of my favorite games of all time.
    Oh yeah baby

A B B A v A B B A

^ v < > A+Start

New Game Plus

You list me all three of those games, and you get a cookie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kings quest
    Wizardry
    might and magic
    tie fighter
    wing commander

Quote Originally Posted by Vashdakari View Post
    ^ ^ v v < > < > (B) (A) (Start)
    As I read that, I noticed my fingers were moving on their own accord as if they were enterring the code.

God damn.

Also, I miss games being fun and far-fetched. Seems every game lately has to be so god damn "realistic" that they start to feel less and less like a game.

I turn on the console/computer to ESCAPE reality... not bloody simulate it.

Oh, and I miss games not having voice acting.

Voice acting in video games these days is just so god awful, it really kills the mood.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I miss the PS1 games xD

Rayman
    Spyro 1 and 2... (Maybe 3...meh)
    Crash Bandicoot

Those were the days...
    Gear Score is a good representation of skill, enchants, and gems...NOH! WAI-....

Deleted
    I miss the old amega that I grew up with, some of my first memories are playing space invaders with my dad and sister. Kings Quest: Mask of Eternity was another one of my faves, but by far I'll always remember WC3 and some of the custom maps dreamed up like Vamp, and Wintermaul.
    Hell even the days of playing Goldeneye and Super Smash Bro's on N64 round my childminders *Sigh* I'm tempted to buy an N64 now
    Last edited by mmoc8a300a9939; 2011-03-24 at 07:56 PM.

Old school RPGs.

Police Ace 1-2 ... (i believe 3-4 took that SWAT approach which imo killed it).
    Space Quest 1-5 (Great series)
    Day of the Tentacle
    Indiana Jones
    Quest for Glory (aka Heroes quest)
    Kings Quest 4-5
    Leisure Suit Larry ( )
    KOTORs

I'm sure there's some i left out. But back before a game had to be a MMO game for it to be good. now any more it seems RPG are going away in favor for MMO subscription fees. even KOTORs is becoming an MMO (SWTOR)... which i'll totally whore myself out for... but that's besides the point.

Above all... Above all, I miss happy video game characters.

Seems every time I buy a new game, I'm forced to walk in the shoes of some disgruntled, broody old fart slitting his wrists over that one girl he couldn't save.

What happened to the good old days of a Hero being a Hero just because he wanted to be a Hero? Just because it was the right thing to do?

Just a happy, responsible Hero saving the world.. None of this "Oooh, my sister died when I was a kid and my dog has cancer and I'm forced to fight in this war because I can control time and space and I'm on a depressing quest for nonspecific revenge..."

No.. I like "Hey! You're a bad guy! I'm gonna stop you 'cause I'm a good guy!"

Games have to be so damn dark and depressing these days... It's disgusting.
    Last edited by Mixxy; 2011-03-24 at 05:08 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mixup View Post
    Above all... Above all, I miss happy video game characters.

Seems every time I buy a new game, I'm forced to walk in the shoes of some disgruntled, broody old fart slitting his wrists over that one girl he couldn't save.

What happened to the good old days of a Hero being a Hero just because he wanted to be a Hero? Just because it was the right thing to do?

Just a happy, responsible Hero saving the world.. None of this "Oooh, my sister died when I was a kid and my dog has cancer and I'm forced to fight in this war because I can control time and space and I'm on a depressing quest for nonspecific revenge..."

No.. I like "Hey! You're a bad guy! I'm gonna stop you 'cause I'm a good guy!"

Games have to be so damn dark and depressing these days... It's disgusting.
    Play something else besides JRPGs?

Quote Originally Posted by TinyScout View Post
    Play something else besides JRPGs?
    It's not just JRPG's. Any game that doesn't have an emo main character seems to be set in some depressing post-apocalyptic wasteland, or some giant war riddled with death and strife, or in the midst of a deadly plague or an invasion by bloothirsty monsters...

It's always a bloody depressing character, or a depressing setting.

Even freakin' Pokemon has taken a turn down the dark and broody road with Black and White... with the main story being the hero (of sorts) trying desperately to prevent some megalomaniac from brain-washing the entire world and forcing them all to live as slaves (even hinted at that they want to flat-out KILL all humanity).

Edit:
    Eh.. maybe it's always been this way and I'm just getting more and more cynical as the years pass. But still, what happened to Mario-esque situations? Happy character in a happy world, stomping the bad guy without splattering his brains all over the pavement in a rampage...
    Last edited by Mixxy; 2011-03-24 at 05:25 PM.

oh god there are so many games that come to mind...

starting with prince of persia (part ONE!) when i was a kid. the thrill when i first encountered that mirror watching an evil version of me running to the other direction whom i had to fight later on... epic!
    Loom and its way to acustically lead you through a game where you had to replay those songs to solve a riddle.
    Indiana Jones - just loved that fist fighting! and basically everything around Dr Jones...
    Day of the Tentacle - so many hours well spent
    History Line and Battle Isle - does anyone still remember those totally awesome games?!
    Might and Magic III - V - stopped playing after V i think. had every character geared up to the max and it took YEARS!! since i only used to play half to one hour/day (compared to my average /played time in wow that's literally nothing!)
    Civilization - think i played all of em and started the world map over and over again
    Colonization - if you were addicted so Civ you just had to play this one too!
    Heroes of Might and Magic - can't remember which part i loved the most! II was such a huge leap forward when you started with part I. then when the level editor came out with part III (i think) i used to spend days to weeks working on a single map!
    DOOM - hell was that great to finally get through on ultra violence!!! ever killed that rocket launcher boss with your last few shots of your pistol because everything else was just empty??
    DOOM 2 - same here! ;-) but it was even better. i still hear the door opening sound sometimes when i watch certain tv shows... and no its not me IT'S THERE!

and those were only pc games. i could carry on with all those super nintendo games like street fighter II turbo (everything else was just a BAD remake), mario kart, donkey kong country and the best: Rock'n'Roll Racing!!

gone searching for my SNES and see if it still works...

Quote Originally Posted by Mixup View Post
    Even freakin' Pokemon has taken a turn down the dark and broody road with Black and White... with the main story being the hero (of sorts) trying desperately to prevent some megalomaniac from taking over the world.
    Ummm... Generation 1 did have Team Rocket. Sure, they weren't the "destroy the world and remake it in my image" types, but that has more to do with the fact that no pokemon with those capabilities existed in that generation. They still had Mewtwo who was a genetically engineered superweapon that destroyed an entire island when it turned against them.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Ummm... Generation 1 did have Team Rocket. Sure, they weren't the "destroy the world and remake it in my image" types, but that has more to do with the fact that no pokemon with those capabilities existed in that generation. They still had Mewtwo who was a genetically engineered superweapon that destroyed an entire island when it turned against them.
    Aye, I realized that (and there's Teams Magma, Aqua, and Galactic) after I made the post, so I editted it a tiny bit to reflect how much darker it's gotten recently.

Gears of War 1 - The mutliplayer in it was the best ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragelicious View Post
    Mute yourself. You happen to be dumb atm.

i miss donkey kong N64 world. and i miss kara... yea you heard me!

Quote Originally Posted by rofltroll View Post
    Gears of War 1 - The mutliplayer in it was the best ever.
    I miss co-op multiplayer modes. They've grown so damn rare lately. Games are either MMO, single-player only, or competitive multi-player only.

Can't forget the days of Pokemon.
    You must become a Master Baiter if you want to want to master the One-eyed Fish of the Dark Caverns!