Thread: I miss...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Duke Nukem: Strippers in video games ftw.

Deleted
    Stealth games that were actually stealth games(á la Thief) and horror games that were actually horror games.(á la Silent Hill)

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually really miss SSX3. Was an awesome game having free roam of a mountain with no loading screens, huge diversity in locations, and SO many competititons in which it was impossible to get Gold in until you did some higher ones to get some better Snowboards... wasn't even repetetive, still took ages to complete. Sadly, i found the disc snapped the other day RIP Allegra (the boarder i used to play as :/)
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gaming wise I'll hardly miss anything. Either I own the original game or I can download/emulate it.

That games started prioritizing graphics over story for years now. For me, SNES will always be king of the console games

I miss the NES, SNES, Ronald Reagan (especially compared to the current dumbass in office), the 80s, my best friends now that I live across the country from them and PSO.

---------- Post added 2011-03-25 at 06:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    Stealth games that were actually stealth games(á la Thief) and horror games that were actually horror games.(á la Silent Hill)
    Tenchu and Thief were awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by link064 View Post
    I miss games taking longer than 3-4 hours. It seems like as graphics get better and better in games, content gets shorter and shorter.
    This, i remember having 120 hours playtime to beat ff9.

Deleted
    I miss games like KotOR, Nox, D2, Thief etcetera....
    Atleast they had good story/very good gameplay/made you think/were hardmode/lasted longer than 4 fucking hours!

I miss having magic in Zelda games. None of the more recent ones have had magic. LET ME CAST DIN'S FIRE DAMNIT.
    I miss having a melody play when I pick up an expansion in a Metroid game. Minor point for some people, major for me! I also miss Samus being a more respectable character. As attractive as I admit she looks in the zero suit, she was never meant to be a sex symbol. That and the ridiculous panicky scared submissive way she acts in Other M make me die a little inside.

I miss having First person shooters where you have to compensate for bullet drop over long distances and lead a moving target. Using precise, timed, aimed shots with a bolt action rather than having an assault rifle that's accurate to the other side of the map and helicopters killing my enemies for me.
    Games like Modern Warfare are pretty fun, if you just want to have a quick game of killing people in a reflex orientated shooter that gets quite hectic. But I want games that reward you for being patient and taking good shots rather than spamming grenades and bullets. Think United Offencive.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucius Von Blasttrigger View Post
    Wing Commander and space-flight sims that aren't EVE.
    Wing Commander 3: Heart of the Tiger
    Tie Fighter
    X-Wing
    Final Fantasy games before they got guns and industry - yes, I mean before VII
    Not hating on VII, I just wish they would have called it something else (and started a new series) and continued with an old-school fantasy theme. I totally understand that the Final Fantasy name alone sells, but that doesn't mean I have to agree with it.
    Opulence. I has it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    Played Amnesia, Dark Descent? =>
    As for stealth games.
    Erm...
    Wind...waker..
    Forsaken....
    ... Fortress...

Yeah there aren't any =<
    Quote Originally Posted by llcjay1 View Post
    Wing Commander 3: Heart of the Tiger
    Tie Fighter
    X-Wing
    On that Note - Rogue Squadron.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Velossa View Post
    I miss when Final Fantasy was more than just Pretty Graphics > Storyline. :|
    This on so many levels... FFX was the last of its kind to me.

Or maybe the awesomeness that is Crash Bandicoot before it got sold to some bad gamecompany. CTR ftw

10+ Year Old Account
    good writing and stories. but maybe that all went away since im not a kid anymore and i have higher standards.....

Quote Originally Posted by Lucius Von Blasttrigger View Post
    Wing Commander and space-flight sims that aren't EVE.
    Likewise. I think WC3 was one of the pinnacles of gaming. The entire Origin lineup was incredible - Privateer, WC2, WC4, Armada, etc. Starlancer, Freelancer (not freespace), by the DA guys are great as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    The true measure of a person is how they act when they know they won't get caught.

15+ Year Old Account
    I miss games that actually had epic soundtracks. Nowadays music seems to be rushed in almost every game. HOMM2-3 still has the best soundtracks ever made. Also Gothic series. Sure there's some great sounds in WoW too, especially http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_xJJftWiLg

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Super mario world, Best game ever

Quote Originally Posted by Renagade Raven View Post
    On that Note - Rogue Squadron.
    Never played it for some reason -.-. I know I missed out.
    Opulence. I has it.

Quote Originally Posted by llcjay1 View Post
    Never played it for some reason -.-. I know I missed out.
    I bet you could find it cheap =P
    Rogue Squadron - N64.
    Rogue Squadron 2 - Gamecube. Works on the Wii too. If you have none of those consoles... you have definitely missed out ^_^
    Rogue Squadron 3 - Also Gamecube. The ground based missions are a bit lack luster but the flying ones are great.

Really immersive gameplay, challenging, great controls, engaging. Well made games ^_^