10+ Year Old Account

H 10 Omnotron vs V&T

Looking for some insight on the difficulty difference between these two since the nerfs.

Taking into account kill #'s and the fact that we dont have a rogue makes me lean towards Omnotron, but I really am clueless to how much easier the nerfs made V&T.

Group:

DK Tank
    Warrior Tank

Holy Priest
    Holy Paladin
    Disc Priest

Destro Lock
    Fire Mage
    Frost Dk
    Balance Druid
    SV/MM Hunter

Any extra insight much appreciated, as I continue searching for more info

The V&T nerfs made the fight significantly easier on 25 man, and the fight was already easier on 10 from what I gathered (friends/kill numbers). We were able to finally down it last night on 25 with a lot less trouble and even had some of our benchwarmers in for the fight.

Not sure of the difficulty on 10 man Omnotron but 25m wipes are mostly just bad rng and people being stupid. If you're confident in your raid you would probably want to start there.

Please use the search function, someone made this EXACT thread title earlier today.

Both fights are easy, but since you don't have a rogue, Omnitron would be a better first option.

Quote Originally Posted by Viros View Post
    Please use the search function, someone made this EXACT thread title earlier today.

Both fights are easy, but since you don't have a rogue, Omnitron would be a better first option.
    Insinuating that heroic difficulty fights are "easy" is a very subjective way of thinking, considering how few guilds have killed either of these encounters.

Quote Originally Posted by Partyhats View Post
    Insinuating that heroic difficulty fights are "easy" is a very subjective way of thinking, considering how few guilds have killed either of these encounters.
    And insinuating that 10mans are easier based on what your friends told you is also a very subjective way of thinking, although I didn't say anything about that.

He's asking for opinions. I gave mine. Omnitron is easier than V&T if you don't have a rogue, else V&T is just a normal fight while the rogue solos the Twilight Realm.

We had a significantly easier time with Valiona than Omnotron. It took us about 75 wipes for Omnotron, with about 50 of them using a really terrible strategy, and 25 wipes with our new strategy. Valiona, we got her to 16% in 4 attempts with 2 pug DPS, and killed it the 2nd attempt after our 2 mains logged in and got invited. The 2 DK's we brought died every attempt within 1 minute. Overall, it took 20 attempts to kill, and realistically it could have been done within 5.

Deleted
    We had a much easier time with V&T, though we do have a sub rogue. Omnitron gets on my nerves.