Disc PVP: advantages?

So, I've been specing out of shadow while grinding honot since shadow is so dependant on high resilience.
    I got good results as Disc and have to say I have more fun healing in PvP than I thought I would.

However, I feel like I die more than other healers. Esp if a DK or War is one, it gets tough once my shield is down. Druids for example can cyclone, catsprint out of trouble.
    What do you guys think are the main strengths of the disc pvp spec and how would you advice to play on these?
    I find our heals not very potent (PoM, Renew or Penance heal for like 10-20k and I have to rely on flash often), is it all about shields, quick flash to reduce shield CD and hope noone sees you in the meanwhile? :P

PS: any recommendation for a good addon to monitor PWS?
    Many thanks!

-Pel

You have a few good tools at your disposal to handle pressure. The most potent being Pain Suppression(glyphed ideally). If you know you are going to be focused it's definitely worth using. Same goes for barrier if you can get a chance to use it effectively. The points in Strength of soul that make you immune to interrupts when you inner focus help, just hit IF then cast freely. Juke interrupts if you can. Psychic Scream will keep most melee off you for long enough to get a flash off. And if you can afford to cast it, just MC the person on you and they either intterupt it or get Mcd. if they burn the interrupt here you can free cast heals since MC is in the shadow tree.

That's about all you've got to work with, if you still can't keep up you need more resil or peels from your partner(s).

How much resilience do you have? Shadowform alone is equal to like 1429 resilience. I just started gearing up disc for PvP and I crafted all the pvp pieces with haste or spirit and farmed for my 2 pc. I'm sitting on 2100 resilience, and I can tell a huge difference already. Always keep shield up, keep up prayer of mending on yourself, so when someone gets on you, you no longer have weakened soul, can re-shield + penance + renew, and then recast prayer of mending. I'm just doing BGs mainly now, so I opted for two points in reflective shield. I like putting my dots on the guy beating on me, while he does 12k damage to himself. Desperate prayer has saved my ass countless times too. Flash heal if penance is on CD. Heal is useless, Greater Heal is nice if you can use Inner Focus while you have Borrowed Time, otherwise it takes too long to cast.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Disc is also dependent on high res after 2k res it gets a lot better. DK and wars are able to kill me solo sometimes if they are geared DK's being the hardest class to face. Hunters also are painful. DK hunter war is the order of hardest for me.

POM, renew, shield, penance and flash heal i use them all mostly the shield pom and renew.
    Intel i7 2700K (@4.8Ghz) - 8GB Corsair - Windows 7 64Bit - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H
    Corsair Force 3 SSD 120GB - Gigabyte GTX680 OC - Benq 120hz LED Monitor

Quote Originally Posted by Töasty View Post
    keep up prayer of mending on yourself, so when someone gets on you, you no longer have weakened soul, can re-shield + penance + renew, and then recast prayer of mending.
    That's pretty smart, never thought about that...*facepalm self* thanks for the education!

Whether shield has 15 seconds left, or 5, it still absorbs the same amount of damage. If a melee catches you without your shield up, there's a lot of bad things that can happen. If a warrior puts up rend, unless they have changed things, he cannot get overpower proc, unless rend actually does damage, so if shield is up, no overpower proc.

Make sure and get a Rapture cooldown tracker for when you need to regen mana. That and Tsunami trinket (once you can wear it and keep 3300 resilience without any +40 resilience gems) will do wonders for any mana problems you have. Also, make sure to stay in Inner Will at all times unless you have a melee on you.