Deleted

Weapon choice as Holy Priest

I cant decide which main hand weapon should i choose. I think that ive got three options here:

Andoros, Fist of the Dragon King - Nefarina

Incineratus - Magmaw

Twilight's Hammer - Cho'gall

Ive got 2600 spirit, 4p bonus and heroic Jar + CoR. I dont think that I need more spirit then.
    I saw that for example Buschii from For the Horde has got Twilight's Hammer, it gives a lot of haste but it has got crit...
    And on the other hand Incineratus gives haste and mastery and I think it would be better for holy priest.What do u think about it?

My guild is currently at 6/13 hc so i could get Incineratus hc from Magmaw. But what later when we kill Cho'gall hc?

Deleted
    HC wep > normal wep.

Nef hammer > Magmaw dagger > chogall hammer.

Just because someone from a top guild has item x doesn't mean he has it because he wanted to, it may be the case of there not being enough of the other weapons to go around, so don't base your conclusions on that.

Where do you put Chelley's staff of mending in there? I have magmaw's dagger and the healer off-hand and I still feel like Chelley's is better. Though, if you feel good on spirit, you likely would not be interested in it.

If you don't need the Spirit then get Incin - but don't take it over DPS IMO. Otherwise get the Nef mace and you can get something like the Neck off of Twin Dragons instead of Halfus, etc.
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    If you don't need the Spirit then get Incin - but don't take it over DPS IMO. Otherwise get the Nef mace and you can get something like the Neck off of Twin Dragons instead of Halfus, etc.
    Incineratus is really awesome. Don't reforge it, stick a Power Torrent on it out there, and confuse the hell out of people inspecting you when they think you're in DPS gear, simply because you realized you're Spirit Capped.

It is really nicely itemized, Holy is lucky to have a good mastery that meshes well with our haste, and Incineratus gives both.

So I'd go with Incineratus > Andoros > Chelley's > Twilight Hammer, for normal weapons, and the same priority (without Chelley's) for heroics.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Incineratus is really awesome. Don't reforge it, stick a Power Torrent on it out there, and confuse the hell out of people inspecting you when they think you're in DPS gear, simply because you realized you're Spirit Capped.

It is really nicely itemized, Holy is lucky to have a good mastery that meshes well with our haste, and Incineratus gives both.

So I'd go with Incineratus > Andoros > Chelley's > Twilight Hammer, for normal weapons, and the same priority (without Chelley's) for heroics.
    Depends on how said persons mana is like to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    Depends on how said persons mana is like to be honest.
    A lot of people's mana is actually better than they think it is.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    They just don't know how to manage it.

As Holy i got

Incineratus - Magmaw

As Disci I got:

Twilight's Hammer - Cho'gall

Don't reforge them take Power Torrent, and learn to use your Shadow Friend and Hymn with Power Torrent Procc. Then try to get more items with hast + mastery, but no Spirit.

Would you say the environment changes slightly when confined to 10man raiding without external sources bar Replenishment? Without Mana Tide(s) and extra Innervates you can't be 'swimming' in mana on any fight with high raid damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysdexic View Post
    Would you say the environment changes slightly when confined to 10man raiding without external sources bar Replenishment? Without Mana Tide(s) and extra Innervates you can't be 'swimming' in mana on any fight with high raid damage.
    Oh, absolutely. But that again also changes on whether or not you have 4pc and Tsunami as well. We've started giving our ferals to our Paladins, so I'm keeping my eyes on those extra spirit pieces that I added in my BiS list (even if they have crit, eww).

But you also have to factor in playstyle. Does one frivolously use Sanctuary? Casting Circle or Mending simply because they're off cooldown? People not clicking your Lightwell? Do you even cast Heal, ever, outside of a 5-man? Bandage, and not just yourself? There are so many variables that can be brought into play, and that's why there isn't a real number you can attach to Spirit.

But I make it no secret that my Resto Shaman carries my blue bar, but hey, I'm best using the tools that I've been given, rather than gimping myself in make-believe that they're not there.

But I make it no secret that my Resto Shaman carries my blue bar, but hey, I'm best using the tools that I've been given, rather than gimping myself in make-believe that they're not there.
    I'm jealous At one point I had a pet resto shaman but then he had to stop playing. I'm still waiting for Cho'gall to drop a token for me to get my 4pc and I don't have Tsunami either. Mana doesn't feel awful anymore, but it's definitely depressing when I take a sneak peek at our resto druid's mana bar and it's still pretty close to full. ._.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to go ahead and bump this.

Last night, I got Incineratus, but I put Heartsong on it, because I do have mana issues. If Chelley's Staff drops on Monday should I pick it up still or stick with the dagger and offhand? I just have the offhands from JP points and from a heroic that has same stats, slightly less spirit, and MST instead of the HST.
    This passion is a plagiarism.

Doesn't epic 1h + epic off-hand beat Chelley's? I have Incineratus, Heartbound, and Chelley's and I use Incin+Heart most of the time. I think Chelley's gives more mana regen (taking replenish and mana tide into account), but I'm not sure. Can anyone confirm that? I'm mostly swimming in mana (normal modes) except for Chim where I'm looking to pull every bit of mana I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysdexic View Post
    I'm jealous At one point I had a pet resto shaman but then he had to stop playing. I'm still waiting for Cho'gall to drop a token for me to get my 4pc and I don't have Tsunami either. Mana doesn't feel awful anymore, but it's definitely depressing when I take a sneak peek at our resto druid's mana bar and it's still pretty close to full. ._.
    I hear you on the four piece. We've killed Cho'gall 9 times and my token hasn't dropped once. I'd be happy with losing the roll at this point, just to know the thing really exists.

Incin was actually the first epic drop I won and I've never looked back. I roll with a Pally and Resto Druid, so they want that mace badly anyway. Even with no mana tide and no four piece, I still survive easily without that tiny chunk of spirit. I use that ring from Cho'gall as well. The way I see it, if you have ton of spirit you aren't hurting yourself by picking up non-spirit items that are loaded with haste and mastery.

I just personally never liked staves. They tend to have less stats total than 1h+oh

10+ Year Old Account
    True true.

But if you just killed nefarian when you are still in like 70% blue gear id get the spirit over the mastery/haste combo :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prod View Post
    Doesn't epic 1h + epic off-hand beat Chelley's? I have Incineratus, Heartbound, and Chelley's and I use Incin+Heart most of the time. I think Chelley's gives more mana regen (taking replenish and mana tide into account), but I'm not sure. Can anyone confirm that? I'm mostly swimming in mana (normal modes) except for Chim where I'm looking to pull every bit of mana I can.
    Well, from what I understand, heartsong on a 2hander procs a lot more than heartsong on a 1hander.

And my personal opinion of your swiming in mana predicament: Reforge spirit.

10+ Year Old Account
    What would people suggest as weapon choice for a raiding heroic modes 10man disc priest? If you play with a combo of disc priest + paladin + shaman/holy priest, for example.

Currently running with Cho'gall mace NM.

15+ Year Old Account
    If I had to stick to one weapon drop I'd use Incineratus.
    As disc I go for a lot of mastery, as holy I go for a lot of haste. Incineratus has both so I can just reforge the one I don't go for into spirit.
    Ideally I'd use nef's mace for disc and Incineratus for holy but it's not really an option to grab the heroic version of both until
    everyone has what they need so I'd go with Incineratus first.