Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Mirror of broken Images - BIS for every class?

Hey everybody,

Atm we're having a little arguement in our guild about Mirror of broken images (http://www.wowhead.com/item=68713) We are a 10 man raid and I say that this trinket is BIS for nearly every class because of the use effect. This depends on the encounter ofc. But you will see that you can use it nearly on every boss. I'm currently talking about HMs but I assume it's pretty much the same if you progress the bosses on normal mode

- Omnitron: AoE Fire stuff or the other fire stuff
    - Chimaeron: Feud
    - Atramedes: Searing Flame
    - Maloriak: Fire Breath
    - Nef: Crackles
    - Conclave: Frost Platform Special stuff

Sure this trinket isn't absolutely necessary but it can reduce heavy damage spikes a lot. In 10 man you often have the problem that if 1 person dies it's a wipe. And I would say that if you have these trinkets you have a way bigger chance to survive stuff, which is in my eyes the most important thing over all. Dead DPS don't help, Dead Healers don't help.

What do you think?

little example: I'm a tank so I have it anyway and I used it on the frost platform in conclave heroic yesterday. The damage was so low... I think it ticked for about 10k-15k or so. Healing is very very easy then

Thanks for your oppinions

If you have no problems with DPS but problems with survival it can be very useful for everyone yes.

Yes, it's very useful, but you gotta take into account heavy enrage timers like Nefarian heroic, or stuff that needs to be killed fast, like the adds on Anshal's platform or the Poison Bombs on ODS. It's very useful for tanks, but if the healers can keep up, the raid should aim for maximum dps throughput.

Deleted
    atm its BIS for protection warrior's since they lack Magical resistance.

I consider it a must for me on nefarian's crackle, also I tank the lightning elemental on council fight and sometimes Im too far away to interrupt, 100k dmg turns into 50k-60k. really nice
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...imtor/advanced

Grimtor - Protection warrior - The maelstrom EU.

like carrierz said - only if you are having an issue w/ survival. I use it on my Prot warrior and think it's great for that. It moves your resist from 25% to 50% (+/-) so it's great for Nefarian crackles, Omnotron incineration, etc etc. Only since Stam isn't what it used to be does it make this good to decent for tanking. As far as DPS classes.... you are losing significant DPS in favor for survivability imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    It sucks if the healers have no problems healing you through the stuff.

I wouldn't say it's BIS for every class, but it's definitely up there for the majority of classes depending on the fight. As a tank I'd def say it's BIS though.

Omnitron - /Agree with magmatron's abilities
    Chimaeron - Useful for feud, but healers are going to be spam healing everyone to full anyways so if you have better trinkets than the mirror, you can swap it out
    Maloriak - /Agree to an extent, fire breath just isn't that dangerous imo
    Nef - "ELECTROCUTES" yep yep
    Conclave - /Agree
    Magmaw - Works very nice for his aoe fire
    Atramedes - If you're getting hit by searing flame it's game over anyways for you
    Twin Dragons - Blackout/P2 Meteors
    Ignacious - For the tank only during the flame breath style attack
    Chogall - Fury/Flame's orders for the tank, and the Shadow AOE for the raid

Deleted
    It's amazingly useful for hardmodes. There's very few fights that it doesn't help with.

Deleted
    Its best used on a tank, almost all dps have a cd to lower damage taken, may not be on a min cd but its handy to have but not needed for all. mastery is not a sexy stat for everyone

Well while it certainly is useful on some encounters the only time I think it's really great is second phase on nefarian hc.

10+ Year Old Account
    For tanks it can be incredibly good on a number of encounters, particularly the heroic versions. I don't think its going to be necessary for dps to use it most of the time although I did see a number of dps from Paragon (I think) after they got their heroic cho'gall kill. I just doubt that dps need to use it for most encounters now as they have been better balanced, tuned, and/or the raids gear is better than the people who were chasing top kills.

Deleted
    Tanks yeah, rest depends on how bad mastery is for you and how good/bad your healers are.

It's useful but not mandatory, you can survive all the attacks mentionned by simply playing the right way. In fact it only compensates a lack of healing or a lack of coordination in the use of raid CDs, so it allows the good player to survive to a bad raid leader or a bad healing team (I call this a PuG item).

EDIT: For tanks it's a good one. I was talking about DPS/Healer wearing this.

Quote Originally Posted by reflection View Post
    Hey everybody,
    - Nef: Crackles
    Nef does not have an ability by this name. please refer to the ability by its actual name, not what some chic called it cause she couldnt remember the real name.

and that trinket is utterly useless for moonkin.

i could see it being a semi-interesting PVP choice however.
    Till water is gone, Till shade is gone. Into the shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath. To spit in Sightblinders eye on the last day.

Quote Originally Posted by Erathus View Post
    atm its BIS for protection warrior's since they lack Magical resistance.
    Not really, it depends on which fight and if you'd rather stack stamina or mastery. On fight with heavy magical damages and if you've choosen to stack mastery then it's a BiS. But as the CD the mirror tricks the Cd of the vial it may not be a BiS on every fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazlehoff View Post
    Nef does not have an ability by this name. please refer to the ability by its actual name, not what some chic called it cause she couldnt remember the real name.

and that trinket is utterly useless for moonkin.

i could see it being a semi-interesting PVP choice however.
    There is no raid boss named Nef, please refer to that boss by its actual name, not some lazy abbreviation. You could be right that the trinket is so useless for all those moonkin mobs that we see running around, although how they would gain access to it is beyond me. Or were you referring to a class or spec that is usable by players? I'm just not sure, since there is no class or spec that is called 'moonkin'.

Also, sentences in English always start with capital letters, "I" is always capitalized, and chick has a k on the end of it when referring to a human woman.

Are you done nit-picking and looking like an ass yet?
    <Mod edit: Infracted>
    Last edited by Chelly; 2011-03-25 at 06:22 PM.

Thanks for your answers so far I'd like to add something. There is a lot of RNG based in HMs which you CAN definitely master by trying the boss over and over again. But imaging the wind guys platform in Conclave 10 heroic. If there's one tick too much on that platform everybody dies and it's a wipe. If everybody would pop the trinket right before the shield, the damage would be like half and you would have WAY more time to deal with the shield.
    I don't see THAT much damage in Conclave e.g. only on the frost platform when he does his special, but yesterday we did it with one Healer and a Shadow which helped healing, cause we had no DD which could survive the wind platform special.

I don't say put that trinket on in every case and for every class, but there are a lot of bosses where it can be REALLY usefull and it beats out any other trinket available.

Every single encounter you listed is by far doable without it. It is no where near worth it for hunters considering we have a 20% cd on a 6 second cd.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness81 View Post
    -Snip-

Oh hey, look, a player who thinks putting X's in his name makes him look cool.

and i snipped everything out of the quote that was pointless to post in this thread.

he said "Mirror is BiS for every class." clearly it is not. every class would include hunters, balance druids, shamans, etc.

Also, I'm pretty certian that posting simply to point out my grammatical mistakes makes you look like a bigger tool than you accuse me of being.

if your whole reason to post here is to mock others, why do you even have an account here? we have enough of that sort of "person" in the wow community.

and before you doggedly say "you did the same thing" this is not the case, i posted regarding PVP applications of the trinket, stating that it was not worthwhile as a Moonkin (see above).

your post here seems to be little better than thinly veiled trolling or flaming, and its not appreciated. you are a prime example of the problems currently affecting the player base of Warcraft.
    <Mod edit: Infracted>
    Last edited by Chelly; 2011-03-25 at 06:22 PM.
    Till water is gone, Till shade is gone. Into the shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath. To spit in Sightblinders eye on the last day.