Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

PTR Patch 4.1 - Build 13793

Update 09:30PM CEST - It also looks like Reins of Poseidus is now an epic item, it will probably a loot from the rare NPC Poseidus in Vashj'ir.
    Update 08:30PM CEST - Extinct Turtle Shell is now bound to account apparently and seems to be a potential Archaeology reward.
    Update 08:00PM CEST - Added item changes/additions.
    Update 07:45PM CEST - Added the final/clean version of class spells and professions changes.
    Update 07:00PM CEST - Added the final/clean version of the Achievements changes.

PTR Patch 4.1 - Build 13793
    A new build is finally being deployed on PTRs!

Item Changes

Achievements Changes
    Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    Dungeons & Raids
    Cataclysm Dungeon
    • Ring Out! will only rewarded if all players defeat Daakara without leaving the turquoise stonework.
    • Here, Kitty Kitty... now requires you to defeat High Priestess Kilnara after having fed 4 Temple Rats to Bethekk's Pride. Now rewards 10 points, up from 0.

Exploration
    Eastern Kingdoms

General

Guild (bottom tab)
    General

Player vs. Player
    Arathi Basin

Battle for Gilneas

Rated Battleground

Twin Peaks

Professions
    Fishing

Spell Changes
    Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    Class Skills
    Companions
    • Guardian Cub Right Click to summon and dismiss your Guardian Cub. Instant
    • Pterrordax Hatchling Right Click to summon and dismiss your Pterrordax Hatchling. Instant
    • Voodoo Figurine Right Click to summon and dismiss your Voodoo Figurine. Instant

Mounts
    • Amani Battle Bear: Summons and dismisses a rideable Amani Battle Bear.
    • Subdued Seahorse Summons and dismisses a rideable Subdued Seahorse. This mount is a zippy swimmer.Due to his capricious nature, swim speed is not affected by effects that increase or decrease mount speed. 1.5 sec cast
    • Winged Guardian Summons and dismisses a Winged Guardian. This mount changes depending on your Riding skill and location. 1.5 sec cast

Death Knight (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    Blood
    • Blood Strike base additional damage has been increased by 25%, from 680 to 850.
    • Blood Strike Off-Hand now scales from weapon damage instead of offhand weapon damage. (Not sure if it's relevant, but listing it)

Frost
    • Obliterate base additional damage has been reduced by 37.5%, from 1040 to 650.

Unholy
    • Desecration no longer triggers against targets that are immune to movement slowing effects.

Druid (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    Feral
    • Ferocious Bite now scales from 32.7% of AP with 3 combo points, up from 23.27%. (Tooltip fix)
    • Savage Defense now only procs from non-periodic critical strikes.
    • Stampede now also causes Ravage to not have a positioning requirement.

Restoration
    • Nature's Swiftness now increases the amount healed by 50% if the spell is a healing spell.

Balance
    • Cyclone now lasts 6 sec, up from 5 sec.
    • Starfall - Shapeshifting into an animal form or mounting cancels the effect. Any effect which causes you to lose control of your character will suppress the starfall effect.
    • Starlight Wrath now Reduces the cast time of your Wrath and Starfire spells by 0.15/0.25 sec, up from 0.1/0.2 sec.

Hunter (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    Survival

Marksmanship
    • Multi-Shot now deals 138% weapon damage, up from 118%.

Pet - Generic Hunter

Mage (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    Frost
    • Frostbolt base damage has been increased by 10%, from [ 657 - 838 ] to [ 723 - 922 ]
    • Fingers of Frost now increases Ice Lance damage by 25%, up from 15%.
    • Ice Barrier now scales from 87% of Frost Spellpower, up from 80.7%.

Arcane
    • Arcane Blast now has a 2.2 sec cast time, down from 2.5 sec. Base damage reduced by 12%, from [ 1933 - 2247 ] to [ 1710 - 1988 ]

Paladin (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    Protection
    • Sacred Duty now also procs from Avenger's Shield. Now lasts 10 sec, down from 15 sec.

Holy
    • Illuminated Healing now absorbs for 12% of the amount healed, up from 10%. Each point of Mastery increases the absorb amount by an additional 1.5%, up from 1.25%.

Priest (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    Discipline
    • Rapture now instantly energizes you with 5/7% of your total mana, up from 4/6%.

Rogue (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    Subtlety
    • Cheat Death now cannot occur more than once per 90 sec, up from 1 minute.

Shaman (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    Elemental Combat
    • Fire Nova now has a 100 yards range, up from 40 yards.

Enhancement
    • Dual Wield now increases chance to hit with melee attacks only.
    • Seasoned Winds no longer procs from interrupts with Grounding Totems.

Warlock (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    Glyphs

Warrior (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    Protection
    • Gag Order chance to silence the target now also affects Pummel.

Fury
    • Enraged Regeneration - Enraged, and new Enrage effects may not be gained while active.
    • Slam now deals 145% damage plus 624, down from 174% weapon damage plus 748.
    • Whirlwind now reduces the cooldown when it hits targets with the main-hand weapon.
    • Raging Blow now deals 100% weapon damage, down from 120%.

Arms
    • Colossus Smash now bypasses 100% of the armor but bypasses less armor on players.
    • Mortal Strike now deals 150% weapon damage, down from 175%.
    • Overpower now deals 125% weapon damage, down from 145%.
    • Improved Slam now increases Slam's damage by 10/20%.

Professions
    Cooking

Jewelcrafting

Alchemy

Engineering

Enchanting

Leatherworking

Tailoring
    Last edited by Boubouille; 2011-03-25 at 09:04 PM.

Deleted
    Prayer of Mending: Places a spell on the target that heals them the next time they take damage. When the heal occurs, Prayer of Mending jumps to a party or raid member within 20 yards. Jumps up to $n1 times and lasts $d1 30 sec after each jump. This spell can only be placed on one target at a time.

What is $d1?

That Subdued Seahorse better not be a mount that drops from Poseidus. I happened upon that rare spawn by chance one day and would hate to think I missed out on a mount just because it didn't happen later.

# Gnomish Gravity Well: Requires Gnomish Engineer Engineering
    fixing stuff that's not even in-game, typical

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm....Forged Documents? Wonder what those are...

edit: oh nvm. I'm a moron. They're already ingame and have been for quite awhile.
    Last edited by bajerman; 2011-03-25 at 06:01 PM.

i think this phrase is really appropriate for this post.

what is this...i don't even..

Quote Originally Posted by bajerman View Post
    Hmm....Forged Documents? Wonder what those are...
    i know nothing of tricking clueless barbers into believing they have accidently cut of someones ear and then have them handing me a sack of money to pay to the "customer"

10+ Year Old Account
    In regards to the Aspect of the Fox change, wouldnt "them" be a more suitable change?

Demonology
    Hand of Gul'dan: Summons a falling meteor down upon the enemy target, dealing 1405 to 1660 Shadowflame Shadow damage and erupts an aura of magic within 4 yards, causing all targets within it to have a 10% increased chance to be critically hit by any Warlock demons. The aura lasts for 15 sec.

I cant believe it , devs actually listened to my request on official warlock forums o.O

Moar Frost Mage damage! Because being Ice lanced to death in 3 globals was just too slow.

I understand the survivability buff to Ice Barrier, but buffing Frost damage, really?

not stoked on these possible fat warrior nerfs. people qq too much about pvp.

10+ Year Old Account
    obliterate nerf. sigh.

Deleted
    More Mage buffs, what is this? World of Bastard Mage-Craft?! Wasn't there a blue post about Blizzard getting rid of Mages control? Surely more damage to Frost Bolt and Ice Lance, then even a buff to Ice Barrier is just going to make them even more controlling?

Deleted
    Rolfcopter & winged lion mount : This mount changes depending on your location.

Wonder what this is about.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalx View Post
    Actually, it is in game. You have to be a gnomish engineer and talk to the gnomish engineer trainer.

Glad it's finally fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by FenrisUy View Post
    Moar Frost Mage damage! Because being Ice lanced to death in 3 globals was just too slow.

I understand the survivability buff to Ice Barrier, but buffing Frost damage, really?

Blizzard wants frost mages to be the best spec ever obviously. Thats why they nerf the classes that arent very good and buff mages more, its to make sure that other classes can never kill a frost mage under any circumstance.

you think Cataclysmically Delicious is retroactive? can we start eating now?

Quote Originally Posted by Kalx View Post
    Considering the fact that it says PTR Patch 4.1... that should be obvious.

I play arms as a secondary spec and now I am sad I hope the changes don't impact the output too badly, but I'll adapt like always I guess.

Mjeh, still no new Mountain o' Mounts achievement, and surprise on yet another shafting on prot palains... sigh.
    Nice tho that the bearmount from ZA comes from a timed event just like before.