Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

The Most Under Rated Game you've played

I saw a thread for the most over-rated video game. So that inspired me to create this one. Just as the title says, what do you think is the most under rated game that you've played? IMO, I think it would be Dante's Inferno for the 360. I really liked the way the game played. A simple hack in slash with two major weapons that you can upgrade by punishing or absolving people from the Bible. I really liked the way they depicted hell as well.

Feel free to post your opinions. Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Golden Sun. People here usually know what it is but I talk to some gamers IRL who have no idea. Sad

Singularity. A lot of people thought that game was awful, but I thouroughly enojoyed it. My friend and I dubbed the time-slow-sphere the Spirit Bomb and screamed Kamehameha whenever we used it (I know they're different, relax!). Great times...

Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    Golden Sun. People here usually know what it is but I talk to some gamers IRL who have no idea. Sad
    Golden Sun was amazing! It's still one of my favorite RPGs

Riviera on the GBA. one of the best turn-based rpg's I've played and nobody heard about it
    God Hand on the PS2. everywhere I see bad reviews about this game, but it's so FUN

A game for PS2 called Primal. It is one hell of a damn game, one of my favorites of all time. Likeable characters, awesome graphics, varied and unique environments. This game had it all for me. http://ps2.ign.com/objects/482/482061.html

DCUO, Shadow of the Collosus, Mega Man X series, Ducktales (for the NES), Everquest: Shards of Dalaya(Player created mod of Everquest), Xenosaga, Pilotwings 64, Mario Paint, Final Fantasy 2(j).

Did I leave any out?

Ah yes, Earthworm Jim

10+ Year Old Account
    Saints Row 2!

I sank 3 saves of 50+ hours into that game and still would be playing it, if I wasn't working like a fiend.

The folks that compare it to GTA in the realm of "The graphics are bad. GTA is so better for x reason" are the same people that don't understand a witty joke until it's spelled out to them.

Sadly, that includes most game reviewers.

Best Review I have seen on it: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...2-Saints-Row-2

Saints Row: The Third is coming this year and outside of The Elder Scrolls new title, it's the game I'm looking forward to the most.
    Quote Originally Posted by Basmothel
    Lacking ammo, the forum troll darts into the realm of personal insults and doomsaying; the most primitive means of gaining attention from its peers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyadore View Post
    You know something, none of us ruined the game. We make it better. And so do most of you.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Loag View Post
    I saw a thread for the most over-rated video game. So that inspired me to create this one. Just as the title says, what do you think is the most under rated game that you've played? IMO, I think it would be Dante's Inferno for the 360. I really liked the way the game played. A simple hack in slash with two major weapons that you can upgrade by punishing or absolving people from the Bible. I really liked the way they depicted hell as well.

Feel free to post your opinions. Thanks!
    Not quite, the people you punish, or absolve are actually more from ancient greek, egyptian, or mesopotamian mythology, granted there are a few biblical figures too. Also, something tells me you've never heard of the "Divine Comedy"... A shame really.

Anyways, on topic.... Hmm, hard to say, I liked Anno 1417 (probably the wrong number), wasn't good at it, but I like it. Hmm

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx View Post
    DCUO, Shadow of the Collosus, Mega Man X series, Ducktales (for the NES), Everquest: Shards of Dalaya(Player created mod of Everquest), Xenosaga, Pilotwings 64, Mario Paint, Final Fantasy 2(j).

Did I leave any out?

Ah yes, Earthworm Jim
    agree with DCUO and shadow of the collosus, although the latter has actually built up quite a cult status .

Lufia 2: Rise of the sinistrals

Harvest moon on snes!!!

Until very recently, Ico and even Shadow of the Colossus were not well known at all, and even people that have played SoC have never heard of Ico. Both are amazing games.

Had to edit because another popped into my head. The Xenosaga series was awesome as well. Everyone talks about the story lines in the FF games, and they are great as well, but Xenosaga I, II, and III had one of the best stories in a game and some unforgettable characters.
    Last edited by darkhybridx; 2011-03-25 at 07:17 PM.

this one game i played that was all about ski-doos

alot of fun tracks, great music to go with it

an original Xbox game. the only thing that i could enjoy when i took breaks from halo 2 =P

Deleted
    So many.

Mirrors Edge.
    Golden Sun.
    Final Fantasy 9.
    Viva Pinata.

Could probably go on for a while lol

Deleted
    1. No One Lives Forever!
    2. Amnesia: Dark descent.
    3. Populous: The Beginning

They should've received more attention.
    Last edited by mmoc25e5b9266c; 2011-03-25 at 07:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    act raiser on Snes id say its in the top 10 under rated games on snes

Deleted
    Hidden Source, it might not be an awesome online-game but it's one of the best LAN-Games I can think of, but most people I know just doesn't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lostwood View Post
    Amnesia: Dark descent.

Populous: The Beginning

The first one is a great low-budget game. The second one is an oldie that should've received more attention.
    I wouldn't say Amnesia is under-rated. GI gave it a 9/10 I believe. It's a great game nevertheless. Pretty much made me shit myself a couple times lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Same answer as the other thread: Phantom Dust, for XBox. This game could easily be an e-sport if they have invested time and money, the design and the enviroment of the game are great.

Quote Originally Posted by Lostwood View Post
    1. No One Lives Forever!
    2. Amnesia: Dark descent.
    3. Populous: The Beginning

They should've received more attention.
    I'd rather say both Penumbras are underrated =)
    Amnesia should receive more attention nevertheless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertaiment
    The only new glyph we are ready to announce right now is the Glyph of Divine Shield, which reduces the cast time of your Hearthstone whenever Divine Shield is active.

10+ Year Old Account
    Amnesia: Dark descent.
    Everyday there's a thread of someone saying how good and scary is Amnesia. It is not underrated at all. Actually, it is kinda overrated. =P